chainsaw massacre

brady2

:bashhead: whats the trick to this mission? i've tried it several times, can't seem to pass!!!!

Personally i dont find the mission hard. By the time you read this you have probably already completed it and therefore its a waste of time. I equiped a shotgun and just held the unreliable autoaim function. when they came close I blew them away.

Here is the best way to tackle this pain in the rear of a mission. First I suggest you do the noodleboy missions on the scooter which is just outside chinatown. When you do these missions your health is then increased to 125%. Once that is done head on to the mission and on your way down to the freighter's hull there is corridors that branch off but don't go anywhere. There is a .357 pistol in the second corridor on the right and there some armour in the very last corridor on the left as you go down the stairs. Get both pick ups and then head down the stairs. Now you will need to keep your wits about you if you want to win this battle as you will contend with about 20 maniacs with chainsaws of which they will kill you with about 2 strikes if they get close enough. So I suggest using auto aim with the R1 button and shoot as many as you can before they appear onscreen. Now you will have the final battle with vincenzo himself and he is packing an SMG (possibly an ingram). Now how you kill him is entirely up to you. I used a shotgun to take him out which can be found on the jetty near the ferryport and there is a micro-uzi just north of the car-crusher between some huts behind some fence just incase you may need it :). Hope this mini-guide helps someone out along their way ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got the mission done. My trick was use the colt and shotgun. I started with the guy in the top left, then continued to the right, then down, left and up - I went in a circle so they were all following me. While running away, I'd jump to get more distance on them and turn around and kill one or two.

Vinnie was harder though, I took him down with the colt, threw a gernade at him and then continued with the shotgun.

• 1 month later...

With this mission and indeed the bonus slash TV that opens up once you complete, the best thing to do is shoot and move. Only take one shot. 2 at most. Use your shotgun or colt. Both will take them out with one shot. Don't be tempted to stay put and keep shooting, as on blast of a chainsaw will nearly kill you.

OK, so it may be slow and tedious, but well worth it.

Edited by nealmac