GTA London?

Bear

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

London is definitely the highest on the list as far as possibilities. I personally would love to see one city fully realized, but what I think they are doing is Europe. So yes on London, but actually the UK, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy and Germany at least. Maybe the islands won't be that much bigger than San Andreas, just representing whole countries, with more in-between islands like Red County, Bone County etc, but Switzerland, The Netherlands etc. instead. Again, this is not my first choice, just something I think is likely. My first choice is probably more of a GTA2 future-setting. Crackdown will probably end up sucking, so it would be cool to see R*'s take on a future world, with better game production skills and resources.

Edited by tminus

There will never be a "GTA: London" because the gta games will no longer be based on one city (the major games, not time fillers like LCS and VCS). SA had 3 cities, and the PS3 will have loads more memory, so I can expect 5, maybe 6 cities, maybe even more if they use less countryside between the cities, or if you travel the cities by plane. Of course, if they do "international", London will be one of the cities (there will never be a whole game based on London). Also if it is international, one of the cities will in america, because international doesn't mean "not in america" it means "the whole world" and america is a big part of the world.

The american city will probably be a new one, trying to portray all the major cities in america in one big city. If the main character is american, it will start in this city.

Paris will most likely be another city later in the game, not very big, like the size of San Fierro. If they use fictional names, it will probably play with the french accented pronounciation of Paris (Pah-ree) and be named something like Pahri or Paeree.

A Tokyo theme is almost as obvious as London, as they are a must in an international car game (have you seen the cars in japan?). The Yakuza will make a return if Tokyo is featured, as the Yakuza are the Japanese Mafia.

And of course, we need waving palm trees somewhere. What a better place to put them than Brazil. Brazil has alot of crime in street gangs (like a brazillian GSF), and is very similar to Miami/Vice city in that they are almost identical (in RL I have major problems telling the difference between the two).

So thats 5 cities I thought of, 3 of which are obvious. They could end it with this, but if they do a 6th city, I dont have any clues onto what it will be based on.

So this is what I expect

Urban American City, skyscrapers, mix of major cities (new)

London

Paris

Tokyo

Waving Palm Tree city (Brazil, Bahamas)

The last is up for speculation

Of course, they will all fictional names that are similar to the city they portray.

One thing's for sure, GTA IV will kill all the other GTA games, to the point that the other games will be considered "classics". Also, this episodic content I hear of mentions new areas, and you might see yourself downloading LC, VC, and SA onto your game, which will really kill the other GTA games.

• 2 weeks later...
There will never be a "GTA: London" because the gta games will no longer be based on one city (the major games, not time fillers like LCS and VCS)

Oh really? They were once, why can't they be again? GTA 4 has been proclaimed as immensely different from the current GTAIII series, so why can't that rule change?

I'm all for GTA London, in case you didn't know.

Oh really? They were once, why can't they be again? GTA 4 has been proclaimed as immensely different from the current GTAIII series, so why can't that rule change?

Ever since Take Two Interactive took control over R*, every city has held a fictional name, even after another game used it's real name in a radio or dialogue.

Example: In GTA3, Ray said he was running to "Miami", we all know that Vice City is the GTA's Miami, so in reality he was running to Vice City, however anyone who played GTA3 would say "ooh miami"

Example 2: K-Rose, "And now shes alone in New York City, living like lord I wonder how", yet we all know that Liberty City is GTA's New York.

Another reason why there won't be "GTA: London" is because its going to be based on more than one city . This is GTA 4 the "new generation" of the GTA games, London might be featured in GTA4, but there won't be a whole game based on London. If the last major GTA game consisted of three cities, why would R* change it back to one (on their major games, not the timefillers like LCS). It just doesn't make sense. I've said that there might be a London-ish setting in GTA, but it won't be the only setting.

Edited by Liberty Overlord

Another reason why there won't be "GTA: London" is because its going to be based on more than one city . This is GTA 4 the "new generation" of the GTA games, London might be featured in GTA4, but there won't be a whole game based on London. If the last major GTA game consisted of three cities, why would R* change it back to one (on their major games, not the timefillers like LCS). It just doesn't make sense. I've said that there might be a London-ish setting in GTA, but it won't be the only setting.

I don't really agree on going back to one city would be a bad thing. It might be as big or bigger than San Andreas with lots of ports to it.

Also keep in mind that with the PS3 and possibly PC, you will be downloading extra maps. So most likely, you will see yourself downloading a next gen Vice City, Liberty City, and San Andreas and adding it to your GTA4. However the Xbox 360 won't have this luxury because their "excusive content" is missions, not maps. But this will keep the PS3 players happy. And I'm sure that they will do the same for PC, since PC=Computer=Internet.

I think it will be a good idea,but not just London,other cities from England like Manchester,Liverpool....I`m thinking that GTA 4 wil have 5 cities from England or more.The year I hope is 2006 or 2007 but who knows? It will be the game of the year like previous GTAs.

• 2 weeks later...