Ultimate GTA4 Poll

Gerard

Ultimate GTA4 Poll  

324 members have voted

1. 1. What theme should the next GTA have to it?

• Mafia
    • Drugs
    • Business + Fraud
  2. 2. How should the next GTA's story be managed?

• One character, you control him/her forever (like CJ, Tommy V)
    • Multiple characters at different points, each interlinking
  3. 3. Which City/Cities/Area should GTA4 be based on/around?

• Just in New York (as in the trailer)
    • In New York... and London
    • In New York... and somewhere else

You get a lot for your money with GTA games - you get a racing game, 3rd Person Shooter, Roleplaying game, flight simulator, shooting game, arcade games, lifestyle, fashion, cars etc etc etc

It can't do ALL of these things to the best of their potential. NFS is always gonna have better races, PGR will always have better quality vehicle graphics, The Sims will always have more lifelike activities. The list goes on.

The thing with GTA is that it DOES have a little bit of everything, and there is simply so much to do. I know loads of people that play GTA regularly, and do different things each time. One time I might be in a cop chase, the next shooting people, the next leisurely driving around the countryside. With other games, you don't get that level of choice and freedom. We used to have to do one thing in one game, then play a different game to have a different experience. GTA offers that all in one.

sims=crap, gta=cool

QED

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You get a lot for your money with GTA games - you get a racing game, 3rd Person Shooter, Roleplaying game, flight simulator, shooting game, arcade games, lifestyle, fashion, cars etc etc etc

It can't do ALL of these things to the best of their potential. NFS is always gonna have better races, PGR will always have better quality vehicle graphics, The Sims will always have more lifelike activities. The list goes on.

The thing with GTA is that it DOES have a little bit of everything, and there is simply so much to do. I know loads of people that play GTA regularly, and do different things each time. One time I might be in a cop chase, the next shooting people, the next leisurely driving around the countryside. With other games, you don't get that level of choice and freedom. We used to have to do one thing in one game, then play a different game to have a different experience. GTA offers that all in one.

sims=crap, gta=cool

QED

QED, indeed. True that GTA does include many different genres, the main one is Action/Adventure Shooter. GTA is a truly fun experience, and I still play every game in the series quite often. But, you can't compare GTA and a Sims game. It wouldn't be fair. It's like comparing Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Half-Life 2. Both great games, but it’s not fair to compare them because of the genre difference. Everyone has their opinion of what games are good and what games aren't.

I like the Sims games and GTA games.

• 2 weeks later...

Come on guys, you all really know, deep in your heart that GTA San Andreas is the best games of all time right? Look at the games that are trying to compete with the GTA games. We've got True Crime: Streets of LA and New York, Driver 1, 2, Driv3r and Parallel Lines (I must say that Parallel lines does have amazing Graphics and gameplay but lacks the features as san andreas) and in the near future there might be other GTA copycats and won't have the benefits as GTA San Andreas. Look at True Crime New York city for instance, based on Manhattan, too many damned glitches and the game crashes reguarlarly, try to enter New jersey or Queens and you'll re-spawn where you were, horrible stunts which doesnt give the proper effects. The first one was really awful, the cars looked crap, Nick kang says the stupidest things as if he were in a speech class and go to the end of the Highway, you'll have to turn back, right? Now onto Driv3r, you know the rest about this game, tanner walking like a girl, the controls were so shit, honestly but, but, the graphics were ok and the gameplay was shit too. Now who was going on about the sims, can you drive in the sims, I have sims 2 on my N70 and it's just as good as the ps2 and GBA version, what I don't understand is that you have to take your player to the bogs every now and then (To the Americans on this site, Bogs is the slang word of toilet, or your case, bathroom whereas bathroom means going to have bath in the bathroom) anyways, the the player in the GTA games doesnt have too and plus you don't have to go through all the trouble to go to the toilet. Halo games are a bag of crap, under-rated and whatever you wanna think about this game, all in all, GTA rocks and San Andreas is the BEST, yes BEST game in the whole universe and I don't care what you GTA haters think, there's no whomis going to stop me from enjoying this best game!!!! That's all, I rest my case!

