Am I doing something wrong? (stunting newbie)

vmaranise

I recently got into stunting after I saw a vid on youtube (Wipeout) and searched the internet to see if I could find some tutorials. I found this place, and then found Fugitive's guide, which I promptly downloaded and watched. It was very helpful, but I'm still having some trouble with basic stuff, such as bumps.

For example, if there's a place I want to bump, it may take me 10 tries before I finally get it right. Is this common, or do I just need to practice more? Should I be going as fast as possible, or slow, and how far back does my wheelie need to be? I usually keep it at about a 45 degree angle, and it works sometimes, and sometimes it doesn't.

At first stunting takes a lot of repetition luck and practice.

You get better later on and can judge how you need to go about doing a stunt merely from looking at it. So anyway just try doing lots of varied stunts to get a feel for it, whatever you feel most comfortable with and gives you the best results. Personally my bikes wheelie at about 75 degrees

• 2 months later...

Cruise, and look out for ANYTHING that looks like it could be fun. If you do something and it turns out stupid, so what? Atleast you found out whether or not it would be a good stunt. If you mess up, just go back and try it again. Don't obsess over ONE type of "stunt" until you get it perfect. Just mess around and have fun, THEN you'll get the hang of controlling your vehicle, and how much speed certain stunts need, and stuff like that.

Don't get worked up with it, just have fun. It will end up coming naturally.

Speed is good for ramps, but not for bumps. Too much speed will end up in falling or sometimes not getting enogh height. You'll have to find optimal speed for each bump. Ramps are much more simple, just get as much speed as possible. Some lower bumps gain more benefits from hitting them with the front wheel, higher do however with back wheel. Also try shooting when hitting a bump. It reduces yor chances of falling off the bike when bumping.

you must be going fast to get proper height ont he bump but not TOO faast becuz u need to be able to pull up the wheelie last second what i like to do and i learned this from nitzkit about all the gta is dont hold the hole wheelie pull it up last second so the front tire bottom JUST grazes the of the ledge if its a low bump, if its a high bump u have to hold the wheelie cuz u need to get high and lots o speeed so ur licsense plate taps the ledge richocheting u skyward if its a double bump u need to do the same this if ts a drop bump u need no wheelie just hit the corner right. to rocket u so it relly depends ont he kind of bump it can be p2b too or it can just be unbumpable!

Slayer, you're wrong about the bumps. For better bumps, you need a high speed, and you need the front wheel to touch the top of the ledge first.

I updated my post, check it, it's much better:

http://www.thegtaplace.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4956

For stunt vids and stunting stuff go to http://www.gtastunting.com/forums

Edited by Fugitive

Stunting on the airport ramp things is easy and fun especially in a bullet. I can get perfect 360s nearly every time. Currently doing it on sa-mp and have a video of 5 people doing the same stunt in a row, looks amazing all done perfectly so you just see the five people driving towards you then flipping one after the other

Dunno what Blackout is but yes there will be planes in there, things like two hydras flying one above the other, with the top one upside down. Like in Top Gun. Also going to try some stunts with exploding vehicles, which is very easy to do if you know how. I can now flip a bullet through full 360 frontal flip off an exploding car. Only problem is most the time I die in the process :-/.

Dunno what Blackout is but yes there will be planes in there, things like two hydras flying one above the other, with the top one upside down. Like in Top Gun. Also going to try some stunts with exploding vehicles, which is very easy to do if you know how. I can now flip a bullet through full 360 frontal flip off an exploding car. Only problem is most the time I die in the process :-/.

OMFG! You dunno what Blackout is!?

See, that's because you've left this forum for a while.

Blackout - The TGTAP community vid. Well, it's more of a collab actually... :mellow:

Btw that stunts sound awesome. And very original too. But guys from GTAS would be bitching anyway, if you finish the vid and post it there.

I find bumping easy myself. I don't necessarilly get HUGE height all the time, but at least I bump in the air and I feel proud of myself :)

One time, I believe, I was in Las Venturas and I did a bump ontop of this building and i was like OMFG I DID IT W00T!... Then I tried again and I couldn't. I'm getting better at krails now ^_^

My BIGGEST problem is grinds... impossible O_O

Well, the point of the bump is to get high and do a kickass stunt where you land on top of a tallest building...

Yeah, grinds are hard. I suck at the too. But once I get the right angle and landing, and start grinding, there's nothing to stop me. (of course, I never get those two, so I never do grinds ^_^)

Stunting on the airport ramp things is easy and fun especially in a bullet. I can get perfect 360s nearly every time. Currently doing it on sa-mp and have a video of 5 people doing the same stunt in a row, looks amazing all done perfectly so you just see the five people driving towards you then flipping one after the other

PM me when it is released.

The hydra thing sounds easier in first-person..... Because that seems easier to do if the screen turns upside down with you.