They should bring back Cluckin' Bell, Burger Shot, and Pizza Shack in GTA 4. I've played GTA: LCS and GTA 3 and I thought that running into a heart inside a circle to restore your health is unrealistic. GTA: SA was on the right track when it comes to restoring your energy (although buying groceries at a supermarket and home cooking meals at your safehouse for free is another idea that should be in it).

I wouldn't like to see the food feature at all. Even if they remove the fat meter, I still think that it would be best like in 3/VC - to have health pickups infront of a hospital or pharmaceuticals (I feel I miss-spelled this one hard), and have to pay for them. Because a Big Mac won't heal my gunshot wounds. If that would be so, there would be no need for a surgery. Just eat a Big Mac and the bullet is out!

Lol, i kinda like the idea of eating and restoring your energy, but it dosent matter if its unrealistic, whats the chances of getting blown up hundreds of times and not dying? or killing hundreds of people without going to prison for more than a few hours? the games arent really supposed to be realistic, i think the pickups (health, stars etc) should remain. The only thing i dont like is contstantly getting hungry! VC idea is the one i like.

Edited by K_P

You both have good points. I thought the eating was cool ... just becuase if you didn't, you lost muscle or if you ate too much, you got fat. However, it was unrealistic that you could get shot and eat to fix it.

They should bring back Cluckin' Bell, Burger Shot, and Pizza Shack in GTA 4. I've played GTA: LCS and GTA 3 and I thought that running into a heart inside a circle to restore your health is unrealistic. GTA: SA was on the right track when it comes to restoring your energy (although buying groceries at a supermarket and home cooking meals at your safehouse for free is another idea that should be in it).

Oh, and drinking a can of soda to heal your bullet woulds is realistic? Buying groceries? Might as well add eating dead bodies in there too with such a dumbass idea. Ok, for free? Wow, the most expensive meal in SA was $15 or somthing, you could find that in killing a ped. (Wait, lol, I typed this and then read Slayer's post) yeah, I agree with slayer, bring back the health icons, there shouls still be eating in GTA4, but make it more like VC where eating isnt nessary to survive, eating should only restore your health. (whoops, read K_P post after typing this) Yeah, I agree with GTA Master, it was bull, I could survive a 100 feet fall but not a day without eating? What a wuss.

It may not be realistic to drink a soda to heal a bullet wound, but it's much more realistic than walking through a floating heart to heal one.

With or without the fat meter, I do prefer the food over the hearts, though instead of buying groceries and cooking diner at home, all you really just need to do is walk up to the frig to get some food, just like the vendors only it's free.

Also, in addition to the food, what about painkillers scattered throughout the map and at hospitals instead of hearts? It would make it more in line to other R* games such as Max Payne and Manhunt. And hey what about getting some Flash from a dealer on the streets, though for a price?

It may not be realistic to drink a soda to heal a bullet wound, but it's much more realistic than walking through a floating heart to heal one.

Those heart icons infront of a hospital are realistic since you pay for them for the amount of health lost, and they stand for medical treatment in hospital since hospitals had no interiors and there weren't any cutscenes of a character reciving treatment. :erm:

Not sure if refrigerators are a good idea

It's just like having a health heart in the kicthens of your safehouses in LCS, but instead of the health hearts, you just walk up to the refrigerator and press the triangle button, like the vendors in SA.

At least it's better than getting groceries and cooking...

there should be an injection that you use like in FEAR. like you have it in the inventory and you use it when your health goes down and you can hold as many as you can buy.

But what kind of person carries needles around expecting to get shot and since GTA is based on real life, I don't know of any injections that heal you right away. I agree with Slayer and TVG: to regain health you can get the hearts and eating is optional as it also restores health but you don't need to eat. Vice City had the best system and I think R* will learn from their mistakes in SA.

I know I am contradicting myself when I say no injections because they are unrealistic but hearts are. But like Slayer said that when you get the hearts infront of the hospitals you pay for the amount of health you lost so they are realistic.

