Sign in to follow this  
MarlenesFutureDad

The Easiest Decade to Live in

Simplest Decade Poll  

18 members have voted

1. 1. In what decade was life the easiest for you?

• 1980s
    • 1990s
    • 2000s
    • prior to 1980
    • Life hasn't been easy to me yet
  2. 2. In what decade was life the hardest for you?

• 1980s
    • 1990s
    • 2000s
    • prior to 1980
    • Life hasn't been hard to me yet

Think back for a moment. In what decade was life the easiest for you? Did you enjoy the good life in 1991 or 1987? Or was in it 2003 or 1978? These are basic philosophy questions that helps you to tune your long-term memory. Look at your photo albums. Read your old school journals. When was life the Big Easy?

Bear in mind that most of our members are under 16 so won't know the 80s or before :)

I was born in '89, so I've only known 90s and 00s. Life seems so much more complicated now, and the constant threat of terrorism and other crime really is a burden when planning to go anywhere or do anything.

As far as music goes, some of the best is 60s music but the 80s looked fun

:pissedred::pissedred::pissedred: Personally, when I think about the easiest decade to live in, I would have to choose the 90's (1991 in specific). I wasn't on anti-psychotic medications yet, I didn't have to worry about waiting for a disability pension check, the shows on TV were still decent, and you could actually burn calories playing a "sandbox game" (as in playing games in the sandbox). I'm gonna hate 2007. I don't belong in the 2007 world. Please send me back to 1991. I want to have a simple life again.

The 90s were the best for me, but since moving to Kyle of Lochalsh in 1999, everything's gone downhill.

It must be very cold living in Northwest Scotland. Oh well, at least you have some islands to visit to in the summer time. You're probably thinking, how do I know this if I'm living in Canada? Easy, I just checked it on my Microsoft Streets and Trips program which also has a world atlas.

1992 and 1993 was easiest for me becuase i just had to stay inside my mothers belly and didn't have to do anything.

2003 and 2004 was the hardest becuase i was mocked/teased constantly both years until i changed school

Times have changed so much. It all went wrong since 2000. Gaming got to graphical, TV is repeated, Films remade, 90s popular music pop/dance is now r&b/rap. I can go on LOL

I had a great life in the 90s. There was James Bond 007 Goldeneye etc. If you was a kid you just had to watch Pokémon! We had the Super Mario Bros era in its height along with Mario cartoons. The Nintendo 64 and PS1 with the likes of Metal Gear Solid, Mario 64, Goldeneye and Dino Crisis came out. I had many mates and we used to go outside in our dressing gowns playing Star Wars or with toy machine guns playin bond. We would try and tackle Pokémon Stadium - Master Ball stage. Music was great; Britney, Technotronic, Steps, Spice Girls, Kylie and Dee Lite. School was sort of fun to an extent and you could not wait for parties or get togethers back then. Ya collected Tazzoos and Pokemon cards and have the yo-yo phase. game boy was a musthave and cd's had to replace cassettes.

So... year 2000. Music started to get low. RnB taking over and silly bands cropped up everywhere. My mates, one moved to the other side of town and lost contact, my best mate moved to another town along way, one we grew apart due to different intrests but on a friendly note and the other is still around but has altered so much since new school it is not worth saying. Well, 200 saw new mates and a new school, secondary school. Made ex mates with someone and he left the school and moved away. Got few mates now and am greatful but I still think 'if only'. Well a mate from 2000 onwards was tied up in a mugging incident with me and another - he was one of the muggers and i was beeing mugged. Worlds gone crazy. We dont have anything to do with each other now. Games are to much today. Bring back Mario I say. Pierce Brosnan (Bond 007) has been axed and replaced with a Blond Bond who is in a Bond prequel before Dr. No. Cartoons are so textured and colourful you cant get into them like you could in the 90s. GCSEs (sec school end-of exams) and starting college happened to. Not as bad as i though though but - I hate change. However I have to get used to it. DVDs came out and now they want to to re-buy them as high definition. They are scrapping DVD btw and usin bluray or hd-dvd. hd-dvd should win like vhs tape did over betamax. its the worst time for boxsets. my bond 007 collection is mostly in vhs tape, some in special edition dvd and now soon to be in ultimate edition digitaly remastered dvd.

All I can say is this.... it all started once my best mate moved in 2000. And would you believe it. In 2003 I bumped into him on a holiday camp - both on holiday far away. I cant believe it. No contact numbers or anything. We loved James bond, especially the Goldeneye movie + game.

Tell me somit - when it gets to year 2010 will eveything change again or what. For some reason I cant see it happening anymore. It will just go on and evolve from what it is. Ay, not the 90s but the 10s it will be then. 21st century :tongue:

Edited by popmanw

Times have changed so much. It all went wrong since 2000. Gaming got to graphical, TV is repeated, Films remade, 90s popular music pop/dance is now r&b/rap. I can go on LOL

I had a great life in the 90s. There was James Bond 007 Goldeneye etc. If you was a kid you just had to watch Pokémon! We had the Super Mario Bros era in its height along with Mario cartoons. The Nintendo 64 and PS1 with the likes of Metal Gear Solid, Mario 64, Goldeneye and Dino Crisis came out. I had many mates and we used to go outside in our dressing gowns playing Star Wars or with toy machine guns playin bond. We would try and tackle Pokémon Stadium - Master Ball stage. Music was great; Britney, Technotronic, Steps, Spice Girls, Kylie and Dee Lite. School was sort of fun to an extent and you could not wait for parties or get togethers back then. Ya collected Tazzoos and Pokemon cards and have the yo-yo phase. game boy was a musthave and cd's had to replace cassettes.

