GTA IV Online !?

SoLo

Man i am so excited for Gta IV. But i am even more excited for Gta IV ONLINE. thats right! gta 4 is gonna be online. In an interview with Sam Houser ( President of rockstar games) sam said that in his next gen GTA game he would like to make it an everquest-tpye of online play...What do u guys think about this!!? =?

If R* do to GTA IV what Kojima did to Metal Gear Ac!d and Metal Gear Ac!d 2, I will take a leaf out of Tommy Vercetti's book and ram a rocket up each and every one of R*'s staff's ass(es?). They can't just go around changing GTA into an RPG. GTA will be GTA. Can you imagine people going: "Did you know that my *Insert GTA IV Protagonist Here* is a level 999, has a mana of 100000, hit points of 100000 and has just upgraded to a level 50 Rocket Launcher!"

Lol :D

I'm sure that GTA will not turn into a MMORPG. It'll still remain TPS, but probably with deathmatches/races via internet or LAN.

I'd like to see capture the flag feature in the next GTA. But this time flags could be various items that you carry in your inventory.

If R* do to GTA IV what Kojima did to Metal Gear Ac!d and Metal Gear Ac!d 2, I will take a leaf out of Tommy Vercetti's book and ram a rocket up each and every one of R*'s staff's ass(es?). They can't just go around changing GTA into an RPG. GTA will be GTA. Can you imagine people going: "Did you know that my *Insert GTA IV Protagonist Here* is a level 999, has a mana of 100000, hit points of 100000 and has just upgraded to a level 50 Rocket Launcher!"

Lmao JD i am not talking about Diablo2 style Rpg....im talking more of like an open living breathing continent of citys...and people will be able to play in it.....its kind of like 2 player San Andreas Except with way more people in it and maybe you would be able to create gangs and stuff (Etc. "Goterelli" family mafia, "Purple" street Ballas, "Xing Wang" Yakuza...) and you cud choose your character clothes/race/hair...Do you guys understand what im talking about? :cigar:

I agree man. Thats why a lot of people said SA was crap because they tried to get so much crap into SA. There was all this bullshit like muscle, fat, "gun name" skill, driving skill, flying skill. Man gently caress all that gay ass bullshit, I just want a GTA like Vice City. Sam Houser can go to the World of Warcraft team if he want to frolicking make an RPG so frolicking badly instead of trying the make GTA have an idenity crisis, weapther its an action game or an RPG.

I think there'll be an online feature. I've read somewhere that R* is hiring network programers, so that could mean that next GTA will support online/LAN features.

That isn't what a network programmer does. It is for their office networks. As in, PC networks and such. Not network gaming.

Third Person Shooter is 3PS not TPS.

I think an Online GTA would be alright, and a lot of people would like it. Maybe I'm just antisocial but I prefer going it alone. Doubt other people would join in with what I do ingame.

Then First Person Shooter is 1PS.

Well, I suppose I exaggerated a bit. I'm gonna stick with Gerard though. I don't think other people want to see what I do in - game.

I don't want to know what neither you nor Zino do in game, then......

Basicly what i am saying is that i think GTA IV will support a MTA type of gameplay with some RPG elements in it (choose what your character looks like, character name, city you start out in, etc.)

If R* are gonna make GTA IV have elements of MTA, IJs will be done for. Tha being said, I wouldn't mind having the PSP style multiplayer stuff for GTA IV. I really liked the different modes other than deathmatch and race like Steal The Stretch. Good Fun!

Personally, I like thinking out of the box. But in this case, Sam Houser is out of his mind. What guy in his right frame of mind would give up GTA for an RPG of all things?

*Braces for impact of inevitable flames from RPG Fanboys... and girls*

• 1 month later...

I would like it online with groups you create a organization with.

You could get the real sense of paranoia. People would try to kill you to

become head you would have to pay people. Some real stuff. Watch out for other gangs trying to kill or ambush you. If you die you loose ranking according to the way you died. If your own gang member kills you, you loose contact w/ persons and get chance to deal revenge. In a failed attempt you get placed back at civilian rank. Or if you been thier long and die by own retire and help who you want as a consigliere become hitman, work for military, bomb expert, etc. Many possibilties.