How Do I

Jimbaz06

Is there a way i can change the amount of bullets you get with a shotgun when you buy it at ammu-nation because it gives you i think 14 each time you buy it and it takes ages to get loadsa bullets. I know i could use cheats to get guns but im trying to get 100% with no cheats at all Please help thanks!!!!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::D:D:D:D:D:innocent::innocent::coolthumbup::coolthumbup:

u must edit the weapons.dat in the data folder

for the ammo on the pistol how many bullets a round will take

or u can edit the shopiing.dat

find the weapon u want to edit and add how many bullets u need

its like this = open shopping.dat then find the weapons and edit the AMMO at each weapon and add how many bullets u want

u can edit the price too so u can buy a AK47 with 10 $=))

Edited by R1fl3M4n

ya i hate how theres only a little bit of bullets

I have 2 questions for the creator of this topic:

1) Why do you need a mess of bullets to finish the game?

2) You say you don't want to use cheats but you want to up the amo you get by editing the files

What would you call that exactly.......Kind of cheating?....LOL

Getting 100% without using cheats would mean playing the game as is with no alterations....

LOL sorry it just looked funny sayiong you don't want to use cheats then saying you need to edit the data...LOL

Edited by tx3000

the reason why some weapons are either cheaper or come with more shots is because those are the common use weapons. like the pistol, or the assault rifle, or the SMG's. you would use those all the time. the shotgun is for serious close quarter battle when you need to push more than one person off of you. the sniper rifle is meant for people who want to fire one (maybe 2) shots at a target and walk away without ho's going "he done kilt somethang." the silent pistol is for when you want to take one silent shot to the head while trying to stay unnoticed. if you are like me, who can use multiple weapons for multiple purposes, then more power to you. for people who are like me and wish to use weapons for their intended purposes, then go ahead and tell me what you have in your inventory: I will tell you what you are prepared for.

reply saying what you want to do: I will tell you what to go and find (or buy). I will give a simple list of each item and its real life purpose.

Pistol= self defense, one on one close to mid range, best for intimidating civilians or assasinating law officers in game. terrible for using in a gang war (unless its all thats left), and is not recomended for long range combat unless you are like me and have no other weapon.

Silent Pistol= self defense, or discreet car jackings (shooting the driver and then the passenger as he gets out). also great for escaping a gang or police pursuit (you must also know how to use shadows for concealment). terrible for winning gang wars, super long range, self defense against a crowd of armed people who already know you are there.

Desert Eagle= I personally have a mod where anything in the desert eagle slot is used like a microSMG (I have the Glock 18's). the one by default is best for provoking gang wars, one on one executions, making an example out of someone (like a carjacking), or when you only want to fire one shot and run. terrible for scattered crowds, fast combat, and situations where fast fire is needed.

---------

Tec9 and MicroSMG=these are as needed as regular pistols, only they fire full auto. they are great for fighting close quarters when you dont want to use a shotgun. they are highly innacurate, but if they are 5 feet in front of you, all you are worried about is how fast you can take them out.

MP5= this weapon is the cross between the SMG and the assault rifle. its the one weapon I strongly urge you to stock up on. this is the best way to defend yourself from people attacking your vehicle. also, when doing driveby's, you dont have double and half the rate of fire. its the same either way. on a motorcyle or a quad, you can fire forward (also on a bike, but you cant accelerate). its not good for using when you have other weapons that can do the same or better. good for fast shots and run, also good for fighting against constant persuers such as level 4 and higher police when on foot. it allows you to sprint while holding it. that is the only upside over an AR.

---------

Shotgun (Chromgun)= good for hitting a cop in the face, or when you go to the crack house in the beginning of the game. otherwise, its no good.

Sawnoff= unless you use the infinite ammo code, and have hitman rank, it is useless.

Combat shotgun= this is better if you have to have one at all. fires 7 quick rounds, but then reloads. slow movement while aimed or equiped, but if you are in extremely close quarters, then its good if there are less than 7, because you will always have to shoot one enemy twice.

---------

AK47= this is the inacurate weapon. I am biased against it, but some people like the 7.62mm round that it fires. good for actually winning the gang wars, especially since they attack you with this in the 2nd and third waves. bad for close quarters unless you really know what you are doing (like me)

M4= this is the 5.56mm assault rifle that I go nowhere without. it is good for multiple ranges (not the super far off) and is better for learning close quarters combat with when trying to become more advanced as a fighter

---------

Rifle (cuntgun)= I have modded this to be a lightweight longrange weapon that fires 20 rounds in a clip. only good for when targets are far off while they are approaching. not at all good for indoor use (unless you are killing bouncers all the way accrossed the very large rooms, and then you have to switch when they close on you).

Sniper rifle= I have this one modded to hold a 20 in the clip, and fire full auto fast when crouched. you guys will want to save this for things like when you have to assasinate the reporter and his contact. thats the range you want to have between you and an unaware target.

--------

Grenades= the frags are good for throwing at a crowd in gang wars. not good for indoor use.

teargas= good for when you can hit a person with it, and are only trying to run the hell away. not good for when you are in a war and must take life.

molotovs= last resort only. better use this when the direction you throw and the direction you run are 180 degrees. unless you are fireproof from the firetruck missions.

remote explosives=just extra slots to scroll through to get to other weapons. perfect for brutal executions (such as tossing one on a dealer and running away).

--------

Katana=these block things better, but they are just large and excessive and you dont need it unless you are on the ship owned by the Da Nang boys fighing the man on the bridge. lousy for crowd combat.

knife= I really suggest having this for the "tactical" feel. its better because if you know how, you can silently kill an unaware target.

baton (nightstick)= dont even bother with this weapon of abuse found on any dead street cop.

any questions? any items I forgot? any request for mod suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...