So... year 2000. Music started to get low. RnB taking over and silly bands cropped up everywhere. My mates, one moved to the other side of town and lost contact, my best mate moved to another town along way, one we grew apart due to different intrests but on a friendly note and the other is still around but has altered so much since new school it is not worth saying. Well, 200 saw new mates and a new school, secondary school. Made ex mates with someone and he left the school and moved away. Got few mates now and am greatful but I still think 'if only'. Well a mate from 2000 onwards was tied up in a mugging incident with me and another - he was one of the muggers and i was beeing mugged. Worlds gone crazy. We dont have anything to do with each other now. Games are to much today. Bring back Mario I say. Pierce Brosnan (Bond 007) has been axed and replaced with a Blond Bond who is in a Bond prequel before Dr. No. Cartoons are so textured and colourful you cant get into them like you could in the 90s. GCSEs (sec school end-of exams) and starting college happened to. Not as bad as i though though but - I hate change. However I have to get used to it. DVDs came out and now they want to to re-buy them as high definition. They are scrapping DVD btw and usin bluray or hd-dvd. hd-dvd should win like vhs tape did over betamax. its the worst time for boxsets. my bond 007 collection is mostly in vhs tape, some in special edition dvd and now soon to be in ultimate edition digitaly remastered dvd.

All I can say is this.... it all started once my best mate moved in 2000. And would you believe it. In 2003 I bumped into him on a holiday camp - both on holiday far away. I cant believe it. No contact numbers or anything. We loved James bond, especially the Goldeneye movie + game.

Tell me somit - when it gets to year 2010 will eveything change again or what. For some reason I cant see it happening anymore. It will just go on and evolve from what it is. Ay, not the 90s but the 10s it will be then. 21st century :tongue:

Some cartoons are excellent in the 2000s. The best ones are Winx Club :whistle: , Mew Mew Power :thumbsup: , Cramp Twins :rofl2: , TMNT: Fast Forward :coolthumbup: , and American Dad. Besides, my mom just LOVES the colours they use on the Winx Club :mellow: . But I agree with you music wise. Music today is shitty and it's all because of American Idol, Canadian Idol, Pop Idol, or whatever your national "Idol" show is called :cry: . Music today is too cheery, bright, and "full of fun and laughter. :cigar: " I think these musicians have been taking too much of their recreational drugs (beer, whiskey, wine, cocaine, marijuana, heroin, etc.) and don't take life seriously enough :( .

==1991 Forever==

Hmm for me my easiest was 1993 and 1994 because all I did was spend my time playing or I was round my grandads.

The hardest was probably last year and 1004 because I was getting bullied at school plus my parents broke up.

It was around 1993 or 1994 that they put me on anti-psychotic medication. And this was the end result of all the calls from the principal's office my mother used to get back from 1992 to almost the end of my school career in 2001. First thing, it was my mother, then it was my grandparents. After that, they called in my family physician (Dr. Peter A. Kursell - who was still middle aged at that time and hadn't reached his current stage of medical incompetency due to senility) and my former analyst (Dr. Sandra Fisman) and the next thing you know, I was riding the med train 4 life.

The first meds were called Haldol knocked me out one night, the second meds (and the first in the Mellaril series) had to be consumed with water, the ones after that were finally pills (but they made me fat), the next kind were still green but I slimmed down, now I am on blue pills and these ones I got back on February or March of 2006 - (don't exactly remember when) are a little weaker which means I've regained society's trust again after going through a rough patch in life back in April of 1997).

Hmm for me my easiest was 1993 and 1994 because all I did was spend my time playing or I was round my grandads.

The hardest was probably last year and 1004 because I was getting bullied at school plus my parents broke up.

1004! How old are you?

1004! How old are you?

It was a typo, Chrisman. Woozie meant to say "2004." After all, there were no schools in the year 1004 A.D., at least not for the commoners who weren't in the Church, a royal family, or in the nobility.

In the 2000s, I'm technically on a holiday 365 days a year, but I'm not supposed to talk about it like that (I'm on a disability pension) or my mother will double my anti-psychotic medication. In the 1990s, I could express myself more and my mother would think I was just having a sense of humor instead of being mouthy (a la Hawkeye from M*A*S*H*) :blink: . Ever since I graduated high school, any serious conversation I had with my mother resulted in me shaking (literally) and agreeing with her idea of the way things should be (aka the status quo) :erm: . Someday, I would like to open an EB Games someday but I don't seem to be acting mature enough to trust me with my own business :weird: . Sometimes, I don't talk refined enough. Other times, I slip on something by ACCIDENT and she takes it as aggression against her. I can't say "dude" or "babe" anymore. I have to say "lady" or "gentleman" or else I get told to "watch my mouth. :evil: " I want to go back to my safe haven of 1991 where everything was coming up roses and Nintendo games.

