Nintendo Wii

Gerard

Nintendo have signed away their right to life. They have announced that their new console, previously codenamed Revolution, will be formally known as the Wii.

Introducing Wii.

As in "we."

While the code-name "Revolution" expressed our direction, Wii

represents the answer.

Wii will break down that wall that separates video game players from everybody else.

Wii will put people more in touch with their games ... and each other. But you're probably asking:

What does the name mean?

Wii sounds like "we," which emphasizes this console is for everyone.

Wii can easily be remembered by people around the world, no matter what language they speak.

No confusion. No need to abbreviate. Just Wii.

Wii has a distinctive "ii" spelling that symbolizes both the unique controllers and the image of people gathering to play.

And Wii, as a name and a console, brings something revolutionary to the world of video games that sets it apart from the crowd.

So that's Wii. But now Nintendo needs you. Because, it's really not about you or me. It's about Wii. And together, Wii will change everything.

I don't like it.

The name really doesn't sound like a games console. It isnt even a word, just a sound. Its a pronoun in English, 'yes' in French, and probably something abusive in Japanese.

The Nintendo Revolution fitted perfectly. It was a vision, it needs no explanation, could be affectionately abbreviated to Revo by its friends, and sounded cool. Wii is just.. awful

Isn't gonna help Nintendo shake off that Kiddie image I tell you.

Nintendo Wii Jokes:

You've got to be kiddng Mii

Mummy, I need a Wii Wii

Now I can play with my Wii all night long.

Will we be able to connect our Wiis to someone else's Wii using wifi?

You want a Wii? Oui? Non!

Nintendo: "We are loweing the price of Wii..."

Suddenly that sex toy controller makes so much sense...

I agree, that is stupid. I've never really liked Nintendo, though, to be honest - and don't plan on getting any future gaming consoles with their logo placed on it, especially not a something as stupid sounding as "Wii." :cigar:

Edited by Mashanta

Oddly though, Wii has only got a next to it, but it hasn't got a registered trademark next to it, ®. Nintendo normally would do that with their console names, and funnily enough E3 is just over two weeks away. Hmmm....

Edited by Skimmer

• 2 weeks later...