Ok this is getting on my nerves now

tx3000

Since this revolves around this specific topic then I don't see the problem with expressing it in here

NOTE BEFORE READING:

Now don't get me wrong with this topic, I like mods and hacks just as much as the next gammer and have created and hosted and have had hosted quite a few myself. But when I start seeing people telling others not to do not to do what they themselves just did is where I draw the line. So please keep this in mind when reading the information below..Now I'm not mad this is just more so to put things into perspective so people get the picture of why I'm saying what I am

Thanks

As I was skimming through the forum I came across this reply

Hi did you know if you go to www.gta-downloads.com they have a section with all files from san andreas including main.scm ect

Newsflash

That is blatent piracy.

Thats like posting the source code for windows or posting roms for emulators

..It's totally illegal!

Anyway if these files are up on a site, then not one person who creates and hosts a mod anywhere, has the right to tell anyone where and where they can't post or alter the mods they make without permission

Sorry its the same exact thing...

No one owns the rights to open source. Once you put something up somewhere free to the public, you have no say in what happens to it after that.

Who does what with it, where they put it or anything else like that is no ,longer you're concern and you cannot be telling anyone what they can do with it.

That's like a car dealer selling you a car and then telling you where you can and cannot drive it or what gas you can put in it or allowing any type of modification

And these mods are no differnt ok for example I have a Vice city mod that I converted to San Andreas

Now according to what everyone says about a mod being theirs lets apply that to this here: Now even though I didn't outright create it according to what people say in there readme's it would be my mod. because It is no longer a vice city mod Its now a San andreas mod Since I did all the conversion worktherefore its mine. So I could claim its mine and take all the credit for it just like everyone who creates any mod.

You see the situation is exactly the same as someone taking apart a txd or dff from the main img file from GTA and reconfiguring it to house a from sratch mod but the thing is its not from scratch what they ahve done is used the base outline from something that was already created for them, they just altared it. Because without the initial txd or dff or both to work with then no one would be able to insert and use things they make into a GTA game.....

FYI I do not need permission from anyone to host anything..If i want to host you people's mods where I want when I want then I'm going to..Even if i don't include the credit or try to say its mine or even have a web site set up that you need to pay for to register to get at it then I do not need anyone's permission to do to have or host open source myself

Sorry but There is nothing anyone of you people can do about it.....

If you people are that paranoid about it then a simple solution would be to:

STOP HOSTING MODS

P.S. There is nothing anyone will reply with that justifies someone trying to copyright open source and that's not theirs to begin with..Nothing

So save you're typing because you are preaching to the choir

If anyone can say anything it would be Rockstar

So let me put this whole thing into perspective for people

Did you people get Rockstar's permission to post these files 1st before posting them...No

No company in their right mind if you called them up and asked to host the original files for a program would say yes - Unless you paid them quite a bit of money

As I said having original files up on a site somewhere and then people trying to claim ownership on open source for something they are trying to claim as their own (when already proved its not) is the same exact thing (it's not even simillar it is the exact same thing)

Edited by tx3000

what the hell are you talking about?

Uploading original files for a game is fine, as long as you own the game. if you would have bothered to check gta-downloads, you'll see its not EVERY file in SA for download, its the main ones you may mess up when modding. and also, it says 'creator - Rockstar'. not 'creator - some guy'.

the only thing illegal, is if you post were to download v2 to v1 cracks (no-cd) or the whole game.

n00b trying to make a name for himself and get a sticky alert!

Edited by harlen

If , for example i had downloaded a VC mod, and Converted it to work in SA, i would at least have the comon courtesy to, in the readme, include the author of the file from which mine had originated. Ever used FPS Creator? there are a bunch of downloadable models commision free for use on the FPSC forums, sure i've downloade a few, and always, i include a credit to the creator of any model i use in any file i create. If someone took a mod you'd created and converted it to, for example, SA and took every living shred of credit for the entirity of the mod, would you be happy to accept that???

