Do you think there could be a female main character?

Bear

Well before San Andreas came out there were very few African Americans that played Grand Theft Auto. When Vice City came out, I might have seen 1 African American purchasing it. When San Andreas came out it was half and half.

Um, excuse me? That is just not true. Not true at all. I'll have you know that back in 2001, when GTA 3 came out, nearly everyone I knew who played it just happened to be black. I'll also have you know that the people who introduced me to GTA via GTA 3 were black. I don't know where you live, but where I live, GTA was very popular with the black community long before the release of San Andreas. So you're extremely misinformed if you seriously think that.

Edited by Liberty Overlord

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with LO, to the generation that plays GTA doesent matter if the main char is black, white or yellow. It didnt seem weired to me at all when SA came out with African American as the main char.

Ok, so then it wont be weird for a female character.

It doesn't really make a difference what race your character is...

Ok, then neither does gender.

I just caught you guys in a corner. IT DOES NOT MATTER IF ITS GENDER, RACE WHATEVER, the fans will like the GTA games either way. You guys just proved that by disagreeing with my "statement".

Not even wasting my time quoting anymore, I'll just make a few quick outlines.

1. ANYONE can have a background story....

2. A LOT of females play GTA. MOST of the females I know like the game. Are they as into it as my male GTA friends? No. But not because they are female, it just happens to be personal taste((one or two are laid-back gamers and a few are into slightly different types of games)).

3. There may have been a lot of black people playing GTA, but I assure you, the release of San Andreas DID increase the numbers.

4. The ONLY male customers Rockstar will lose are IGNORANT MIS-INFORMED SEXIST ARROGANT ASSHOLES, kind of like half the people in this topic.

I'm done in here for now.

I think R* should include a character generator, they introduced stats in Sa, why not customize the character, play the character like the dude from GTA 3 no talking and it would be easy, and or if they had speak have both male and female voices available. Sure the game is/would be huge, but with the next gens and vista who cares.

I dont mind if the main character in GTA 4 will be a female but it would be weird because in the previous GTAs all the main characters are male gender. It should be cool if the main char will be Tommy V's daughter. But thats my opinion and I'm sure a lot of people would prefere the male version of the character just to keep the tradition...

I dont mind if the main character in GTA 4 will be a female but it would be weird because in the previous GTAs all the main characters are male gender. It should be cool if the main char will be Tommy V's daughter. But thats my opinion and I'm sure a lot of people would prefere the male version of the character just to keep the tradition...

Well before SA there were only white males...did you think that was weird?

someone convinced me that a female is as tough as a male,but It`s kind of weird for GTA,just like the Character Customization.Why R* didn`t put a female character in previous GTAs?I think the character should be male,just like al previous GTAs.

You haven't played the original gta have you? :thumbsdown: Though not, due to the fact there were MULTIPLE female characters in it. You just Failed...

HA! :lolbounce:

I agree with LO, to the generation that plays GTA doesent matter if the main char is black, white or yellow. It didnt seem weired to me at all when SA came out with African American as the main char.

Ok, so then it wont be weird for a female character.

It doesn't really make a difference what race your character is...

Ok, then neither does gender.

I just caught you guys in a corner. IT DOES NOT MATTER IF ITS GENDER, RACE WHATEVER, the fans will like the GTA games either way. You guys just proved that by disagreeing with my "statement".

Uhh.. how'd you catch me in a corner if I mention I don't really care whether or not the character is female or male, after thinking about it? :rolleyes:

Oh my god, how can pixels turn you on. I find that pretty strange. Women arent just pretty things for you to drowl over shockingly enough

Yeah, some of the replies in here are a little disturbing. Good to see someone making there voice heard Bear, top job.

As for all this, I'm not sure about whether a female character will be the way to go or not. There male main characters approach so far as paid off well, and theres no saying how implementing a female character will go not only for fans but for critics of the gaming series too. We've seen how they have taken many other new features of GTA games, hidden or not.

From what I have seen there fan base for GTA consists of just as many females as males. The center of most movies for example, that resemble a typical GTA game, is a male main character trying to get revenge or take over something with objects. But Rockstar are all about 'NEW', so lets see how it goes. As for me, I think it will be just as interesting either way.

I would like that GTA IV has something with Vice City.I mean,it would be great if we meet Tommy Vercetti again in GTA IV.Our main character should be an Italian guy and Tommy his contact.

P.S.Never let a female do the job!!!

Edited by Salvatore

I would like that GTA IV has something with Vice City.I mean,it would be great if we meet Tommy Vercetti again in GTA IV.Our main character should be an Italian guy and Tommy his contact.

P.S.Never let a female do the job!!!

hem hem why is that may I ask? Are you one of these cavemen that think women arent tough

Yeah Salvatore, as much as I respect the fact everyone has their own opinion on the matter, you comment did sound a little sexist to me. You have to respect that there are also female GTA fans on this site. Thats my opinion anyway, we all have our opinions but in situations like these you need to what how you say put for that opinion.

Id say yes because my new Final Fantasy was X-2, the protagonists are female, and they ,like, kick so much ass? Those girls in X-2 had the ability to kill something over 10x their size.

Spaz I 100% agree with you, but it will take around 2 more you's to take out these gay sexists. And also guess, FF7 is like the most popular FF around and it has a girl named "Tifa" in it, and she has like, over 10 million fans!!!!!!

Edited by Samiam3