Edited by Kray Z

I went with 'Completely made-up City etc', though I hope they make a Liberty City like city in GTA4 (ie, Same atmosphere as GTA3).

As for the 'Theme', I went with the 'Mafia/Gangster' option.

For the character, I chose the 'Make your own character' ala the original GTA games. Personally, I think they should do something similar to the Smackdown VS Raw 2006 Create-A-Wrestler mode. This would mean choosing gender, then having a choice of about four or five different voices for each gender. Then you can do skin colour/ethnicity, height, etc, then choose a 'Standard' outfit and Hairstyle while leaving stuff like Muscle, other clothes etc to the game itself.

Edited by The Professional

I think you should be able to build your own character and you start out with a mission in the beginning, then there is like a certain decision u have to make in that mission that changes the storyline in GTA4, for example you could get ur self jumped into Grove Street or the Ballas or South side hoods,, or you could take a different approach and join a mafia family or a yakuza gang...this would be really awesome for online play

PS: you also start out in a certain city (you pick in the beginningof the game) and you can travel to different citys as you please and find new missions..i think with xbox live there should be new missions coming in for w/e destiny you chose (kind of like World of Warcraft) and with online play every dicision you make affects eveyr other player

Edited by SoLo

I'm hoping it will be something completely different this time. Perhaps something that will be excited and yet surprising.

"New" is what we need.

I agree. I thought it would be cool if GTA 4 took place in a futuristic setting or city. Not anything like GTA2, but more reminiscent of the city in the movie The Fifth Element ( In know it was a shitty movie, but stick with me on this one) with hovering cars, super tall buildings, all of which would be accessible, and different tiers of walk ways and such. I think it would really be something new and revolutionary much the way GTA III was revolutionary when it first came out. The possibilities for interaction with the different people (perhaps some aliens, or perhaps not), new weapons, vehicles other than just cars and airplanes, and maybe just some totally new shit that they come up with for the game that would only make sense in a futuristic setting, would be endless.

Not too bad, but a couple of things I'd like to counter.

Call me old fashioned, but Grand Theft Auto is primarily about cars. Good old fashioned land-based cars with wheels. Walking is allowed, and other vehicles such as planes, bikes and helicopters have been slowly introduced.

For your argument, hovercars (and some say spacecraft) is just another step in the same direction. I am a bit of a sci-fi fan myself, I do like a bit of the old Star Trek or Stargate SG-1 occasionally, and I agree that there isn't enough of this large-scale futuristic stuff in games.

However, is GTA really the right game to do this in? Perhaps a new series that is based in space with spacecraft, space stations and aliens is what is needed.

My concern is that if GTAIV did go in that direction, we'd lose a lot of the freedom of the game and gain too much at the same time. If you've got the Hydra in San Andreas, and you just go around everywhere in that, it kinda spoils it. If it was all air/space-based with elevated walkways and flying cars, there would be no more mountains, no more roads, no more houses, no more trucks, no more airports, nothing that we've come to expect in a GTA game.

I actually would quite enjoy it if we had one futuristic GTA game, I reckon it'd be quite fun. But would people expect to go back to the old format? If they changed they wouldn't go back. GTA would become a space game, with its older versions being land-based. I don't think it's time to end the series, but maybe a new one would be good too.

-USA because thats where most crimes take place. Any why da gently caress would you want to be on other planets? This aint no Star Wars

-Mafia becuase in SA, all I ever hear in the dialogue was "homie, dawg, gangsta, G and pimpmobile" It was really retarded and it got you nowhere. Mafia theme becuase GTA3 used it and it was a really good theme.

-One character just becuase.

Not too bad, but a couple of things I'd like to counter.

Call me old fashioned, but Grand Theft Auto is primarily about cars. Good old fashioned land-based cars with wheels. Walking is allowed, and other vehicles such as planes, bikes and helicopters have been slowly introduced.