Also, well done harlen for making your post. When you buy a game/program, you are paying for a liscence to use those fles, so long as you do not duplicate and distibute the liscence that is fine. ( don't quote me on it though) :unsure:

Also i agree with the 'sticky n00b' comment.;)

You want a REAL metaphor to make your point, that car salesman one really sucks. Here is a feasable metaphor. Say a car company, Ford, for example, bought a Vauxhall and crowbarred (possibly the best verb ever!) off the Griffin badge and plastered a Ford one in it's place. Despite the fact the calipers, intakes, catalytic converter, driveshaft, fan belt, steering servos, clutch cable etc. were either bough or produced by Vauxhall, it's a ford now is it?

(one word answers only please) <_<

Dont get me wrong, hypocrits should be shot, i should know, i am one... :blink::w00t:

Edited by Pyronoodle

That is blatent piracy.

Thats like posting the source code for windows or posting roms for emulators

..It's totally illegal!

What? The original files on GTA-Downloads are there for backup purposes only. If you screwed up one file in your game and didn't make a backup, would you want to re-install the whole game?

Also, roms/emulators aren't illeagal in all situations. For example, if you own a copy of Driver 2 and a PS1/PS2, it's perfectly legal to download a ROM and emulator for them. Also, if the game is not sold in stores anymore or the company has released the source code, ROMs are fine.

Anyway if these files are up on a site, then not one person who creates and hosts a mod anywhere, has the right to tell anyone where and where they can't post or alter the mods they make without permission

Yes I do. If I say that my mod is only for a specific site's download section, then it damn well only better be on that one site unless I give permission. That car analogy is stupid. I'm letting them use my mod. I'm not completely giving it to them or "selling" it to them.

No one owns the rights to open source. Once you put something up somewhere free to the public, you have no say in what happens to it after that.

Who does what with it, where they put it or anything else like that is no ,longer you're concern and you cannot be telling anyone what they can do with it.

Yes, actually, you do have a say. Firefox is open source. If Mozilla corporation wanted to rename it to something like the "Buttplug Browser" then they could do that. If someone modifies one of my mods on their own computer, that's fine, but they need my permission to release it to the public. It's my mod. I didn't say they could edit it. I didn't release it under the fucking GNU license.

And these mods are no differnt ok for example I have a Vice city mod that I converted to San Andreas

Now according to what everyone says about a mod being theirs lets apply that to this here: Now even though I didn't outright create it according to what people say in there readme's it would be my mod. because It is no longer a vice city mod Its now a San andreas mod Since I did all the conversion worktherefore its mine. So I could claim its mine and take all the credit for it just like everyone who creates any mod.

No, it wouldn't be your mod. It should say something in the readme/description like:

Original mod by: mod creator

Converted to different game by: Converter

You see the situation is exactly the same as someone taking apart a txd or dff from the main img file from GTA and reconfiguring it to house a from sratch mod but the thing is its not from scratch what they ahve done is used the base outline from something that was already created for them, they just altared it. Because without the initial txd or dff or both to work with then no one would be able to insert and use things they make into a GTA game.....

Yes, it is from scratch. If somebody is re-doing the textures of a house, they are doing it from scratch. The modder found the textures, the modder converted them to the right size, the modder saved them in the correct format, the modder imported the new textures into the .txd file, and the modder put the new .txd file in one of the .IMG archives. The modder did all of the work, and the mod is from scratch. BTW what are you on? People can also make their own vehicles without using a Rockstar .dff or .txd. Ever heard of ZModeler or 3DS Max? People use those all the time to make their own .dff files and other various programs such as TXD Workshop to make their own .txd files.

