Sexual Preference

Jezz Torrent

317 members have voted

1. 1. What is your sexual preference?

• Straight
    • Gay
    • Bi
    • Not interested in sex or love at all

Well if youv'e read about me previously you know that I'm married to a woman I've been with for over 6 years (married 6 months Monday, woot).

Anyway, I only find myself attracted to women, so I'm straight.

I'm Catholic so I'm supposed to believe only in that and that Homosexuals are to be expected and accepted, but only if they are celibate.

I actually feel that it is none of my business. I don't want to watch two men go at it (or two women really). But I also don't enjoy watching "straight" couples go at it with reckless abandon. Go home or to a hotel or something. Love isn't groping each other in public and going at it for all the world to see, or bragging about your sex life. Love is respecting your partner and keeping their feelings in mind. Not to say that PDA's are bad, but they aren't or shouldn't be necessary to be in "love".

Growing up I considered myself homophobic. From my Sunday School classes and basic ignorance. Like I said people can do what they want, who I am to judge, or anyone else to judge?

To quote a Montgomery Gentry song "You ain't gonna be my judge, my judge will judge us all one day, you do your thing I'll do mine"

That's what I believe. If you don't believe in God, that doesn't bother me. (I'm not trying to start a religious topic mind you just wanted to point that out so people don't start getting uppity about that).

There all small minded people (some of whom I consider my friends) who are against homosexuality. It isn't my cup of tea, but I'm not going to discriminate about a life choice for someone else.

There are people against marriage, but I ignore them, it's what I wanted to do. In the same vain, rather than start an argument or get on someone who is against your choices in life, why not ignore them? Sure there are a lot of small minded people out there, but arguing with them isn't going to accomplish anything. Ever watch debate shows or CNN? Think you're going to change someone's mind?

Live your life the way you want or think it should be lived and the hell with anyone else.

Oh and for people who think it's gross, etc. Keep in mind that in parts of ancient Greece (and probably elsewhere) same sex couples were the norm. You only were with someone from the other sex to make babies. That was it.

It's always been around. People may not agree with it but you have to deal with it. It's not going away.

Edited by draftermatt

Good say Draftermatt. I'm Catholic to, but some people think that being Catholic mean you'r homophobic. I don't have anything against gay people, but I don't think you should encourage it like : try it, maybe you like it. If you'r truely gay you'd feel it.

And a quistion from my part. Can animals become gay or is that only for humans.

Good say Draftermatt. I'm Catholic to, but some people think that being Catholic mean you'r homophobic. I don't have anything against gay people, but I don't think you should encourage it like : try it, maybe you like it. If you'r truely gay you'd feel it.

I think animals have sex only for reproduction so they can't be gay, but I think I've read someplace there are some, I can't remember, that do it for pleasure. I donno so if someone else knows...

Edit: Also that was the reason God made a man and a woman so they could reproduce...not for carnal pleasure

Edited by kokane

Great point, Matt. Setting morals and standards for yourself is great, and for something((religion, for example)), to tell you what your morals and standards should be is okay, to a point. But to tell you what your morals and standards towards OTHER PEOPLE should be, is just wrong. Way. Wrong.

I use to have a pot-bellied pig. My mom got tired of him and gave him to my brother-in-law((who currently had possession of one of the pig's brothers)). He said my pig((the one we fed to hell and he got HUGE)) would actually f*** the little one. I shit you not.

One thing I would like the point out is your use of the words "Life Choice". I haven't sat down and thought "you know what, it might be more fun with guys". There's absolutely no choice going into it.

I also don't believe in celibacy. If I may be crude, why should we refrain from a "natural" pleasure just because you don't approve of who it is with. As far as I'm concerned, two consenting adults can do what they like to each other.

Something that does frustrate me is people saying they don't want to see gays kissing in the street, or "I don't mind so long as they don't try to come onto me". Since when have you ever seen straight men repeatedly coming onto random women in the street? That just doesn't happen (whilst sober anyway). To be perfectly honest, homosexual relationships are a whole lot more discreet than heterosexuals, simply because of the discrimination and abuse we would receive if we did anything in public.

I'm not trying to persuade people to become gay, I'm not suggesting you should suddenly approve or encourage homosexuality, but the concerns many/most people have (theists in particular) are simply not valid.

For me, I quite simply LOVE someone of the same gender as myself. That isn't anything to do with sex, and isn't anything to do with a lack of morals - its just that I love that person. I can't understand why someone would be sexually attracted to someone fat or ugly or handicapped or anything abnormal, but I appreciate and celebrate that they love each other - that's all that matters.

Well I think love requires sentience (intelligence), which is what we have that animal's don't. It is not uncommon for two male animals to attempt to dry hump, but the relationship aspect isn't there.

Although on some occasions, two male penguins can look after a youngster as if they were two parents - even sitting on the eggs.

I don't think anybody should be encouraging any sexuality. That isn't how it works.

To put it simply - I am no different to any heterosexual male, except that the people who I am attracted to and the people I want to live with and be close to have short hair, wear trousers and have something dangling between their legs. That is honestly how I see it.

It isn't a choice, nobody can think "well xyz is gay so I will be too". If I had a choice, I would be straight - simply because its a lot easier and a lot less hassle. I could always have sex with a girl, but that wouldn't make me straight. Just like trying something else doesn't make you gay - and judging other guys doesn't make you gay.

However, I DO actively encourage people to find out what it is that they DO like. If someone is gay but they don't know it, it is doing them no favours to push them on the straight and narrow in the direction of females. I don't believe there is anything anybody can do about it, and he would most likely be frustrated all his life.

You don't have to TRY it to find out what you like, but you need to be open to all different possibilities.

I wouldn't feel comfortable at all trying it the other way around.. I'm pretty loving of someone right now either way. But yeah, I guess that and my family is pretty homophobic / anti-homosexual, and ofcourse I'd get.. well, "pushed out" for anything like that.

Just wouldn't go through the pressure to go out and see if I like it. Maybe if it came along right to me or something.