Sign in to follow this  
MarlenesFutureDad

Rock and Roll is on life support

With the rising population of wiggers, rock and roll is dying

I agree with you, tommy vercetti guy. We've got wiggers, white people pretending to be Asian, white people pretending to be Latino/Latina, and white people pretending they're aliens and joining cults that kill themselves with poisoned Kool-Aid. Who needs rock and roll when we can listen to music from the culture they we are trying to emulate? Personally, I'm a global citizen first, a Canadian second, and a hamlet dweller last so I feel that world beat music will become the most popular genre of music either in or around the year 2010.

I agree with you, tommy vercetti guy. We've got wiggers, white people pretending to be Asian, white people pretending to be Latino/Latina, and white people pretending they're aliens and joining cults that kill themselves with poisoned Kool-Aid. Who needs rock and roll when we can listen to music from the culture they we are trying to emulate? Personally, I'm a global citizen first, a Canadian second, and a hamlet dweller last so I feel that world beat music will become the most popular genre of music either in or around the year 2010.

Let me repeat myself.

You can't predict for shit. Predicting the future is NOT saying what you want to happen. And the majority of the world is trying to emulate gangster bullshit. So that would be rap. Not world beat music. Nice try, though.

Why can't you be a little more open, there? And listen to MUSIC, not MUSIC GENRES. Don't pick one genre to listen to. That's just f***-witted and retarded. Listen to music as a whole. I listen to metal, funk, blues, j-rock, FUNK-METAL((LONG LIVE THE GREATEST GENRE EVER CREATED)), black metal, death metal, techno, celtic rock, ambient, etc.

That isn't my entire list. So don't try to knock it. I listen to almost EVERYTHING.

After carefully dissecting your posts, Ryan, I've come to the conclusion that you're crazy and have no idea what you're talking about.

First post. Those three cartoons shaping the post-rock generation? Kenny the Shark's already been cancelled. Though I guess you don't see that when you think that all electronics and entertainment in the future will be purely educational and get a hard-on when you hear the words "Discovery Channel" and "World-beats." You don't seem to realize that the information you received is from an unofficial wiki-one that any asshole can edit and/or add MS Paint drawings to depicting Rock and Roll's metaphorical tombstone.

Second post. Still quoting the wiki and thinking that people in the future will be so nerdy that they'd rather read text then see an actual girl.

Third post. I never mentioned neoliberalism. What I meant was that being brought up to say "African-American" instead of "black" and teachers encouraging this is screwing up the kids.

Fourth post. 99% of future predictions are bullshit. Hell, in the 70s people believed we'd all be using flying cars by 2000. Backwoods farmers have always been sexist, racist, gay-bashing Christians leaning to the right wing. What makes you think they'll change in the next 200 years?

Fifth post. I've got your "dystopian classical music" right here. Use Winamp or something similar and play both Beethoven's 5th and Snoop Dogg's "Ain't Nothin' but a G Thang" at the same time. People rapping to violins. WTF?

Sixth post. Finally cited your sources for this...information.

Seventh post. You've seriously lost it now. I agree with tilly and Spaz. Stay off of the pipe and go get help. Ideas from dreams? Spirit guides? Are you some misguided psychic? But then again, we all know that repeating synthesized sounds make "2+2=4" easier to remember than "Hit me baby one more time!"

Last post. Global citizen, eh? This is not happy fairy candy land where all countries are one and all people are one. Be proud to be apart of your country. When someone asks you where you're from, don't be "cute" and say "Earth." Say "Canada." Say what you're meant to say.

You're seriously telling me that in less than four years, everyone will listen to a sort of "deformed" house music with non-English lyrics? Uh-huh.

See, lyrics are big importance to me. Even if a song has a great melody, but you can't hear the words clearly, I'd rather prefer a decent melody where I can hear the lyrics clearly. For example, Children Of Bodom have awesome tunes imo, but I still would prefer DragonForce because I can hear and understand the words clearly, although they don't have that good melody.

So I ain't gonna accept any world beat music for simple reason: I can't sing it! And I believe everybody likes to sing their favourite song, atleast the main tune. So imo, world beat music is never gonna b even popular, not taking the world.

Yeah, good point.

It's a little sad to see Rock going down like it is, but it is gradual and it is starting to pick up again imo.

Rock doesn't seem to be making the same impact as it did.

After carefully dissecting your posts, Ryan, I've come to the conclusion that you're crazy and have no idea what you're talking about.