FYI I do not need permission from anyone to host anything..If i want to host you people's mods where I want when I want then I'm going to..Even if i don't include the credit or try to say its mine or even have a web site set up that you need to pay for to register to get at it then I do not need anyone's permission to do to have or host open source myself

Well, you could do that, but remember...sites that host without permission get blacklisted. Sites that get blacklisted are denied permission to host future mods, but said site does it anyway. Said site becomes unpopular and boring. Unpopular site hosts stolen mods that nobody downloads. Dead site shuts down. And quit with this whole "open source" bullshit. Open source is when someone releases both the program and the "source" code of the program. So for it to be truly open source, I'd have to release the source of the mod, so stuff like the pictures used for the textures, the .txt format of the modified main.scm, etc...would have to be included. People can decomple the main.scm and open the .txds themselves, but that doesn't make it open source.

If you people are that paranoid about it then a simple solution would be to:

STOP HOSTING MODS

Brilliant. Simply brilliant. Bring down the modding community because you think that there can't be restrictions on mods.

If anyone can say anything it would be Rockstar

So let me put this whole thing into perspective for people

Did you people get Rockstar's permission to post these files 1st before posting them...No

Hey, douche, last I checked Rockstar openly supports modding.

Stupid people shouldn't have so much free time.

Brilliant. Simply brilliant. Bring down the modding community because you think that there can't be restrictions on mods.

yeah thats the perfect solution, tx3000!!!!.... what a tard. LOL chris82, aint tx3000 smart???

and umm what is this guy even talking about and why is he saying it? i know its a point, but its useless and its wrong and why does he care?

Edited by tilly

Hey, douche, last I checked Rockstar openly supports modding.

OK I TRIED BEING NICE ABOUT THIS BUT I CAN SEE YOU'RE JUST AN IGNORANT IDIOT WHO HAS NO EDUCATION IN THE LAW FIELD SO LET ME EDUCATE YOU A LITTLE ABOUT HOW COPY RIGHT WORKS:

And if you still think I'm wrong or want to disagree then call the attorney general and get the low down on what is considered copyright infringment

because you have no conception about piracy

I never said Rockstar didn't support modding--What I said was that the files being posted are piracy

Bottom line is that if you didn't get STRICT WRITTEN permission from rockstar themselves and paid to have the licence of distibution then you can't say JACK to owning a mod..

1) One person in rockstar can't authorize the release of files it has to be the consent of everyone in the team and then you need the owners permission...then ther are the lawyers..and the list goes on

2) You can't use base items that were created by someone else that people pay for and then try to make the claim that things you are basing that item off of is yours

3) What the hell kind of comment is this:

[qoute]Yes I do. If I say that my mod is only for a specific site's download section, then it damn well only better be on that one site unless I give permission. That car analogy is stupid. I'm letting them use my mod. I'm not completely giving it to them or "selling" it to them.

A) If the material being used is based off of what soemoen else did then it's not YOU'RE MOD

B) Who the hell are you to say who can and cannot host something that doesn't even belong to you to begin with

C) I got news for you, You cannot stop anyone anywhere from posting mods even if you made them,

YOU DO NOT OWN THE RIGHTS TO A MOD......its like trying to copyright a stage illusion or the word vampire or wearwolf.......IT DOES NOT BELONG TO YOU AND PEOPLE DO NOT NEED YOU'RE PERMISSION TO DO SOMETHING WITH SOMETHING THAT YOU DO NOT OWN

Just like marvel comics and DC comics....AN artist can create whatever hero they want but they are not allowed to do with them what they will because IT'S NOT THEIRS its property of Marvel comics.

MODS ARE THE SAME WAY...YOU DO NOT OWN THEM...NO ONE DOES

You people seem to have no problems distributing the files to where ever you want....

So why you trying to say what you don't have to do others do..

Who the hell are you to be saying THEY BETTER NOT BE ANYWHERE ELSE

So what if they are...you don't own anything on the net....

