How do I add new homies to my gang(or any other)

D-Ice

go in your data folder , open PEDGRP then find the line FAM 1 ,FAM 2 ,FAM 3 and add the dff name there ..they should spawn with grove street homies !

I already did that but they don't spawn.

BTW: I already have a homie mod, it adds up fam4, fam5, fam6( some homies from a cutscene)

Edited by D-Ice

I already did that but they don't spawn.

BTW: I already have a homie mod, it adds up fam4, fam5, fam6( some homies from a cutscene)

Mods like this usually revolve around the Main.SCM so You may need to edit the main SCM

Try also deleting the cache -

These are just things off the top of my head that I can think MAY be causing the problem

Mods like this usually revolve around the Main.SCM so You may need to edit the main SCM

Try also deleting the cache -

These are just things off the top of my head that I can think MAY be causing the problem

The mod that I have doesn't involve replacing or modifying the main.scm, it replaces peds.ide and pedgrp.dat.

BTW: What is the cache

The mod that I have doesn't involve replacing or modifying the main.scm, it replaces peds.ide and pedgrp.dat.

BTW: What is the cache

cache (pronounced Catch) Basically its a Memory that holds copies of recently accessed data.

And I know that when you change and or add a mod that has visuals you need to delete the img file thats in the cache or the mod doesn't show up. because the img file thats in the cach is that of the last edited img thus the game is retaining the last way the game has the img file set up...

In short the game has already taken a picture of how everything is visually set up adn you cannot see any new changes because the game is reading how it last saw the game.....deleting this file will allow the game to recapture the game with all the new changes in it..

I am not sure if this img file affects these 2 files but it's worth a shot but if the mod had txd and dff files in it then you will need to delete the img file in the cache or the mod will not show up

also one other thing you can try too is that I know the stuff in these files need to get placed in alphabetical order...But you probably already know this

I hope this helps you out and let me know if it does.

cache (pronounced Catch) Basically its a Memory that holds copies of recently accessed data.

And I know that when you change and or add a mod that has visuals you need to delete the img file thats in the cache or the mod doesn't show up. because the img file thats in the cach is that of the last edited img thus the game is retaining the last way the game has the img file set up...

In short the game has already taken a picture of how everything is visually set up adn you cannot see any new changes because the game is reading how it last saw the game.....deleting this file will allow the game to recapture the game with all the new changes in it..

I am not sure if this img file affects these 2 files but it's worth a shot but if the mod had txd and dff files in it then you will need to delete the img file in the cache or the mod will not show up

also one other thing you can try too is that I know the stuff in these files need to get placed in alphabetical order...But you probably already know this

I hope this helps you out and let me know if it does.

So where do I find this cache so I can delete it?

So where do I find this cache so I can delete it?

I am not sure about how to go about finding and deleting the computer version cache for SA In fact im not sure if it even creates a seperate directory. I was just telling you something I have seen other people mention

Better ask someone that knows I cannot help you with this ...Sorry

Edited by tx3000