First post. Those three cartoons shaping the post-rock generation? Kenny the Shark's already been cancelled. Though I guess you don't see that when you think that all electronics and entertainment in the future will be purely educational and get a hard-on when you hear the words "Discovery Channel" and "World-beats." You don't seem to realize that the information you received is from an unofficial wiki-one that any asshole can edit and/or add MS Paint drawings to depicting Rock and Roll's metaphorical tombstone.

Second post. Still quoting the wiki and thinking that people in the future will be so nerdy that they'd rather read text then see an actual girl.

Third post. I never mentioned neoliberalism. What I meant was that being brought up to say "African-American" instead of "black" and teachers encouraging this is screwing up the kids.

Fourth post. 99% of future predictions are bullshit. Hell, in the 70s people believed we'd all be using flying cars by 2000. Backwoods farmers have always been sexist, racist, gay-bashing Christians leaning to the right wing. What makes you think they'll change in the next 200 years?

Fifth post. I've got your "dystopian classical music" right here. Use Winamp or something similar and play both Beethoven's 5th and Snoop Dogg's "Ain't Nothin' but a G Thang" at the same time. People rapping to violins. WTF?

Sixth post. Finally cited your sources for this...information.

Seventh post. You've seriously lost it now. I agree with tilly and Spaz. Stay off of the pipe and go get help. Ideas from dreams? Spirit guides? Are you some misguided psychic? But then again, we all know that repeating synthesized sounds make "2+2=4" easier to remember than "Hit me baby one more time!"

Last post. Global citizen, eh? This is not happy fairy candy land where all countries are one and all people are one. Be proud to be apart of your country. When someone asks you where you're from, don't be "cute" and say "Earth." Say "Canada." Say what you're meant to say.

You're seriously telling me that in less than four years, everyone will listen to a sort of "deformed" house music with non-English lyrics? Uh-huh.

Here is my rebuttal to your responses:

1. Kenny the Shark was on the NBC Saturday morning lineup longer than it was on the Discovery Channel.

2. Virtual dating can EITHER be text only, text with pictures, or talking pictures (depending on how advanced your computer is)

3. Only 1 teacher taught me to say African-American (Mrs. Brenda Deeporter from my old elementary school) and everyone else was cool about saying the word "black."

4. None of the backwoods farmers in my hamlet are racist, although they are sexist and probably hold a conservative Christian world view.

5. In the movie RoboCop 2, they did heavy metal to the violin, so don't count out rap music being done to violins.

6. This information is definitely about the future. Not the present, not the past, but the future.

7. I do not use drugs and my belief in spirit guides and interpreting dreams is an interest I developed from my mother, who is a spiritualist and a Reiki master.

8. Don't call it "deformed house music." World beat music is compromised of the beats and rythmns of the world. If you cannot contemplate a song not being in English, go learn a second language.

1. Kenny the Shark was on the NBC Saturday morning lineup longer than it was on the Discovery Channel.

Doesn't matter. The show was canceled so it's all repeats right now.

2. Virtual dating can EITHER be text only, text with pictures, or talking pictures (depending on how advanced your computer is)

Almost any computer built post 2003 with decent specs can display life-life graphics, so I guess that rules out text-based dating. Still, everyone dating through the computer is not happening in the next 20 years.

3. Only 1 teacher taught me to say African-American (Mrs. Brenda Deeporter from my old elementary school) and everyone else was cool about saying the word "black."

Well a lot of teachers are politically correct, but not enforce it in your behavior/work. 99% of my teachers said African-American and I never once did when talking or in writing. They didn't care, but they always used African-American.

they are sexist and probably hold a conservative Christian world view.

And what makes you think that's going to change?

5. In the movie RoboCop 2, they did heavy metal to the violin, so don't count out rap music being done to violins.

Rap and metal, a form of rock, are totally different. Almost all of today's rap is synthesized. Sometimes rock and rap can mesh well together (see Numb/Encore by Linkin Park and Jay-Z) but I don't think classical and rap would work.

6. This information is definitely about the future. Not the present, not the past, but the future.

K.

7. I do not use drugs and my belief in spirit guides and interpreting dreams is an interest I developed from my mother, who is a spiritualist and a Reiki master.

I'm not gonna touch that one with a ten-foot pole.

8. Don't call it "deformed house music." World beat music is compromised of the beats and rythmns of the world. If you cannot contemplate a song not being in English, go learn a second language.

It is a deformed house music. There is no rule that says house music has to be in English. House music contains repeating beats and rhythms people dance to. So if you're not calling it house music, which is certainly sounds like, it's obviously different, but in the same genre.

Oh, and btw, I'm in my second year of high-school Spanish. And I know enough French to greet someone in the Language. And I know how to say "Luscious ass" in Portuguese thanks to a certain song.