PS--Read the FBI Warning at the begining of a video (DVD, VCD< or VHS tape) and then apply that to the site hosting the files as well as the mods on a site you are trying to claim you own - because that FBI warning applies to this and if you think it doesn't then you need to learn about the copyright laws

Then you will see how and why I am right

OK I TRIED BEING NICE ABOUT THIS BUT I CAN SEE YOU'RE JUST AN IGNORANT IDIOT WHO HAS NO EDUCATION IN THE LAW FIELD SO LET ME EDUCATE YOU A LITTLE ABOUT HOW COPY RIGHT WORKS:

And if you still think I'm wrong or want to disagree then call the attorney general and get the low down on what is considered copyright infringment

because you have no conception about piracy

OK I TRIED BEING NICE ABOUT THIS BUT I CAN SEE YOU'RE JUST AN IGNORANT IDIOT WHO HAS NO IDEA WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT, WHAT THE PERSON WHO MAKES A MOD CAN DO, OR HOW TO TURN OFF CAPS LOCK ONCE IN A WHILE

And if you still think I'm wrong or want to disagree then call the attorney general and get the low down on how he has better things to do then worry about why an annoying person who doesn't want peoples' mods protected from theft is trolling a modding forum

because you have no conception about piracy and the fact that theft is a synonym for piracy, which is what it's called when some jackass steals mods

I never said Rockstar didn't support modding--What I said was that the files being posted are piracy

Bottom line is that if you didn't get STRICT WRITTEN permission from rockstar themselves and paid to have the licence of distibution then you can't say JACK to owning a mod..

Oh really now? Well, if they support modding, they can't really do anything about people modding their files and posting them online, or else they would be contradicting themselves. Besides, even if the files were "piracy," you can't run the game with just one of those files. If someone hosted for download, the 518 files that make up GTA: San Andreas, exclusively including the .exe, for free without permission, that's piracy. Someone hosting a modified version of the handling.cfg that lets you drive on walls? No.

Also, if I decided to fire up ZModeler, whip up a car, find textures or make them and apply them to the car, I own the mod.

1) One person in rockstar can't authorize the release of files it has to be the consent of everyone in the team and then you need the owners permission...then ther are the lawyers..and the list goes on

You pretty authorize the release of files when you release the game.

You can't use base items that were created by someone else that people pay for and then try to make the claim that things you are basing that item off of is yours

Um...what? So you're saying I can't use oldgaragesfse.txd and replace every texture to make the garage in San Fierro new?

Why the hell not? They're not textures Rockstar created. Why shouldn't I be able to do that. They didn't pay for that.

A) If the material being used is based off of what soemoen else did then it's not YOU'RE MOD

cool.gif Who the hell are you to say who can and cannot host something that doesn't even belong to you to begin with

C) I got news for you, You cannot stop anyone anywhere from posting mods even if you made them,

YOU DO NOT OWN THE RIGHTS TO A MOD......its like trying to copyright a stage illusion or the word vampire or wearwolf.......IT DOES NOT BELONG TO YOU AND PEOPLE DO NOT NEED YOU'RE PERMISSION TO DO SOMETHING WITH SOMETHING THAT YOU DO NOT OWN

Based off of something someone else did? How so? The above linked mod is not based off of the way texture maker fill-in-the-blank at Rockstar North decided to make the textures. Did he use Paint Shop Pro? Or Photoshop? Did he find them on Google, or did he take them with a camera? I don't know, and I don't care. The only thing that my custom textures have in common with Rockstar's are their names, and that's because if they didn't share names, they wouldn't work.

Again, if I make a car in Zmodeler, I own it. If I make a 3D model of a car for San Andreas, Rockstar doesn't own it, I do. I made it. It doesn't use Rockstar's files, I own it. And I can decide where it's hosted.

Then again, I'm not saying I have legal support. But as previously stated, sites that steal mods just fail. Nobody likes to be affiliated with a place where they feel insecure with their work.

Just like marvel comics and DC comics....AN artist can create whatever hero they want but they are not allowed to do with them what they will because IT'S NOT THEIRS its property of Marvel comics.

