Sexual Preference

Jezz Torrent

317 members have voted

1. 1. What is your sexual preference?

• Straight
    • Gay
    • Bi
    • Not interested in sex or love at all

hate to sound like such a cliche but i guess i just came into terms with it all. At this moment iv'e only come out to most of my female friends but the thought of coming out to my male friends and to family petrifies me atleast until i've finished high school.

Hate to sound Cliche, but I'm straighter than a ruler (And I'm Christian :innocent: ) and I don't believe in Gay Marriage (Or civil union or whatever the hell you want to call it) or even gay rights. :yup:

But seriously, no offense meant.

Edited by raybob

Why say it then? Even with the smiley faces, saying that is just going to cause offence; and you don't appear to be asking for an in-depth discussion on the issue.

Why don't you believe in gay rights? Do you even understand what that means? It just means that since people are born gay (nobody can choose or change), simply letting gay people get on with their life. For example, it can't be right to ban gay sex just because you don't like it - it would never affect your life in any way, yet your type decide to make it illegal for two consenting adults to play around in a bedroom.

If you don't believe homosexuality really exists, or if you think it is a choice, or if you think it is preventable, think again. Ask anyone in this topic. Nobody would choose to be different in that way, nobody would want to be subject to your prejudiced laws and constant discrimination. If it was preventable, there would probably be a law forcing you do prevent it. All we want is for you to let us do what we like behind closed doors, where nobody gets hurt and everyone gets what they want. Denying us love simply because you don't like who we like is one of the most horrible things you could do.

And just to clear something up, we don't want to call it Civil Union - that name was invented to keep you Christian homophobes happy. We just want to be able to spend the rest of our lives with one person (same as you), and receive the same status as benefits as you would. Other things like adoption are different, as they do affect other people, and they are something we can discuss. Personally, I don't think "liking guys" should instantly disqualify you from things like that, but if you're a weird psychopath or sexual deviant or rapist of pedophile or something, then that should disqualify you.

I know I'm sounding like I'm accusing you a lot, but that's simply because of how you identified yourself in your post. I don't mean to cause offence, but I do mean to strongly disagree with you. I hope we can continue to discuss this like mature adults, but there are unfortunately a lot of Christian homophobes who act like spoilt children.

Anthony - different people have different experiences with coming out, and everyone you tell will react slightly differently. Luckily for me, my mother is the only bad reaction I've ever had. Everyone else either didn't care or were interested and asked loads of questions. One or two react really well...

hate to sound like such a cliche but i guess i just came into terms with it all. At this moment iv'e only come out to most of my female friends but the thought of coming out to my male friends and to family petrifies me atleast until i've finished high school.

Hate to sound Cliche, but I'm straighter than a ruler (And I'm Christian :innocent: ) and I don't believe in Gay Marriage (Or civil union or whatever the hell you want to call it) or even gay rights. :yup:

You have a problem with not offending people. Civil union, domestic partnership, etc. YOU can't control because it isn't marriage in a Christian church. Speaking of which, why do you feel the need to constantly remind us you're Christian? Is that necessary? I'm starting to think myself that you're a troll.

As stated in my other post, if you realized having a relationship with the same sex is absolutely no different from male to female. Not believing in gay rights is like not believing in your own rights, because it's the exact same shit.

• 3 months later...

Why do some people have a problem with people's sexual preferences? My perception of this topic is that Gerard seems to be the only sensible person in the actual post.

Also, I don't understand why being gay or bi is such a problem to some people. I'm all for whatever people's sexual preference is, I don't really appreciate people saying things like, "I don't like that guy, cause he's gay." To me, that's just ridiculous.

Let me just say I have the utmost respect for people coming out about their sexual preferences, or being able to admit that they are, in fact, gay or bi.

And also, what that guy said in the first couple of posts about his thoughts on how gay or bi people should not be allowed in the forums because REAL men should be playing GTA.

I mean absolutely no offence to anybody, but some people just like different things. It doesn't matter if you're gay and play GTA, that's the biggest crap I've ever heard.

Of course, I could be totally wrong.

But that's just my thoughts on this subject.

Why do some people have a problem with people's sexual preferences? My perception of this topic is that Gerard seems to be the only sensible person in the actual post.

Also, I don't understand why being gay or bi is such a problem to some people. I'm all for whatever people's sexual preference is, I don't really appreciate people saying things like, "I don't like that guy, cause he's gay." To me, that's just ridiculous.

Let me just say I have the utmost respect for people coming out about their sexual preferences, or being able to admit that they are, in fact, gay or bi.

And also, what that guy said in the first couple of posts about his thoughts on how gay or bi people should not be allowed in the forums because REAL men should be playing GTA.

I mean absolutely no offence to anybody, but some people just like different things. It doesn't matter if you're gay and play GTA, that's the biggest crap I've ever heard.

x2 to all of that except the part about Gerard being the only sensible person? What? So none of the other people in this topic are sensible about it is what you're saying? I thought myself and a lot of other people were talking about this sensibly and seriously?

x2 to all of that except the part about Gerard being the only sensible person? What? So none of the other people in this topic are sensible about it is what you're saying? I thought myself and a lot of other people were talking about this sensibly and seriously?

x2

I was going to say I agree with everything greensabre had to say, except Gerard being the only realistic person haha.

Im not trying to stray off topic but I think most people who are Bi (from people I have known) are just Bi'curious (want to see what it is like) and not really bi, they go back to straight after about 2 years, I've known 3 people like this 1 girl and 2 boys.

Meh, what is wrong being curious? Human nature.

Nothing really, but I think some people might just say they are bi for the attention,

Edited by Red Devil

Im not trying to stray off topic but I think most people who are Bi (from people I have known) are just Bi'curious (want to see what it is like) and not really bi, they go back to straight after about 2 years, I've known 3 people like this 1 girl and 2 boys.

Meh, what is wrong being curious? Human nature.

Nothing really, but I think some people might just say they are bi for the attention,

Well, yeah, doing it for attention is just retarded. However, out of curiosity, is entirely normal.

To generally poke a stick at myself, yes, that was quite a silly thing to say.

I guess what I meant by my saying that "Gerard was the only sensible one", is that he wasn't afraid to stick up for himself by saying that he was gay, or something?

To be honest, I only read the first 4 pages then skipped right to the end.

My apologies to all you sensible ones who told me off. :)

And also, I think that people don't say they're bi just for attention? I would think that they're just into different things, like I said in my other post.

I think bisexuality is interesting, I don't know many people who are (actually) bi, which is a shame. I got sick of emos and fakers a long time ago.

To me, my gay label is a bit of security. It's a definite platform I can base myself on, something I finally belong to, but that doesn't mean I have to go around shouting about it. I feel more normal by knowing I'm gay than if I'm unique on some infinite fluid scale.

I think bisexuality is interesting, I don't know many people who are (actually) bi, which is a shame. I got sick of emos and fakers a long time ago.

To me, my gay label is a bit of security. It's a definite platform I can base myself on, something I finally belong to, but that doesn't mean I have to go around shouting about it. I feel more normal by knowing I'm gay than if I'm unique on some infinite fluid scale.

I get pissed off at people who think their sexuality is everybody's business, when they go around shouting "OOH I'M BI LOL RANDOM LOL!!!11 I HURT MYSELF LUL" and when I tell those said people that I really couldn't give a toss, they assume I'm prejudice towards them. Those things are meant to be kept private to a certain extent.