For your argument, hovercars (and some say spacecraft) is just another step in the same direction. I am a bit of a sci-fi fan myself, I do like a bit of the old Star Trek or Stargate SG-1 occasionally, and I agree that there isn't enough of this large-scale futuristic stuff in games.

However, is GTA really the right game to do this in? Perhaps a new series that is based in space with spacecraft, space stations and aliens is what is needed.

My concern is that if GTAIV did go in that direction, we'd lose a lot of the freedom of the game and gain too much at the same time. If you've got the Hydra in San Andreas, and you just go around everywhere in that, it kinda spoils it. If it was all air/space-based with elevated walkways and flying cars, there would be no more mountains, no more roads, no more houses, no more trucks, no more airports, nothing that we've come to expect in a GTA game.

I actually would quite enjoy it if we had one futuristic GTA game, I reckon it'd be quite fun. But would people expect to go back to the old format? If they changed they wouldn't go back. GTA would become a space game, with its older versions being land-based. I don't think it's time to end the series, but maybe a new one would be good too.

Very true. Having a modded hover craft just wouldn't be the same as having a souped up 60's muscle car and it would take much of the allure away from gaining access to other vehicles such as airplanes and boats.

I still think it would be pretty cool though. Especially if they modeled the flying cars after 60's muscle cars and perhaps some late 20th century sports cars.

Either way, the new GTA will kick major ass no matter what they decide to do with it. I can't wait until 2007.

Am I the only person that wants to be able to walk the dog, get married, get a legal job and help the landlady carrying out the trash. Oh wait I voted for mafia, must be someone else then.

Seriously though, if they make it a customise your character game I'll seriously consider not buying it

• 3 weeks later...
Am I the only person that wants to be able to walk the dog, get married, get a legal job and help the landlady carrying out the trash. Oh wait I voted for mafia, must be someone else then.

Seriously though, if they make it a customise your character game I'll seriously consider not buying it

Yeah, San Andreas was enough with all the different and unique things you can get like tatoos, haircut, clothes, etc... They should just keep that and maybe expand it a little with some more stuff and features (and changing clothes should be much faster than waiting 20 seconds. I just want one character that you are given and the same old thing R* has been doing for the past 9 years.

• 2 weeks later...

why isnt ther one for One character throught many years??? and why doesnt everyone just have the whole world. if so many plp had the US why didnt they say the whole world. cuz there NOT gunna just do US. and if u wanted US just do the whole world?

yeah no custom character. it schould be a past character like toreno through the years. make him seem young tho cuz u never relaly new how old he was in SA.

and yeah maybe toreno could be in some crazy cutthroat gang that trains them like suPEER! much. and then it would be the ultimate tilly game.

The entire world? I mean it is possible that they do a mini-scale version of the world, with one city from each big country and a small town/village/countryside for each little country.

I reckon that would be alright, but then you lose the chance to have a recurring theme and vast expanses. But absolutely no chance of having a full-scale country never mind the entire world.

Hey, it's taken God 4.5 billion years to get this far, and Rockstar only have about a year left. Let's see if they can do it faster.

POLL RESULTS SO FAR

Theme: 1) Mafia 2) Business 3) Gangsta

Character: 1) Design 2) No Choice 3) Different Storylines

I'm now removing some of the less-voted options, to make this a bit of a tighter race. Might have a head-to-head soon too.

Hello..ppl

Lets not forget that the last 3 gta´s were based in cities that "existed" in gta 1 Liberty City,Vice City and San Andreas. I´ve never played gta 2 or gta london but if there is new cities in this games they will be developed in new gta´s.....

I chose Europe, business and 'make ur own character'

Europe becuz the previous games were in USA, so it would really be kinda unfair if there wasnt any in Europe

Business: I was actually thinking of 90% business, 10% mafia

ur own character: Actually, u cant choose character, but u start with 1 of them and play with more of them through the game, and u can only choose with which 1 u will play AFTER u've completed the storyline