MODS ARE THE SAME WAY...YOU DO NOT OWN THEM...NO ONE DOES

You people seem to have no problems distributing the files to where ever you want....

So why you trying to say what you don't have to do others do..

Who the hell are you to be saying THEY BETTER NOT BE ANYWHERE ELSE

So you're saying the word hero and the very idea of what a hero is is copyrighted? No, an artist can create a hero. It's not copyrighted. It becomes a matter of ownership when said artist uses a Marvel hero in his work and publishes it or has one of his created characters interact with a copyrighted one.

So what if they are...you don't own anything on the net....

Now this is where my bullshit detector really goes off. If I draw a picture in Photoshop, I own it. If I make a song using Audacity, I own it. If I create a side-scrolling, sprite-based game, I own it. If I create a Flash intro to my website, I own it. If you make it, you own it. End of fucking story.

PS--Read the FBI Warning at the begining of a video (DVD, VCD< or VHS tape) and then apply that to the site hosting the files as well as the mods on a site you are trying to claim you own - because that FBI warning applies to this and if you think it doesn't then you need to learn about the copyright laws

Then you will see how and why I am right

Yes, it prevents the unauthorized reproduction/distribution/exhibition/etc... of movies. Well, first of all, I'm not reproducing/distribution/exhibitioning the game. I'm "exhibitioning" a few of the files that someone who doesn't own the game in the first place can't even use.

Second, even if it was deemed by law that I was reproducing/distributing/exhibitioning the game, Rockstar, as you know, supports modding. When you support that, it's implied that reproducing/distributing/exhibitioning parts of the game is authorized.

And stop PMing me about this. If I make it, I own it. And it's not open-source for the last time. Free doesn't always mean open-source, buddy.

u keep talking out you're ass chris

You seriously don't know what you're talking about.

You are making stuff up and then trying to make it fact you really need what certain terms mean because you are doing nothing but making a fool out of yourself by talking about what you don't know

I can go on and on with this but until you learn that:

Everyone is sibject to Copyright infringement THIS INCLUDES THE MAKERS OF THE GAME

You are having a serious problem grasping this simple concept:

UNLESS PEOPLE HAVE AUTHORIZED CONSENT (WRITTEN AND OR PAID FOR WITH PROOF) FROM ROCKSTAR TO DO ANYTHING WITH ANY PART OF THEIR GAME...THEN THEY ARE IN VIOLATION OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT AS PER FEDERAL LAW.....PERIOD

Yes you are correct that if, anyone creates mods or whatever, then yes they own it, but they don't own the rights to it - Unless you pay for the rights to it and or the patent on that item, then it won't do anyone any good to try to claim ownership on something and or tell people what they can or can't do with it.

You may not like this and can disagree with it all you want to, but regardless of what anyone says, it all comes down to the payment for the copyright and or the patent...

You are arguing FEDERAL LAW at this point

If you don't have paid patent, copyrights, and or have Rockstar's consent, then you have nothing

Thank you end of story

Edited by tx3000

Under copyright and piracy laws if they wanted to they have every right to not only have the site hosting these files on be taken down but to own it after that and or sue the person and web master but go to jail and get a minimal of a $25,000 - $100,000 fine

Riiight. I'm sure Rockstar is going to siphon the popularity of its games by taking down all modding websites, prosecuting modders, and closing their games to modding. Even if they did do this, they would lose a lot of popularity.

Yes you do own the mod...I'm not arguing that......

What you seem to not understand is that OWNING something and owning the rights to it are not the same thing

Really? That's difficult, because in your last post you talked about both, in the same sentence, interchangeably.

THE ONLY TIME YOU CAN TELL ANYONE WHAT TO DO WITH SOMETHING...IS WHEN YOU HAVE PAID FOR THE PATENT AND COPYRIGHT OWNERS RIGHTS

Well nobody has ever gotten sued when they stole a GTA mod, but the fact that they act like assholes is more than enough to keep their popularity down and reputation bad.

