Make your own Main Character

Do you think you should be able to make your own character?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think you should be able to make your own character?

• Yes
    • No

i picked no, if youve played def jam f4 ny then youl see how much a story with a custom character makes the game a little wierd. the voice overs dont work, the character fits in with the rong people, they never say your name, and the story is confusing. (your white and you have an asian brother) and what he says in the voice dont make sense at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Tommy was cool but CJ is the best out of all of them. I said yes but picking out of 3 characters that all have stories set for each. I agree that creating your own character would be a bad idea. It would be just plain wierd if your character has family who are a completly different race to what you have made them.

It was ok playing with CJ but the only things that should be customizable are the clothes (which should load faster). But R* should stick with permanently made characters. It's not Sims (which is a pretty good game), it's GTA and it should focus more on the more important things like gameplay, cars, weapons and many other things.

i picked no, if youve played def jam f4 ny then youl see how much a story with a custom character makes the game a little wierd. the voice overs dont work, the character fits in with the rong people, they never say your name, and the story is confusing. (your white and you have an asian brother) and what he says in the voice dont make sense at all.

It could work well if they keep it to a particular ethnicity.. And if its in Tokyo I think you wouldnt have any problems, there isint much of a black or caucasian or european presence there.

I like the idea of being able to modify the facial features and height of the main character. Build and weight is up to your efforts in the gym!! =)

yeah but not toooo much changes maybe like the godfather cusomization, but alot better graphics and stuff. not like def jam ny. it sucked and had bad graphics and also character design will degrade the graphics some by having to make many many more skins to use means less resolution and details.

yeah but not toooo much changes maybe like the godfather cusomization, but alot better graphics and stuff. not like def jam ny. it sucked and had bad graphics and also character design will degrade the graphics some by having to make many many more skins to use means less resolution and details.

i voted yes, it wouldt be easy to make the voices match the charakters only a idea would be like this or something:

like they need to let you pick 5 nationality's or something and add to evry nationality something like 5 to 15 voices and when you finished you character you just choose the voice would match your character.

only this idea would take much work and time :thumbsup: