Sign in to follow this  
MarlenesFutureDad

Streets of SimCity

Has anyone on this forum played Streets of SimCity? It's G rated (as in the 1st Star Trek movie G-rated - not cutesy Disney movie with furry mammal in running shoes G-rated) but it has some neato explosions and effects. The cops in that game don't arrest you, they just hand out $250 fines. There are also civilians and hunter vehicles that try to track you down. In addition to this, you can make your own city to explore and shoot around in.

A player can either:

- create a small town for a Dukes of Hazzard-like adventure

- create a medium sized town for some realistic action

- create a huge city for some real exciting racing, shooting, and delivering of packages.

I realize that this game is just like GTA except you don't get outside of your vehicle. Regardless of its lack of mature edge to it, it's still a good light game to play when some of the more complex mission in the GTA series start to get me down.

ANother great bargain bin one is simcity 2000.

Heroes of Might and magic

Might and magic series.

Ive never heard of streets of simcity. What kind of bargin bin were talkin about here?

$5 $10 $20?

• Like 1

ANother great bargain bin one is simcity 2000.

Heroes of Might and magic

Might and magic series.

Ive never heard of streets of simcity. What kind of bargin bin were talkin about here?

$5 $10 $20?

I purchased this game from a Wal-Mart just south of Niagara Falls, Ontario for $15 (with taxes, it comes to just over $20 Canadian) back in the year 2002. I also have SimCity 2000 (since 1997). It's interesting to make a huge town that actually makes money and adequately services the people at the same time.

If memory serves me right, Streets of SimCity was first released in 1997, making it 2 years older than the first GTA game. That means it will be worth a bit more to the collector than the original GTA game. And it was in 3D four years before GTA 3 came out. I guess Maxis beat R* to the metaphorical 3D punch. I hoped you enjoyed this food for thought.

im trying to download a free demo to see if its good enough but im having troubles

Please click here to get to the site to download the free demo of Streets of SimCity. You'll need a Pentium-166 with at least Windows 95 and 32MB RAM with DirectX drivers 5.0

I heard that game was very glitchy and bug infested

SimCity 4 is really Glitchy. It runs really slooooww... But My computer can seem to handle GTA:Sa and a boast of other games with high end graphics. I don't know why but simcity 4 i guess was made with a bad game engine becuase lags like a bastard.

I heard that game was very glitchy and bug infested

SimCity 4 is really Glitchy. It runs really slooooww... But My computer can seem to handle GTA:Sa and a boast of other games with high end graphics. I don't know why but simcity 4 i guess was made with a bad game engine becuase lags like a bastard.

When I had Windows 98, this game wasn't really that glitchy. I don't play Streets of SimCity anymore on Windows XP because you have to restart the computer every time you want to start a new game of Streets of SimCity.