Going to Europe

Chris

My Dad and I are thinking of going to somewhere in Europe at the end of May or June and we were wondering what city to go to. And we're on a low budget too.

I originally said Prague in the Czech Republic because Neil from GTAPSP went there and it was pretty good and the hotel looked nice and stuff, although at the end of May there's a Gypsy festival going on there and to be honest I don't want to get caught up in that...lol

Another suggestion was Rome, lots of stuff to see there, and also I love Italian food so I would not be at all apprehensive about eating there, as I'm quite a fussy eater and I've no idea what Czech food is like... hehe...

Amsterdam in the Netherlands was another choice, except it's full of prostitutes, weed, clogs, windmills and tulips, OK so that's completely sterotypical, but it is true (ask Dennis).

Then my Dad suggested Bucharest and I thought yeah that would be good because then I could go and meet up with Claudia which would most likely be awesome and stuff :)

But anyway do you Europeans have any other suggestions for decent cities to go and visit. We will most likely avoid any Scandinavian countries though because they're so expensive, and really cold.

Well if all you want is a nice hotel, and don't want the culture, don't bother.

Go somewhere hot if you want that, like Italy.

Go somewhere with nice countryside, like Italy.

Go somewhere with nice food, like Italy.

Go somewhere with a rich yet not too invasive culture, like Italy.

Claudia can come to YOU, why should you go to her?

WTF, Italy has a very invasive culture. Yes the other things you said are true. But one of my friends went there and started kicking a football around with a couple of his mates, and then like 20 minutes later theres about 30 people there all trying to join in.

Everything there is communal it seems.

Also I'm not going out to Bucharest specially to meet Claudia, what a stupid comment, it would be a bonus that's all.

Anyway can some proper Europeans please post I need some ideas thanks.

If I have to say my opinion, I would say Vienna is a great place to visit. There are many beautiful landmarks, and most important..The Prater:

ik0830.JPG

I donno much about the prices, I visited a long time ago, but I know the citizens are not as friendly as they could be with the tourists..I donno..maybe they've changed :lol: or I haven't been so lucky :weird:

I'm not European but perhaps Paris, France. Great food and (I've heard) a great culture.

Italy is a good choice, I'd see about Rome, Venice, and Florence.

How about Greece?

I plan on someday visiting England, France, and Germany.

Don't take my word on what I've said, I've never been to Europe and I am only going by what I've heard.

Slayer what's Croatia like. The only city I've heard of is Zagreb, because of the football team. I won't be going to Croatia though, it will be one of the four cities I mentioned above.

If you're asking for a summer holiday, I can't compare it with any other country because I've always spent a summer here. I have a house by the seaside that's about 350km away from Zagreb (that's about 3 hours if you take highway), so basically, there's no reason to go somewhere else, and it's much cheaper if you don't have to hire a room.

If you ask about my experience, it's great if you can stay longer. The weather is ussually sunny and hot (except last year, 2005. sucked ass, it rained half of the holiday), the water is clean and warm, etc. etc.

I like it, but as I said, I really can't compare it with a summer holiday in any other country. Maybe wheelman can tell you more about his experience.

I'm back! (for 5 minutes) I think you should go to Rome or something, there's a lot to see there and usual it has nice weather.

AND there are nice cars in Italy :D

if you go to italie just for the cars i would say you're cracy bt that's my opinion.

im going to almost all of the cities in Croatia,and chris its really nice there right now,but like 8 years ago there was a really bad war against "Serbia" and "croatia" :thumbsdown: .but now its awesome(you can find lots of WW2 stuff there :coolthumbup:

It's 11 years, actually. The war lasted form 1991.-1995.

Anyway, make sure that you tell me if you're coming to Zagreb.