The Police Chases in GTA is Not Intense

C.O.D

I think, that Grand Theft Auto's police chases are just not that intense. Have you played NFS:MW? It's really-really different. I expect in future GTAs to use sound effects when we are 'in-pursuit' of the police. Like some big-bass-BANG sound which pounds our heart. (I dont know, maybe this should be in the Wishlist..)

What do you guys think?

But in Most Wanted your car never totals. In GTA after some hard bumps you have to run on foot and get in another vehicle, but I'm still supporting for a more intense Police Chase feature in upcoming GTAs... Because it's still too easy to escape.

P.S: Yes, this should be on the wishlist, lol.

To me, police pursuits in SA are kinda' gay unless you have 6 stars wanted level. I really hope they'll get much more like the ones in Most Wanted, but I'm not so sure about it. Because I think that guys in R* won't make GTA look like NFS, dumb cops have always been in any GTA, starting from GTA1.

And also, like Eddie said, your car never totals in MW. I agree that it wouldn't be fun to play MW with car that takes damage because you would lose very quickly and you wouldn't be able to total cops's vehicles like SUVs. But I'd like to see vehicles in GTA more endurable when taking damage. Because you could destroy a car by simply scratching it's doors!

Noone said that the vehicles had to be like that. The chat is about chases. But the chases are made supermoronic by the police heli. Isn't there a mod where you can remove the heli or something? I so hate the heli - it can go everywhere! And MW chasing style pwns all in-pursuit styles ever made in games i think

Yeah, it was much-much moreeeeee thrilling. I think we should get real 'good' penalty when we're busted. So its not that WE LOOK for the police trouble, its the POLICE who should try to look for us.

The penalty... Like maybe lose ALL (maybe half) of our money. And (this is pretty lame) get a real-time suspension (like 2 day no GTA playing, by I dont know, digital chips)...

It's all about the penalties.

2 day no GTA? That seriously sucks and i hate til end of my life! Lol just kidding. But the idea still sucks way hard =P I think there should be a thingy that u cant reload the game when ur busted. I mean to not esc to main menu and then load game =P

GTA is not a race game, its a game that has a bit of everything. Its got racing, shooting, killing, flying, sport, sex, fashion, gangs, storyline, action, adventure.. the list goes on.

One thing we do know about multi-tasking applications is that they rarely do the best of each individual thing, but together make a better option than lots of little programs.

Microsoft Works has a crap version of each application (word processing, spreadsheet etc) but is a nifty little app in itself. All round cars may not look as good or be as fast as or have as much space as some, but they aren't bad.

San Andreas doesn't have the most precise shooting ranges, or the most thrilling car chases, or the most realistic textures, or the most accurate vehicles, or the most involving storyline, but hey, it aint half bad.

One thing we do know about multi-tasking applications is that they rarely do the best of each individual thing, but together make a better option than lots of little programs.

Totaly agree.

However, they should do something about police chases and shooting in the game. Just think of Mafia. You could AIM with a gun when driving and with a machine gun or rifle when somebody else was driving. That was one thing that made cop chases intensive. The second was less cop but with better AI, so you couldn't get rid of them so quickly. Not that I'm saying that chases in Mafia were great, but some of the features should be in next GTA. It was pretty effective doing drive-by with a bike while being chased by a police, but it was damn hard and un-effective to do that with a car or any other vehicle.

Man... Whatchoo gonna do with the pics?

Anyway:

The roadblocks in GTAIII was much tougher. They had almost all of the road covered up. We also need better looking gores so we could get 'scared'. Like you know, (instead of 'disappearing' heads) blowing up body parts using the shotgun.