User radio station help

Why can't I listen to my shortcuts I put in the " User Tracks" folder, which is in the "GTA San Andreas User Files" folder?? Were is the GTA San Andreas User Files folder supposed to go anyway? When I installed the game it was in "C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator\My Documents", but once I followed the steps to put the music shortcuts in, it won't play my songs in the game, it just plays commercials!!?! How do I fix this problem?

Why can't I listen to my shortcuts I put in the " User Tracks" folder, which is in the "GTA San Andreas User Files" folder?? Were is the GTA San Andreas User Files folder supposed to go anyway? When I installed the game it was in "C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator\My Documents", but once I followed the steps to put the music shortcuts in, it won't play my songs in the game, it just plays commercials!!?! How do I fix this problem?

It sounds like San Andreas hasn't scanned for your new tracks. Go into audio options then user track options and scan for them manually.

The San Andreas user files are supposed to be in "My Documents".

yeah, it's still not working.... is "C:\My Documents" the location of the GTA San Andreas User Folder??

For Windows XP it should be at "C:\Documents and Settings\<your name here>\My Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files"

In the User Tracks folder you can either put shortcuts to the songs or the whole song (I personally use shortcuts to save space).

If you still can't get it to work, there's a guide here.

the guide said stuff that I already knew. But the questions helped in a way. There was one that said stuff about the game not accepting stuff from folders which have invalid characters.. but as the guy states, thi would noy be the cause if the saved games were corrupt.

Makoto Kino said:

"This may be an extension of the “invalid characters in windows XP login name” bug. If you have spaces, commas, or other punctuation in your Windows login name, it will simply refuse to read the files in the user directory. This particular cause would also manifest itself as all savegames being “corrupt.”

One of the solutions (remember, only attempt these if your savegames are “corrupted”) is to simply create a new login name in Windows XP/2000 which does not contain spaces or non-alphanumerics (no word on numbers breaking it though.)"

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...