Produce the payment for the patent and copyrights then I can't say anything...until then yes if its up on the net free it doesn't belong to you..(Sure you can say it does) but your words don't pay for anything...money does

That's all fine. If somebody steals a GTA mod and doesn't give proper credit, 99.9% of the time the modder won't hire a lawyer. Besides, charging for a mod is not only illegal, but some modders, like myself, see it as unethical. I would never charge for one of my mods even if the law allowed it. Mods should be free for anyone to download, as long as credit is maintained.

Why do you think Knapster got ripped down and you have to pay for it now.. Samething that happened with the source code for Microsoft windows...that guy that leaked that got sued and every site that had the code up on it got either taken down or the files had to be removed

Well, Napster got taken down because fat record execs were tired of people finding another way to get music instead of paying $20+ for a hard copy of 10-15 songs. But since somebody rebought Napster at an auction (and by "bought Napster," I mean "bought the rights to the name, logo, etc...") and turned it into a pay service, everybody thinks the same thing is going to happen to FastTrack, Gnutella, etc...but in reality, even if it does, people will just keep creating new P2P networks. You can't stop it.

And you know why I don't use iTunes or Napster? Napster doesn't work with my iPod, and iTunes is a sluggish, memory-hogging piece of shit, that includes "FairPlay" DRM. DRM is one of the biggest crocks of shit ever thought up. Once I pay the 99 cents, I should be able to have that song forever, on any computer, on any device that supports the format, etc...and not limited to five "authorized" computers. So when I switched from iTunes to WinAmp, I found that all songs I downloaded on iTunes wouldn't play. So I had to re-download them elsewhere. DRM sucks. iTunes sucks. Napster sucks. And Kazaa is going to suck even more. It's going from adware-filled resource hog, to Napster-pay-copycat-service.

Also, about leaking the Windows source code. Yeah, horrible. Look, I'm not a Windows hater. I like Windows. I won't lie. I use it because it's stable for me, and because, unlike other operating systems, it's compatible with nearly everything they aren't. Maybe I just use it because I'm a gamer. But there's a lot of games...

Maybe they know about this and don't care, maybe they don't know about it...but you ahve totally missed the point that if they wanted to they can force the removal and sue the person adn place them in prison if they want...to...thats the point

Don't know about this? They have a full webring of modding sites on their websites and in the little books included with each GTA game, and they also send the bigger sites (including this one) GTA-related swag around the release time of a game.

Well, regardless of all that, I refuse to discuss law and whatnot anymore in this topic. The bottom line is, if someone steals a mod of mine, I might not have legal backup, but he loses my respect and the respect of most hard-working modders.

Let me simplfy this even furthur for you

UNLESS PEOPLE HAVE AUTHORIZED CONSENT (WRITTEN AND OR PAID FOR WITH PROOF) FROM WHOEVER THEY ARE GETTING THEIR STUFF FROM TO DO ANYTHING WITH ANY PART OF THEIR ITEM...THEN THEY ARE IN VIOLATION OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT AS PER FEDERAL LAW.....PERIOD

And the reason knopaster got shut down and you now have to pay for it is because of piracy....

The deffinition of piracy is the redistibution (In any form) of copyrighted and or patented material.

And here is some inside info about knapster for you that you are not aware of.

When knapster went back up the people whos songs were federally copyright infringed got court backing to be track down and found and anyone who had stuff downloaded to their computer, to get back the money the artists lost due to piracy, well it turned out that they found a few of them and this one girl they nailed had over 3000 songs on her computer from there...guess what the fine she got was....

$5000.00 PER SONG---you do the math on the whole fine

This was just one instance..there are about 4-10 more with knapster and 100's of others on various other things

BTW this was done 1-2 years AFTER knapster was shut down and back up and running....

So if you still want to debate about law and you wanting to be right then try finding those people that got fined after the fact for what you are saying is legal...then you might wake up....

