Jezz Torrent

317 members have voted

1. 1. What is your sexual preference?

• Straight
    • Gay
    • Bi
    • Not interested in sex or love at all

I will be straight

That is such a stupid comment. As shocking as it may seem people do not wake up in the morning and think "hey do you know what I think Im gonna be gay/straight/bi. I just feel like today".

Yeah i agree with you, I didin't really understand his comment anyways. Saying that he will be straight.

I'm actually against what theachers do here.

Here they say try it and see what you like. At least some said that.

In my eyes the normal is just Straight. And there is a small chance you are gay, and if you are, you'll realise that yourself. Not just trying and see if you like it, that's perverting peoples mindes.

The Netherlands are strongly trying to let gay people be treated like all other people. But I think it's the very fact the goverment put's so much attention to it that it fails.

I don't mean this to be offensive, but seeing to men on street kissing eachother all over isn't the same as a man and a women doing to the same.

You'll be amazed how many times gay people are in the news. If they just didn't do that it would probably be way better for people who are gay.

BEING GAY IS NOT A CHOICE - just like being male or female or black or white is not a choice. I have NEVER said "you know what, I think I'm going to like guys". You may not understand that - you have never decided to be straight... and you could never decide to be gay.

The only choice you have is what you do about it - I have the choice of either having a boyfriend, or not having one. I would never want a girlfriend.

The "try it" method just isn't the way to go about things. So long as you have an open mind to things, just seeing who you find attractive is the best method. The sexual practices of a particular sexuality are irrelevant - I'm not gay because I like bum fun, it's because I like guys... a lot easier to work out. It's like saying "have sex with everybody so you know who you fancy" - dangerous.

I kind of agree with Jace for saying if you're gay, you'll notice. That is true only because being straight is "normal" - if you don't fit into these social norms, then you wonder why. That's when you realise.

The other point about drawing attention to it is tricky - we just want to be treated the SAME as other people, but drawing attention to it doesn't help. You'd never have heterosexuality parades would you? Nevertheless, the first thing we have to do is educate the ignorant people to make sure they know gay people exist, and we're normal except we fancy different people. That really is the only difference.

It isn't the same seeing two guys kissing as a guy and a girl? That's because you aren't used to it. Yes, it is different - but if they love each other then there's no reason why they shouldn't. Some people say "its okay as long as they dont try to kiss me".. don't flatter yourself - just because we're gay doesn't mean we want to kiss every male in the world.

BEING GAY IS NOT A CHOICE - just like being male or female or black or white is not a choice. I have NEVER said "you know what, I think I'm going to like guys". You may not understand that - you have never decided to be straight... and you could never decide to be gay.

The only choice you have is what you do about it - I have the choice of either having a boyfriend, or not having one. I would never want a girlfriend.

The "try it" method just isn't the way to go about things. So long as you have an open mind to things, just seeing who you find attractive is the best method. The sexual practices of a particular sexuality are irrelevant - I'm not gay because I like bum fun, it's because I like guys... a lot easier to work out. It's like saying "have sex with everybody so you know who you fancy" - dangerous.

I kind of agree with Jace for saying if you're gay, you'll notice. That is true only because being straight is "normal" - if you don't fit into these social norms, then you wonder why. That's when you realise.

The other point about drawing attention to it is tricky - we just want to be treated the SAME as other people, but drawing attention to it doesn't help. You'd never have heterosexuality parades would you? Nevertheless, the first thing we have to do is educate the ignorant people to make sure they know gay people exist, and we're normal except we fancy different people. That really is the only difference.

It isn't the same seeing two guys kissing as a guy and a girl? That's because you aren't used to it. Yes, it is different - but if they love each other then there's no reason why they shouldn't. Some people say "its okay as long as they dont try to kiss me".. don't flatter yourself - just because we're gay doesn't mean we want to kiss every male in the world.

Yeah you got a point there.

You really wouldn't understand what its like to be gay unless you were. Or would you...?

Let me put it this way - I think straight people are weird. I think fancying women is weird. I don't like breasts or vaginas or curvy hips. Just doesn't work for me. Just like straight guys don't like other guys. That's the difference. The actual reason for it is unknown - but certainly not a choice.

The goverment supports gay party's, maybe even organises them themselves. Something they are NOT supposed to do. You never hear anything about straight people in the news..

And yes, being straight doesn't mean you won't do

fukc

every girl with nice legs and breasts. It's stupid people get the idea it's suddenly different for people who are gay.

Actually school isn't suppossed to influence you in any way about sex and all stuf related. You're suppossed to make your own desicions and way of thinking about these type of things. At least.. That's what I think.

