why not XboX

When Vice City and GTA 3 came out there was no mention about the Xbox either but it still came out. Maybe Rockstar just want to get San Andreas out on the market before they worry about modifying it for the Xbox :unsure:

(I'm so glad I have a PS2 :) )

Edited by JORDAN

• 1 month later...

Well, actually, PS2 is the best console, not because it is powerful, but because it has better games than Xbox. Rockstar will be releasing it for Xbox. So all you Xbox fanboys, shove it and quit bitching! Anyway, Sony has a deal with Rockstar Games so that all GTA games realeased until this October, will be PS2 exclusive.

The GTA game after San Andreas will be on PS3 and will probably be released for both consoles at the same time, if Sony doesn't make another deal, which I hope they do!

Yeah I must agree. Also, in the official sense, Sony has a 2-5 year exclusivity deal with Rockstar for San Andreas. Sony knew this game was going to blow EVERYONE away (Lemmings, Sheep, Hermits/Xboxers, Gamecubers, PCers), so they spent millions to make sure that if people wanted this game, they would have to go for Sony's hardware. Anyway, the exclusivity can be breached at any time by Rockstar, but then they won't get Sony's money. So basically it all comes down to who wants to pay more and whether or not Rockstar would want to even port the game to Xbox.

They could always mod they're Xbox. But why would you waste $100.00 doing that when you could have the greatness of the PS2 for 50.00 more... And... get this! You don't have to buy a kit to play movies on PS2! Halaluah! Anyways, not only the does the PS2 offer GTA3, Vice City, and San Andreas (with none of it edited like on Xbox), You can also get GTA1, GTA: 1969, and GTA2 on PS2.

• 4 weeks later...

sorry to reply to a thread that's been dead for ages, but i thought some people might be interested in this

Rockstar North wrote the code for GTA:VC on the ps2. and they are writing GTA:SA

but the conversion to the Xbox was done by Rockstar Vienna

and from what i've heard, they had a lot of trouble with the port because there were lots of last minute hacks that R*north put in to make VC work on the ps2 that totally failed to work when ported to the xbox and so had to be re-coded.

so i wonder if another reason for lack of mention for any other platform release anytime in the near future might be that, having see the difficulties involved with the VC port, they'd rather take their time this time around to get it right without the panic of trying to hit a deadline

I hope this game never comes out on Xbox

as soon i saw the Microsoft preview of XBox ages ago.. ok it sounded cool at the time

i only watched it for about 3 &a 1/2 minutes untill i got boored so..

i still dont have an Xbox and i never will

Besides, look at all the money i'm saving up not having to buy the Xbox :thumbsdown: GTA games

..with PS2 and PC versions of the same GTA game

ALOT! :bashhead: