OMG HELP HELP HELP

hohmann

Hi, i just bought GTA:SA rite, and liek afta i install it it comes up with an error saying "gta_sa.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." and i was liek wtf and all, ive reinstalled twice but still no worky worky wtf is going on here?

Thats all fine.

I presume you haven't tried to install any mods, or had it installed previously. I also assume the installation went fine, with no errors.

If you have Windows XP Pro (I don't think this will work on XP Home) then do this to find out what's wrong:

1) Go Start, click Run, type "eventvwr.msc" and click OK

2) That will bring up the Event Viewer

3) Double click on "Application"

4) You will see all your computer's errors

5) If you see one of the list has the error icon, double click on it, and see if it says anything about gtasa.exe. If it doesn't go to step 6.

6) Double click on the top one in the list if they're all the i bubble, and press the big down arrow until the big grey box says something about gtasa.exe

7) If you find the exact error that gtasa.exe had, copy everything that is in the grey box, and post it on here. That should tell us exactly what's going wrong when it dies.

Wow, somebody actually managed to follow my instructions :P

Not sure how good "version 0.0.0.0" is for the application though. Check that the files actually copied into the c:\program files\rockstar games folder properly, and that the DVD isn't scratched etc etc

Other than that, I'll have to ask some other members to help out. Sorry I couldn't help, but there's a lot of information there for us to go on.

hmm ok, version 0.0.0.0 aye... maybe ill try fownload that update and see if it works then, but if it doesnt, ill post

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

nah fella's update wont install so i take it that it musnt be the problem

CAN ANYONE OUT THERE HELP MEE?????

WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT I FIXED IT WOOHOO lol, i read that error paragraph that i posted on the forum and it read "faulting module gta_sa.exe" and i was like holy shit, that the executable file to start it, so anyway i downloaded a v1 no cd patch and replaced the new nocd exe with the old one and it now works

WOOHOO