The goverment supports gay party's, maybe even organises them themselves. Something they are NOT supposed to do. You never hear anything about straight people in the news..

And yes, being straight doesn't mean you won't do

fukc

every girl with nice legs and breasts. It's stupid people get the idea it's suddenly different for people who are gay.

Actually school isn't suppossed to influence you in any way about sex and all stuf related. You're suppossed to make your own desicions and way of thinking about these type of things. At least.. That's what I think.

Well the gays ive read about hve had girlfriends and even wives and havent told them until like 5 years into the marriage which is quite bad but it could just be paper talk . The sun <_<

The whole attention thing is tricky. I think the gay pride parades are a good idea ... but a bad idea in the same sense. Like you were saying, it is the only place that one can feel naturally gay or completely accepted, but it tends to draw majorly flamboyant people. And flamboyant people are hurting the whole thing a little I think.

Like we were talking yesterday about the foreigners and the handouts. They want to blend in, yet they keep getting attention from people that maybe would support their cause more. I was wary of this whole practice until I looked into the whole situation and realized that our economy is dependent on these people I think gay pride parades draw attention, but they draw bad attention from people on the outside.

I'm the type of guy that doesn't like attention being drawn to me. I like to live my life doing what I want and I don't really car what people think about it or anything. If I want to have 50 computers in my dorm room, that should be no one else's concern but my own. My life is my life and I should be able to do whatever I want so I can be happy (within reason ... robbing a bank to buy myself a truck is bad)

Attention good, negative attention bad.

As far as guys kissing girls, girls kissing girls or guys kissing guys, as long as it is love that's all that matters.

What are the attitudes towards gay people like where you live?

Sadly still pretty homophobic. Me personally, I was very homophobic back in high school, but now it doesn't bother me. It's still odd seeing two people of the same sex holding hands, etc. but it doesn't bother me personally. Just not something you see everyday is all.

You mentioned the "must like every guy thing" That's what I find funny. Most of the people who say things like "I don't like them, they may hit on me" would be lucky to get anyone hitting on them.

I'd always say "I'm pretty sure gay guys have standards that don't include beady eyes, beer gut, and unable to leave mommies side"

Do some straight men want to bang every woman that walks by? Probably, but I guarantee grandma's good friend isn't going to turn their fancy. Attraction is the key to damn near everything.

Edited by draftermatt

I wouldn't like the idea of being a kid with two dads/mums - would just be so hard to explain it to all the other kids, and would be embarrassing growing up and stuff.

Then again, it's definitely better than having no parents at all. For that reason I think it is immoral to disallow gay adoption - for the sake of the child.

Well you could say a child needs a mother and father BUT what good is it if that child has their straight parents abuse them. Is that essential for a normal and healthy upbringing. I dont think so. Or a child could be brought up in a gay family and be loved and cared for. Its all about the parents and what they are like not what sexuality they are.

I barely have a dad, I was manily bought up by my mum and I am normal and was well brought up. Having two parents wasnt vital for what I have become. i doubt I would have been any different if my dad was around.

I think gay couples should be allowed to adopt

Edit: to add, usually people say someone looks gay. But if I'd go by that, you look far from gay.

So there isn't really something as "looking" gay. With exeption of trying to look like a real girl and behaving like one of course.

edit2: Post merge didn't work.. Usually it does. Sorry.

Edited by Jace

Im straight , and i've said in other relashionship/sexual topics that i love my girlfriend very much. I have absolutley nothing rong with gays , hell! One of my best friends at school is gay. I think when you look at a man , if you want to no if he's gay or not , watch the way he walks , listen to the way he talks. Then privatly ask him if he's gay. My friend Grant at school , he's two years older than me and he made it pretty blatant that he's gay , and he gets bullied at school by the year ahead of him (11/top grade in america). And i actually feel really sorry for him. These guys at my school asked him ' if he would 'actually take it up the rear , and he said ' if i had the chance to i would , but only with a boy that i really liked.' Then the guys asked him if his parents knew , my friend said yes. Then he said , well i dont like gay people in this school so you can f*** off. Thats when i had to interupt , luckily enough they didnt beat me up(i mean come on there 3 years older and atleast twice the size of me) and they just walked away. I then asked my friend if he was Ok , he told me that he was used to it from primary school and that he'd been using the same answers for those questions for many years and that he really took no notice. I myself thought what it would be like to be gay , and i just thought i'd stick to what i know and not to judge someone for thier sexual preferance.

^ Wow that was alot!^