The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay

C.O.D

THE CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK: ESCAPE FROM BUTCHER BAY

the-chronicles-of-riddick-escape-from-butcher-bay.jpg

I'm sure that some of you folks know a serie of movies called 'The Chronicles of Riddick' and 'Pitch Black'. It stars Vin Diesel as one of the most wanted criminals in this whole universe. It's a science-fiction horror by the way.

There is a game, developed by a 'low-profile' company called Starbreeze. That goes by the same title. The graphics are as great as DoomIII's, only it's 'lighter'. This is one of the few games that innovatively (and successfully) combine RPG, stelath, and FPS.

The game was not so popular, since there were little news on the game, plus the world was busy with Half-Life 2 and HALO 2 at the time the game was released.

Anybody of you guys have heard/own/play/want-to-play this game?

I recommend you that you should. Every reviews I read on this game says 'One of The Best Games of The Year' or 'Editor's Choice'. I'm going to buy the game later on, but I must ask you people who are technicians, can my old computer play it with a satisfactory frame rate per-second (FPS)???

- NVidia GeForce FX 6500 128.0MB VRAM

- 1.0GB of RAM

- 80 GB of HDD

- Pentium 4 ASUS 2.66GHz

Nah, I see no reason why it wouldn't work. You won't get the best results obviously with the old graphics card and mid-range CPU, but you'll be able to play.

You have a gig of RAM, that'll do you for running it. Just for speed you'll need a better CPU, and for better/bigger/higher quality graphics you'll need a bigger and better card - a 256mb would be fine, but a 512mb would be preferred (and last longer).

Hey your specs are better than mine anyway :D

Yeah, I upgraded it. But my dad traded it with the one on his office (the one I'm using now). He's a computer consultant at IBM Indonesia.

Oh yeah, is there any possibilties that I could add some VRAMs to the 128.0MB? Like umm you know, buy another stick of 128.0MBs and add it on?

EDIT:

Oh, and umm... The GameSpot reviews recommends that I use a GeForce FX 5900 128MB and a 512MB of RAM. So if I use a GeForce FX 6500 128.0mb and 1GB of RAM, I think I could get high details (but mid-range resolutions), the dynamic lighting stuffs...

Edited by C.O.D