What year should it be based in?

Well if they do the same thing they did with the "III" trilogy, GTAIV (Part I) will be set in the year 2007, just like a lot of you are saying. Then Part II of GTAIV will most likely be based some time before GTAIV (Part I). I'm guessing that if they do the prequel thing again, Part II and Part III will be based in the 1960s and in the 1970s...I'm not sure if Rockstar would use the 1980s and 1990s again. As for a GTA based in the future, possible, but I don't think it's gonna happen. I don't find it possible not because of the radio station thing, they could have all "classic" stations, but because they might end up running into the game later in the series and it could possibly f*** it up.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well just thinking about it rockstar have got ideas of the gta games out of movies around the time they choose, For example in Vice City they used the diaz empire out of Scarface and in San Andreas they used info out of menace II society so are there in major movies out in the present time that they would use to get ideas from???

• 2 weeks later...
Since the new years came, it's gonna be in 2008. Rockstar added a new charater who is gonna be the main one who ur gonna play as.

Well at least someone said 2008, they might use 2007 but R* wouldnt use the same year it was brought out, so ethier 2008 or 2006, 2007 would be stupid

Since the new years came, it's gonna be in 2008. Rockstar added a new charater who is gonna be the main one who ur gonna play as.

Well at least someone said 2008, they might use 2007 but R* wouldnt use the same year it was brought out, so ethier 2008 or 2006, 2007 would be stupid

That's what they did for GTA III...

I would have to say it's pretty much fact that it's gonna be 2007 based on Rockstar's tradition with bringing in the new "trilogy", I guess you could say. I'm pretty sure the year for "Grand Theft Auto" was based on the time it came out as well. The better question is "What year is GTAIV part 2 gonna be based in?"

Well just thinking about it rockstar have got ideas of the gta games out of movies around the time they choose, For example in Vice City they used the diaz empire out of Scarface and in San Andreas they used info out of menace II society so are there in major movies out in the present time that they would use to get ideas from???

What about The Departed? They could use some ideas from that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...