What nationality should the new main character be?

Bear

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What does this have to do with the game? Nationality doesn't make any difference. This is a stupid topic as it makes no difference to the gameplay, it just sounds like the nation who the character is from want to feel bigger than everyone else.

Would people hate this game if the main character was a different nationality than one they like? If anything, THAT sounds racist.

Would people hate this game if the main character was a different nationality than one they like? If anything, THAT sounds racist.

That's perfectly resonable, labelling everything racist and prejudist from people's preference is an idiots thing to do. Some people think Vercetti is amazing others think CJ is. A fair bit of that is inevitably based on racial (and resultant native cutural) preferences whether subconcious or open. Saying that people should like all characters like that equally is no one's place to do.

What does this have to do with the game? Nationality doesn't make any difference. This is a stupid topic as it makes no difference to the gameplay, it just sounds like the nation who the character is from want to feel bigger than everyone else.

No hopefully none will care what the nationality is and wouldnt stop playing the game because they dont like the nationality. But for goodness sake lighten up, no it doesnt affect game play but does that mean every single topic that doesnt effect actual game play should be banned. Just because some is English doesnt mean they want a British character, I dont really and Im 1/2 British. This isnt a racsit topic as if you hadnt noticed no one has said that thye dont like a certain race or ethnicty.

So LIGHTEN UP!!!! Its a topic and something to talk about.

No hopefully none will care what the nationality is and wouldnt stop playing the game because they dont like the nationality. But for goodness sake lighten up, no it doesnt affect game play but does that mean every single topic that doesnt effect actual game play should be banned. Just because some is English doesnt mean they want a British character, I dont really and Im 1/2 British. This isnt a racsit topic as if you hadnt noticed no one has said that thye dont like a certain race or ethnicty.

So LIGHTEN UP!!!! Its a topic and something to talk about.

A pointless topic though, I can see why you want to defend your pointless topic but I'd like to defend the best game series ever. I'm guessing your half American, would explain the need to discuss unnecessary issues.

As I see it, if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Let the dumb American's run wild with their guns.

A pointless topic though, I can see why you want to defend your pointless topic but I'd like to defend the best game series ever. I'm guessing your half American, would explain the need to discuss unnecessary issues.

As I see it, if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Let the dumb American's run wild with their guns.

Yes I am half American, they are certainly not dumb. How is this topic pointless its just people opinions like what country it will be set in etc. If you want to talk about game play go on another topic, if you dont like this topic dont post on it as other people do. Yes Im defending my topic but I would defend other peoples topics if they had someone like you saying how pointless it is. You may think its pointless but I dont.

Yes I am half American, they are certainly not dumb. How is this topic pointless its just people opinions like what country it will be set in etc. If you want to talk about game play go on another topic, if you dont like this topic dont post on it as other people do. Yes Im defending my topic but I would defend other peoples topics if they had someone like you saying how pointless it is. You may think its pointless but I dont.

And my opinion should be listened to just the same. This is a gaming forum, and as far as I'm concerned this has nothing to do with the game. Whether the main character is American, Japanese or German I'll still play the game and I'm not going to waste my evening daydreaming about what the ideal main character will be. I just see little point in this whole discussion.

Yes your right it is a gamimg forum but none of us have played GTA 4 so we cant talk about what mission we are on. In many ways yes nationality does affect the gaming as it establishs the theme and therefore missions. Im more interessted in the stories behind the missions and the whole gta story not just the gaming part. If you dont see any point in this discussion why keep on posting. I dont post on the physics one, not because I think is pointless, which I dont as other people like to discuss it, but because I wouldnt understand it (im not great with special effects wording). Just because you dont like this subject doesnt mean other people dont.

..... and as far as I'm concerned this has nothing to do with the game. Whether the main character is American, Japanese or German I'll still play the game and I'm not going to waste my evening daydreaming about what the ideal main character will be. I just see little point in this whole discussion.

Then why the fuck did you even bother to post?

It doesn't matter what nationality to me, really. I think a Hispanic would be nice choice, seeing we have whites and blacks already.

Ok I've changed my mind about the japanese guy

I like Japanese people now because

I hated Japan because it threatend Korea and China, (some of my friends were chinese and korean)...

Then i figured out what China had done to my poor country (home country, thats Africa)

So the japs taught China a valuble lesson (extremely early, before China did such a sin)

The sin China did was give Ak-47's to people who wanted to waste Africa...

Oh and I dont want it to be Russian protagonist or Chinese protagonist

Russia did the sin China did