Edited by tx3000

Let me simplfy this even furthur for you

UNLESS PEOPLE HAVE AUTHORIZED CONSENT (WRITTEN AND OR PAID FOR WITH PROOF) FROM WHOEVER THEY ARE GETTING THEIR STUFF FROM TO DO ANYTHING WITH ANY PART OF THEIR ITEM...THEN THEY ARE IN VIOLATION OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT AS PER FEDERAL LAW.....PERIOD

And the reason knopaster got shut down and you now have to pay for it is because of piracy....

The deffinition of piracy is the redistibution (In any form) of copyrighted and or patented material.

And here is some inside info about knapster for you that you are not aware of.

When knapster went back up the people whos songs were federally copyright infringed got court backing to be track down and found and anyone who had stuff downloaded to their computer, to get back the money the artists lost due to piracy, well it turned out that they found a few of them and this one girl they nailed had over 3000 songs on her computer from there...guess what the fine she got was....

$5000.00 PER SONG---you do the math on the whole fine

This was just one instance..there are about 4-10 more with knapster and 100's of others on various other things

BTW this was done 1-2 years AFTER knapster was shut down and back up and running....

So if you still want to debate about law and you wanting to be right then try finding those people that got fined after the fact for what you are saying is legal...then you might wake up....

As, I said before, I'm not going to discuss the matter anymore. I know what I am and what I'm not allowed to do. It's done. Put to rest on here.

And by the way, it's Napster and not knapster or knopaster or however you like to spell it.

Wy would ya won't san an pc if you are not aloud to mod. The way san andreas is coded is like it's meant to be moded. It doesn't have hard coded textures. but simpel txd files. You are making a crime if you sell mods without having permission from rockstar. But no modder get's paid. That makes it legal. Kazaa is legal because your alloud to disstribute stuff if you don't get any profit of it. it's p to p so it's like lending a friend your game and that makes it legal. It says that it's illegal if you crack it and you don't poses a orinal copy. And distributing cracks is illegal to. If 1 edit's a car that rockstar made and claims they made it. that may be illegal. But if they would sue them, eventuelly less ppl would probebly buy gta, since buying pc version is mainly for moding.

But if you really wont to know... Call there helpdesk or something. You not liking mods wont stop ppl of making them. Untill now, no 1 on this topic agrees. Even if it may be illegal. It's a minor thing. Modding is fine and I hope ppl will continue making them. If you don't like it. Put your to in your mouth and live with it.

have a nice day

As I said before when anyone here is able to produce the proper paper documents that they paid for authorized by Rockstar allowing them to use copyrighted material then you all may not like it but you are arguing with federal law guys

ANY SECTION OF A COPYRIGHTED and OR PATENTED REDISTRIBUTED PART OR WHOLE TO THE PUBLIC WITHOUT AUTHROIZATION IS COPYRIGHT INFRINGMENT

It takes a lot of time and money to get something copyrighted you need:

1st you have to have researchers go find out if what you want marketed is already in existence somewhere else in the world or if theree is some law that allows you to reproduce something you want protected--

Once you get through this step which is the hardest

You then have to:

To pay for the patent

Pay for the patent rights

Pay for the copyright

Get it noterized

and then Appraised

then have it accepted

Cost is between $5000 - $10,000 thats an estimate

and if you want to use something like this you need to pay the person for compensation

And since none of you did this with the mods you made...then guess what

You really cannot tell anyone what to do with them

now if you people can produce the proper federal documents that say no one can use this without you're permission then talk to me and then you can say you need you're permission - but until then if you post anything without the proper documentaion then its for anyone to do what they want to it where they want when they want and there is not a damn thing that you can do about it

Plain and simple...if you haven't paid to have an item protected by the standards above then anyone can do what they want with it---especially if you post it for download on the net...and I can tell you outright that you wouldn't be able to charge for this either.

Either get the mod protected or stop posting them for people to get access to them its that simple

If you don't then it don't matter what anyone says - people can do what they want with it where they want too