Map Layout

Edds

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• 8 very small cities (Size of San Fierro)
    • 6 small cities (Size of Los Santos)
    • 4 medium sized cities (Thrice the size of San Fierro)
    • 3 large cities (Thrice of Los Santos)
    • 2 colossal cities (Size of the map of San Andreas each)

So simple pick what you prefer. Assuming the map to be around 6-7 times the size(2.5x length and breadth average, you know your Maths) of SA (since this is next-gen). And in between cities there would be countryside, but this poll discusses cities only. (Yea, I consider San Fierro to be "Very Small" and LS "small" since this is (repeating myself) next-gen.)

For myself, I would pick 2 very large cities, I just like big cities, rather than many. Vote seriously, ok? ^_^

Edited by EddTehPwner

I vote for 2 collosal cities, to be the size of real cities. They would have center, financial district, hills, beach, chinatown, red light districts, poor districts, rich districts, industrial districts, complexes, monuments, and suburbs of course. They would be over a few smaller islands, each part connected by a highway that goes all over the city, have train stations, metroes, trams, bus stations...

I voted for 4 medium. I would have voted for three collossal or 4/5 large cities if the options had been there. I think big big cities with really different parts of it would be great. Just like Los Santos changes from part to part, and Las Venturas has some nice outskirts (the shopping centre etc), these big cities should have no clear edge.

I think an out-of-town shopping centre, with big factory outlets, IKEA and everything like that would be a good addition.

If you think about it, the smaller the city, the faster you get bored of it(cos you'll know your way around so quickly), the larger, you don't get bored fast(much more to explore). So it's about same. Right? Yay, me.. :clapping:

Edited by EddTehPwner

If you think about it, the smaller the city, the faster you get bored of it(cos you'll know your way around so quickly), the larger, you don't get bored fast(much more to explore). So it's about same. Right? Yay, me.. :clapping:

It could take quite a long time to memorize all 8 cities. Because once you memorize town 'A' you will have to memorize town 'B', just after you memorized town 'C', you will most likely to forget some of the terrains and streets of town 'A'. If this continues on and on, you will forget and forget.

Well, as for huge cities, you memorize this part, you memorize the next, and the next, and you forget some that you haven't been in for a while. Therefore, it's still the same. Yay. Do I need to applaud myself again?

With collossal cities, they'll only have one centre (CBD) each. So really you'll only be going to a handful of places regularly, and occasionallly visiting the outskirts. With large cities (2x/3x the size of LS) there is plenty of opportunity to have everything in and there would be enough cities (say 5) to have loads of stuff different and enough contrast between them.

If you had just one city (like a massive VC) there may not be enough opportunity to vary the city, there would just have to be districts, and then an endless countryside. What i'm thinking there should be is:

One colossal SA-sized city, with a big pedestrianized high street with huge shopping centres, large residential districts, and sububial towns connected. A couple of LS-sized cities just outside of the main one, with normal conurbation facilities eg retail parks, cinemas etc. Then a few big towns way out of the city, with a few villages connected to the towns. Some features and scenery around, eg mountains and things. There would be plenty of countryside between the towns, and each corner of the map could have a different type of scenery, eg desert, forest, countryside, arctic, rainforest. Some islands in the sea (including one big one) would be fun as well.

So you're basically saying one main urban city and a few other suburbs spread across the map with different countrysides between them?

Then a few big towns way out of the city,

How big?

I think I get the picture, good idea, though. :yup:

Yeah thats pretty close:

1 colossal city (size of SA)

3 big cities (twice the size of LS)

10 towns (SF size)

25 villages (about the size of the disused airfield)

The 3 big cities would all be fairly close to the colossal city (maybe apart from one), and in between that conurbation and the towns would be main roads, and in between the towns/villages would be different terrains and landscapes.

I want either two giant cities, or 3 large cities. And people complaining about the PC version later, if they do make it for the 360 first it might be released with the PC version together since a 360 is a Top of the range PC.

Hope so :D

But nothing has been specified yet.

Then get one. :)

Would the X360 be able to handle this? Gotta be honest, the PS3 can hold almost (or more than) 2 times the memory than the X360. (Sorry, I don't memorize the specifications)

I dono for PC, I use it for surfing, forumming, chatting, blogging, nothing else.

My dad and mom won't get one for me. No it's not about financial deals. But it's because they don't like me being an ignorant. And I don't know if I am an ignorant or not. I am lucky that my parents upgraded my PC (just to get F.E.A.R.)... but getting a console: something that needs a miracle to be done!