Map Layout

Edds

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• 8 very small cities (Size of San Fierro)
    • 6 small cities (Size of Los Santos)
    • 4 medium sized cities (Thrice the size of San Fierro)
    • 3 large cities (Thrice of Los Santos)
    • 2 colossal cities (Size of the map of San Andreas each)

There is no chance that GTA4 would come out for the xBox 360 first, Take 2 and Microsoft have no proper business relationship. The first game (GTA4) would have to be able to run on pc+ps3+360, to ensure a big market and good sales. The games after that (GTA5 or GTA4b) may make more use of the PS3s Blu-ray disks etc and not be able to be compatible with the 360.

COD whats ignorant about owning a game console? A rich friend of mine has PS2, Xbox and 360... Freak. I don't find him ignorant. Just talk it out with them, parents are easy. Well, some are.

X360 uses dual layered DVDs right? That's twice the memory as the PS2, probably would satisfy me, considering it to be merely the first of the GTA4 series console-wise. Unfortunately, I won't be getting PS3 til like summer 2007, and that's the only console I'll own, would sell my PS2 for a lower price, opposite of COD, it's not the ignorance, it's the financial issues... :(

COD whats ignorant about owning a game console? A rich friend of mine has PS2, Xbox and 360... Freak. I don't find him ignorant. Just talk it out with them, parents are easy. Well, some are.

X360 uses dual layered DVDs right? That's twice the memory as the PS2, probably would satisfy me, considering it to be merely the first of the GTA4 series console-wise. Unfortunately, I won't be getting PS3 til like summer 2007, and that's the only console I'll own, would sell my PS2 for a lower price, opposite of COD, it's not the ignorance, it's the financial issues... :(

My Parents are NOT easy at all. They don't even let me play GTA anymore (because they now what's in the news and the internet), they are not ignorants (some parents are sometimes... I am not saying that your parents are) :)

You reall think so MAN? My OWN BANK ACCOUNT basically can afford a PS2, PS3 or XBOX 360. Think about it. I upgraded my PC with my own money. My dad said it was a Chrismast Present because he allowed me to do so... Do you know how much it cost to buy a 3.0 GHz 64bit Windows XP GeForce 7800 GT huh? I bet you don't, you only use your PC for surfing, forumming, chatting and blogging... Nothing else

And look I'm not looking for a fight... I don;t want any problems with anyone here... But You... you're in my blacklist ;)

Edited by C.O.D

I upgraded my PC with my own money. My dad said it was a Chrismast Present because he allowed me to do so... Do you know how much it cost to buy a 3.0 GHz 64bit Windows XP GeForce 7800 GT huh?

*lol* Same for me. Just the thing is I bought the components in September, not December. And for the Christmas, I got a new monitor which me and my dad bought, so both of us gave some of our money.

Now, you two don't flame on other topics. Some people have consoles and low-end computers for internet or multimedia, others prefer to have hi-end computer for gaming, internet, multimedia, video/audio editing etc. I prefer to have this second choice.

When I had like 7-8 years, I wanted to buy a PS2 because some of my friends had it. Only one of them had a comp. My parents didn't like the idea because they knew that PC can do much more than a console. By that time all I wanted was to play games, so I didn't care what would it be. So, my dad any I decided to buy a comp. I gave my money for the monitor and my dad bought all the rest and built a PC. Still, I didn't know the difference.

Later, when I was 11 years old, I started to realise the other possibilities of a PC. Also, all the time I thought my comp was a crap, but then I saw it was actually a hi-end comp made of all the best parts avaliable at that time. My dad spent more than 3500$ on it!

That PC lasted for 7 years until the last year I decided that it's really time to buy a new one. For the price of a 64-bit P4 on 3.2Ghz I could buy a 360. For the price of a ASUS GeForce N6800 LE Extreme I could buy a PS3 (if it was out). Not to mention an new ASUS motherboard, 200GB SATA HDD, 2x 512MB DDR2 RAM on 533Mhz, Dual-layer DVD recorder, 2 coolers and a new ATX2 power supply.

So, basically, it's not a financial problem, it's about what people prefer and need. I prefer all-in-one because PC editions of games have mods and upgrades, higher level of details (depends on configuration) and you can always upgrade your PC with a joystick, gamepad or a steering wheel. Btw. I can't edit movies on 360 or PS3 and I can't edit them on a crappy comp.

*lol* Same for me. Just the thing is I bought the components in September, not December. And for the Christmas, I got a new monitor which me and my dad bought, so both of us gave some of our money.

Now, you two don't flame on other topics. Some people have consoles and low-end computers for internet or multimedia, others prefer to have hi-end computer for gaming, internet, multimedia, video/audio editing etc. I prefer to have this second choice.

