World Cup 2006 Thread

Chris

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2006-1966 = er 40 yeah he's right!

Sorry bit of a janitor moment.

I think we should start up betting on the winner out of forum money. My money is on iran purely because the odds would mean I'd have more money than god here if they won

I'm keeping a close eye on Group G, hoping France would advance (I've always been behind Thierry Henry), too bad they're not doing as well as they used to.

I have a feeling that England is going to win 2-0 in their next game :thumbsup:

How did you get to 2-0? Rooney's getting back so that should be a big step forward for the team...

Argentina will win the cup if not Brazil. But I have doubts for Brazil, since they thingk Ronaldo is too fat. Yup, too fat. And, look at their victory against Serbia and Montenegro 6-0! WOOOHOO!

Glory, Glory, Argentina....

Not if Mexico beat them (yeah right, not even I think that is possible lol).

Portugal is playing against the Netherlands, that means that the dutch can say :hi:

I'd say it's the other way round actually, I don't think Portugal will be able to do enough to beat the Dutch.

Anyway did anyone see Australia v Croatia tonight? that was an amazing match, the 2nd half in particular. And Graham Poll the referee, wtf was he on? Simunic ended up getting 3 yellow cards when he should have gone off after the second. Mr. Poll didn't realise, what a fool.. lol

Anyway did anyone see Australia v Croatia tonight? that was an amazing match, the 2nd half in particular. And Graham Poll the referee, wtf was he on? Simunic ended up getting 3 yellow cards when he should have gone off after the second. Mr. Poll didn't realise, what a fool.. lol

The main problem about my team was their tactics after they've scored a goal. They've scored it too early (2nd minute) and then suddenly retreated instead of attacking again. When Australia scored their goal, they had to chase the result again, so scored a goal, but of course, made the same mistake again. And finally, payback time came, and Australia scored for 2:2. Since we needed to win against Australia, we go home.

Sad. We haven't made it to the 2nd round since 1998 in France, when we won bronze. After that, the team split up and new players came, the coach has also quit (but later became the president of the Croatian Football Association) , and everything fell apart.

Oh well, we would be forgotten anyway.

If we looked how Croatian team played badly against Japan and Australia, they don't deserve to go forward.

And about that red card. The referee has showed him the 2nd yellow card, but not the red card that he showed him after the game. But it doesn't make any difference now, does it?