Here is my rebuttal to your responses:

4. None of the backwoods farmers in my hamlet are racist, although they are sexist and probably hold a conservative Christian world view.

Dude. Seriously... Unplug. Your. Modem.

2. I don't care WHAT virtual dating CAN be. I know what it IS. FAKE. VIRTUAL. I just spent the entire day at my girlfriend's house and no virtual-BS will be able to replace that. EVER!

5. Yes. Violins CAN go with metal. Metal is some beautiful music if you find the right stuff. Opera-metal, much? Power metal is really nice. But rap is beats and fast rhymes. It wouldn't go with a violin. It just wouldn't.

6. No. This information is NOT about the future. It's about your whacked IDEAS of the future. Please do make sure you understand the difference.

7. Wow. If you aren't on drugs, you need to be. Heavy medication. Indefinitely.

8. Beats and rythmns? That's what house music is, genius. And I love house, BTW.

Again. Unplug. Your. Modem.

Man I'm dying for the next four years to pass to laugh in this guy's face.

Yeah, metal can be easily combine with various different genres. Like the song "Journeyman" from Iron Maiden. Or look at Apocalyptica. They've made the whole album where they play Metallica's songs with cellos.

But rap? Are you sure you weren't on something when you were writing that?

Dude. Seriously... Unplug. Your. Modem.

2. I don't care WHAT virtual dating CAN be. I know what it IS. FAKE. VIRTUAL. I just spent the entire day at my girlfriend's house and no virtual-BS will be able to replace that. EVER!

5. Yes. Violins CAN go with metal. Metal is some beautiful music if you find the right stuff. Opera-metal, much? Power metal is really nice. But rap is beats and fast rhymes. It wouldn't go with a violin. It just wouldn't.

6. No. This information is NOT about the future. It's about your whacked IDEAS of the future. Please do make sure you understand the difference.

7. Wow. If you aren't on drugs, you need to be. Heavy medication. Indefinitely.

8. Beats and rythmns? That's what house music is, genius. And I love house, BTW.

Again. Unplug. Your. Modem.

Man I'm dying for the next four years to pass to laugh in this guy's face.

Exactly. If I had my way, Jack Thompson would starve to death by 2010. Just because I want it to happen doesn't mean I can call it a prediction.

I hope I don't get my PS privileges taken away for this...

rockworldyc6.gif

lol nice gif chris82. and RyanVG dont try to mix symphonic songs with world beat music, there 2 totally different things, ever head of nightwish? there great symphonic death metal, and they sound great. but what your saying is rap and violens. so much different than the robocop music.

Well, my second favorite GTA game is Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories and I really love that "Radio Del Mundo" station. Listening to it is just like spending a Sunday afternoon listening to the East Indians on channel 31 after my Vid Kids show and a quick Japanese movie as a young boy. And that is why world beat music is really l33t.

I can't believe that this article is still up in 2015. Unlike my younger self, I now admit that rock and roll music still exists and is going strong. As for the crappy URL links that I put up here when I was younger and less mature, I would like to sincerely apologize for the rough mental shape that I was in back in 2006.

It was a rough time transitioning from the teenage years to full-blown adulthood and I pretended to be a time-travelling Nostradamus of the future. That was my way of rebelling against the adult world. I have finally embraced the adult roles and the responsibilities I have as an adult so none of this nonsense is relevant to me now.

My younger self should be ashamed for writing this garbage up and not having the mindset or the mentality to know better. I was "old enough to know better and still too young to care" back in 2006; but I don't feel that way today.

Actually Hard Rock and Heavy Metal are at their lowest ebb, not sure what media sources tell you otherwise. It's the saddest state in RnR history that I've known and loved the music. There's too little appreciation for just great songs in general. Trust me, after nearly 50 years loving music, I know I'm right, I can concur with almost all the YouTube comments I've seen and fellow rock music lovers I follow on Facebook.

The other reality if you added 20 years prior to mid 60s, you'd still be privy to the best music on Earth. This is just truth. I've thought about it for ages....since I listen to my collected music almost constantly. Nothing in the past 15 years or so has surpassed the prior 30-40 years of artistry.

I read back a page, I also don't know where your stream of consciousness was going, but it was a bit far from the topic header! hahaha AND I get accused of such things at GTAForums!!

I grew up tethered to my dad's Pioneer stereo, listening to the coming and going of different FM rock radio, and no bigger brother or sister or musical parent to shape my love of music and ROCK N' ROLL in particular, it all came from media exposure, so it's fundamentally important to keep those channels open, whether it's SAT radio or online music sources or TV as I stated

Edited by BlackListedB
  • Like 1