What nationality should the new main character be?

Bear

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This topic is kinda racist

No it isn't.

But i don't want to play as some japanese dickhead

That, however, is. You can't assume someone is a dickhead just because they are Japanese.

You obviously didnt go to school long enough to understand the word racist. This topic is not racist, we are just talking about which nationality the main character should be, thats not racist. What, just because we call someone a mexican, we're a racist? Thats not racist, because the person is from mexico. Racism is like "I dont like black people", thats racism. Please, learn the defination of a word before throwing it around loosly.

Correct. I'm so sick of people claiming racism when a topic is made like this. Because some members are too immature to deal with the topic of race, or they're just retarded. Go ahead, click on the GTA4 forum at the top of the screen and at the bottom of the page search for the word racism.

However, one can classify nationality and race as two different things, race being your heritage/color and nationality as your country/place of origin.

I personally don't care about nationality as long as he doesn't take shit from people and he's involved with the mob!

Honestly, I care more about the location than the main charecter. I'd rather have it kept in the U.S., just because I think we have alot more landmarks Rockstar could really use. So, if they keep it in the states, I think we'd just end up getting an American charecter. I'd like to have an American, maybe another Italian like in GTA III.

I think the personality of the character is more important. Liberty City Stories drove me insane because I didnt like Toni. I dont mind what nationality but I think its time that there isnt an Italian American main character as its been done enough times.

I agree with Alex2247, the Mafia theme is getting old (even though we only had it in GTA3 and LCS, VC wasn't really Mafia that much, just a touch of it which is what made it so good) and we've tried gangbanging which not a lot of people liked and now maybe a Latino/Hispanic theme would be pretty cool.

VCS isn't really going to have a real kind of theme now that I think about it. Since your not in a gang but your a drug dealer/marine (or ex-marine I don't know) and I think it's going to be a lot like Vice City where you do missions for a lot of different people: different gangs, clients, or maybe crooked cops, etc.

Edited by ArturKim21

I think GTA 4 could be more russian mafia themed. It could be very interessting if they did as it hasnt been done before and the russian mafia are in major cities like London. If the character was russian then they could start in Moscow or St. Petersburg then you leave and go to London or Washington.