When I had like 7-8 years, I wanted to buy a PS2 because some of my friends had it. Only one of them had a comp. My parents didn't like the idea because they knew that PC can do much more than a console. By that time all I wanted was to play games, so I didn't care what would it be. So, my dad any I decided to buy a comp. I gave my money for the monitor and my dad bought all the rest and built a PC. Still, I didn't know the difference.

Later, when I was 11 years old, I started to realise the other possibilities of a PC. Also, all the time I thought my comp was a crap, but then I saw it was actually a hi-end comp made of all the best parts avaliable at that time. My dad spent more than 3500$ on it!

That PC lasted for 7 years until the last year I decided that it's really time to buy a new one. For the price of a 64-bit P4 on 3.2Ghz I could buy a 360. For the price of a ASUS GeForce N6800 LE Extreme I could buy a PS3 (if it was out). Not to mention an new ASUS motherboard, 200GB SATA HDD, 2x 512MB DDR2 RAM on 533Mhz, Dual-layer DVD recorder, 2 coolers and a new ATX2 power supply.

So, basically, it's not a financial problem, it's about what people prefer and need. I prefer all-in-one because PC editions of games have mods and upgrades, higher level of details (depends on configuration) and you can always upgrade your PC with a joystick, gamepad or a steering wheel. Btw. I can't edit movies on 360 or PS3 and I can't edit them on a crappy comp.

Whoa, my first PC was on a 500mhz Celeron 3 5 GB of HDD and 64.0mb of RAM. And he started it with the Financial Deals thing. I just hate it when someone talks about it without knowing. You're right, my dad also thinks a PC is an all-in-one package for gaming, working, surfing, chatting, medias, just better!

Oh and about the map thingy, Zino's idea is really considerably great. I just hope the city would have a more downtown-like feel like the one they have in GTAIII! Where do you go when you're lonely? Downtown...

Edited by C.O.D

Huh??? Why am I on your 'blacklist'. *Being polite* Maybe you misunderstood my previous post. In the first paragraph I told you to talk to your parents. In the second I was talking about my budgets, nothing related to you. "Opposite of COD" means, I'm opposite of you. You have the money, but your parents disallow you to use em. My parents allow me, but I don't have the money. Get it? *Still being polite* Reputation/respect is vital, thus I'm saving mine.

Really? Then my bad... I'm so sorry!!! I just thought you said that I had financial issues... Stupid me! I Apologise like crazy! Oh yeah, I'm Indonesian, so I don't have that kind of English Language style. Once again: I'M SO SO SO SORRY!

Edited by C.O.D

• 2 weeks later...

i think they should make the map as large as they can with different cities, highway sytems that ar more real without cars crashing into out and actualy obaying traffic rules. and i keep saying this in alll the topics but i really really want the game to be about street racing, it would be the best plot, its actualy a masterbatable topic hehe :bleh:

• 2 months later...

5 or 6 cities, each at least twice the size of LS. and one of them to be almost as big as the whole San Andreas. (Mexico City) It should be about 20 miles from one edge to the other. In San Andreas it's "just" over 4 miles. The game should take place some place in Latin America. Maybe have some border to the US too.

If you really fancy street racing. There is Need For Speed. Grand Theft Auto is generally about all sorts of criminal activities.

I agree. This isn't Fast and the Furious. Even though, I wouldn't mind a small street racing feature that allows you to pull up next to sports cars and beep a few times to race. My form of street racing is pulling up next to a car and shooting them a few times. :)

Back to the topic;

6 cities the size of Los Santos or bigger would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't vote in the poll because I don't think that the topic starter put enough options. For example I think that GTA 4 will be the size of San Andreas or maybe even smaller. GTA4 will contain a whole lot more details, interactive stuff, probably more enterable buildings, and Sam Houser said that their goal is to make a city where it doesn't get boring and different things keep on happening. So in my opinion GTA 4 will be about the size of San Andreas, but that's just me so don't start attacking me for my opinion. Here:

"Rockstar North is creating a specialized game engine for PS3 that will bring GTA 4 to life to a degree that PS2 games could only hint at. Specifically, they're going to be using the high data transfer bandwidth of the Cell CPU, RSX GPU, and Blu-ray Disc to use several streams of game info simultaneously. The game's city - unfortunately yet to be even hinted at - will still be free roaming and seamless, but broken down into smaller, more deatailed areas at the engine level, into which the game designers are going to be able to pour more textures, more oject variety, and tons of details (such as discareded soda cans with their own physics), just for starters. The goal is a city that's less repetitive and where everything - and everyone - looks and acts more like they would in the real world on every level."-- PSM Magazine USA, November 2005
Edited by viniciusdcs

Two huge cities sounds nice, but a few different sized cities sounds better. Whatever the decision is make sure there are plenty of different ways of getting to and from each city and lots of things to do on the way. One thing i found in SA was how boring it was sometimes if i wanted something from a city and had to drive, fly or whatever for 10 mins to get there. Most of all when in the middle of nowhere I stuff up flip the car and have to jog for 20 mins to find a new car.