Edited by ArturKim21

I know this maybe a dumb suggestion, but how about a health regainer system, similar to The Getaway?

If anyone's played it, after you get really screwed up, you start walking slow and and holding baody parts (Arms, Abdomen etc) and the blood starts soaking through your clothes and the only way to regain health, is to lean up against a wall, for a few seconds.

Edited by MiamiViceCity

umm yeah its BASED on real life. it isnt real life, ive seen people around with needles incase they get into fights. ever seen Ichi the killer? thats what one of the guys does, so that he doesnt feel the pain and so the white blood cells work faster he takes needles around incase he gets hurt. and if your basing this on real life, who goes into the fridge to heal there shot to the face? i dont know any food that would heal you right away. at all. having injections around is more realistic than finding big hearts on the ground. wow you made a fool of yourself.

But what kind of person carries needles around expecting to get shot and since GTA is based on real life, I don't know of any injections that heal you right away. I agree with Slayer and TVG: to regain health you can get the hearts and eating is optional as it also restores health but you don't need to eat. Vice City had the best system and I think R* will learn from their mistakes in SA.

I know I am contradicting myself when I say no injections because they are unrealistic but hearts are. But like Slayer said that when you get the hearts infront of the hospitals you pay for the amount of health you lost so they are realistic.

I think they should keep the restaurants but add more. Eg. Fine dining, Japanese and diners etc. It would make it more interessting then having fast food places.

yeah me too i didnt get why they were there but i could only eat from them if i had a girl with me. hmm.... those sexists. jk, but yeah there should be only a few dinner icons tho so u dont get confused, but wen you put the cursor over it it sez what it is.

I wouldn't like to see the food feature at all. Even if they remove the fat meter, I still think that it would be best like in 3/VC - to have health pickups infront of a hospital or pharmaceuticals (I feel I miss-spelled this one hard), and have to pay for them. Because a Big Mac won't heal my gunshot wounds. If that would be so, there would be no need for a surgery. Just eat a Big Mac and the bullet is out!

its just idea

thanks gtasmodder

Stop bumping old topics for gosh sakes.

GTA isn't realistic and I wouldn't be bothered for health icons to return during some hard missions, you'd need a health icon nearby, right? Restaurants should be added but only like in Vice City where only your health goes back to normal, no fat gained like in San Andreas.

Although you people and the majority of users in this site might not agree, I liked the idea of making your character fat or skinny. I liked playing as CJ when was fat.

There should be food, but the food eating system should be reformed.

1. Eating food should NOT be a necessity for survival.

2. You should be able to get fat from eating FAT foods such as burgers, hot dogs, fried chicken, alfredo pasta, ice cream, pizza, tacos etc.

3. But there should be HEALTHY foods like salad, tofu, veggie sandwiches, yogurt, etc.

I actually liked the fat/skinny muscular/weak system in San Andreas.

It doesnt really bother me. The Fat and the skinny kinda did. But Eating and restoring helath is good to have just incase you cant find those Hearts

Although I liked the aspect of eating to regain your health in SA, I don't think it should be included in GTA4. I'd rather that we are able to do heaps of other cool stuff such as more helicopters, jetpack or something like that. I liked having pushbikes in SA. Maybe do a few more vehicles like that.

Well GTA is still a normal game at heart, start getting rid of them typical game concepts and you ruin the game altogether.

Although you people and the majority of users in this site might not agree, I liked the idea of making your character fat or skinny. I liked playing as CJ when was fat.

There should be food, but the food eating system should be reformed.

1. Eating food should NOT be a necessity for survival.

2. You should be able to get fat from eating FAT foods such as burgers, hot dogs, fried chicken, alfredo pasta, ice cream, pizza, tacos etc.

3. But there should be HEALTHY foods like salad, tofu, veggie sandwiches, yogurt, etc.

I actually liked the fat/skinny muscular/weak system in San Andreas.

i do too

i agree with you there?

thanks

gtasmodder