Licensed Cars?

They dont have licensed cars because the car companies dont like to see thier cars getting smashed up (thats why licensed car racing games dont have damage models) So GTA could have licensed cars anytime they want, its just that you'll have to give up dammage models

If they took out the dammage models it would totally suck since it's called Grand Theft Auto and you have to steal cars it would be weird not being able to destroy your stolen cars! I am not really upset with the cars because I usually can tell what type of car it based on but it would be cool to have cars that we all know from real life in the game.But that's why we have our modders. :D

Even if they put licensed cars...we would claim the cars were ugly and undetailled...and they wouldn't put cars with much detail (polys&verts) because the game must run in the most large amount of computers, and the most specs...for that, the cars just can't be very detailled. I Mean, just try to put all cars u can find on the net, into the game, and then run the game with a 128 mbs video card...u'll see what im talking about.

Personally, I don't really see the point of putting real life cars in the game. Aside from the issue of 'they wouldn't be allowed to have damage physics', I really don't see what the difference between flying an Apache AH-64 Attack Helicopter and a 'Hunter' would be.

Add to that the fact that the made up vehicles only add to the GTA world which, by nature, is made up. If the cities/states are made up, the characters are made up and the radio stations are made up, then so should the vehicles.

Yeah, no need to bother about licenses, all they have to do is copy the car and name it different. There is no chance they'll get a single license, and cars are usually very similar to their real-life counterparts. So if you want to get a feeling of licensed cars, just get a real car names mod.

There is no chance they'll get a single license

Actually I think you'd find they could get quite a few licensed cars with damage, it just wouldn't be economic or in line with the way the GTA series is. Look at enthusia for example

I think I would preffer real life cars, but it wont happen because

car companies would not want it in the game, because youu steal it, blow it up and all that.

Rockstar is not willing to spend a lot of money into that, they can just make the gameplay better instead of getting real life cars. And the cars that R* makes is already awesome in my opinion.

real cars can have damage physics in vidiogames. in need4speed there are damage physics on every car.

Ah, if you think of those crappy damage models in NFS, those were just a few textures, bu no real damage.

See, the car manufacturers don't want their vehicles in any kind of criminal activities (although NFS Most Wanted was one, but EA probably has a long term contract, those cars were in 9 NFS series), especially things like stealing cars, blowing them up, transporting bodies, running over people, carrying drugs...

• 4 weeks later...