Some cartoons are excellent in the 2000s. The best ones are Winx Club :whistle: , Mew Mew Power :thumbsup: , Cramp Twins :rofl2: , TMNT: Fast Forward :coolthumbup: , and American Dad. Besides, my mom just LOVES the colours they use on the Winx Club mellow.gif . But I agree with you music wise. Music today is shitty and it's all because of American Idol, Canadian Idol, Pop Idol, or whatever your national "Idol" show is called :cry: . Music today is too cheery, bright, and "full of fun and laughter. :cigar: " I think these musicians have been taking too much of their recreational drugs (beer, whiskey, wine, cocaine, marijuana, heroin, etc.) and don't take life seriously enough sad.gif .

==1991 Forever==

It's been a long time since this post was updated and it's now the middle of the 2010s.

Most of the cartoons are crappy between 2011 and 2015 but the best one was Uncle Grandpa. Most songs on the radio are shitty except for the cool stuff they play on Hotmixradio Dance (an online radio station). Mom and Grandma are into digital photography now and I seem to like NBA 2K11 when I used to dislike that game. And that's pretty much all.

Overall, this decade is still crappier than the 1990s.

I

1990's where easy. Haven't really had a difficult time yet.

Must be easy to avoid the worst recession since the 1930s!!!

I was nearly homeless on the streets, the 1990s to 2007 were rather good, but growing up with my family in large part the best times I think, in most anyone's life... the regret is I'm not older to enjoy the 60s music sooner!!

After seeing Ryan's mega bump of a pre-07~08 recession thread, I feel the timing for such a question is 10 years too early! hahaha

leading right up to 2006, things were still pretty good, the housing market where I worked was on a decline and bad banking and loans made the whole friggin' market fall, then you had the US Automakers needing bailouts along with Fanny May and Freddie Mac... who the hell are those peeps!??! 

The last decade is near utter shite really

I like the guy commenting on James Bond now in HD on cable! hahaha HD-DVD failed because only Toshiba and three others backed it, and Microsoft's previous fail with WebTV seemed to follow their standalone Xbox add on, but it's the easiest way to add HD-DVD to your home environment!!

Edited by BlackListedB

I

1990's where easy. Haven't really had a difficult time yet.

Must be easy to avoid the worst recession since the 1930s!!!

I was nearly homeless on the streets, the 1990s to 2007 were rather good, but growing up with my family in large part the best times I think, in most anyone's life... the regret is I'm not older to enjoy the 60s music sooner!!

After seeing Ryan's mega bump of a pre-07~08 recession thread, I feel the timing for such a question is 10 years too early! hahaha

leading right up to 2006, things were still pretty good, the housing market where I worked was on a decline and bad banking and loans made the whole friggin' market fall, then you had the US Automakers needing bailouts along with Fanny May and Freddie Mac... who the hell are those peeps!??! 

The last decade is near utter shite really

I like the guy commenting on James Bond now in HD on cable! hahaha HD-DVD failed because only Toshiba and three others backed it, and Microsoft's previous fail with WebTV seemed to follow their standalone Xbox add on, but it's the easiest way to add HD-DVD to your home environment!!

Fannie Mae provides financial products and services that increase the availability and affordability of housing for low-, moderate- and middle-income Americans while is a public government-sponsored enterprise that deals with home loans and mortgages.

Too Big To Fail in the USA is a major major issue going forward, bottom line, despite the best intentions paving the road to Hell, ,,, That doesn't mean a company shouldn't do good because corruption will eventually come to fore, but that one must keep evaluating their way forward and the best methods and people to do it, I'm leaning to Bernie Sanders right now, but Donald Trump is still on TV talking sense to me, however unlikable some aspects of him or anyone else, it's the person most in touch with everyone's overall troubles and how to alleviate issues like that, It can never be fully smoothed out, but always the less wrinkles in the road (our collective future)... the better.

A sidebar about the cop car customization point for GTAs Wishlist, The reason it wouldn't come about I'm making point of is that some cars, key mission vehicles.... firetrucks, cabs, and other mission orientated cars, fall into groups of shared programming graphics, they don't follow the same rules as another group, I believe this based on what we learned about ped design from GTA's lead artist commenting a long time ago about 'ped packs'

This is to economize code development and running within a small allotment of space (Disc wise)

Edited by BlackListedB
  • Like 1

.... to add, I meant the article key interview with Aaron Garbut, still lead artist for GTA talking about Ped Pack design and I believe the basic graphic design and building of GTA still remains the path they follow on making the games, even though the tech and specs for software change. We'll see maybe a different approach with a new engine, but I believe it's still tauted as RAGE.

As for me getting a bit off topic, Often the best decade to live in is based on your responsibility level (school instead of work, paying bills, or other adult worries), and the economics of the time. As a kid, I had few worries compared to those in our changing World now. You young guys missed some good times, let me tell ya! Oh, and sorry to add second posting addendum here, but I was inspired by the notification of appreciation from users here