get rid of cars

MOFOJOE

• 2 weeks later...
Of course not, that would just crash the game. Do as YoungFools told you, just set the spawning frequency to 0.

what file(s) is the spawn frequency in?

i wanna get rid of them cuz i tweaked the cars to mad speeds and waanaa do stunts w/out all the fools gettin in my way. :D

Main.scm

man i dont think thats it that files all just code ya cant even read. like this:

Ü M ¬ Ö Ô M l ‰ ƒ Ö ^Ô M ƒ ä Ö V‚M ž ‰ Ü < Ü † ì äa ì ð† ð èa ð ôi ì ì i ð ð † ô ì Y ô ð ûô ø ø Œ ø a ÔìÔŒ „Ô a ø † ø @Œ œ „a Ô† Ô @Œ ˜”¬Ö Ô@ M ‘! ŒÖ M ª! ŒÖ ” M Ã! ŒÖ ¬hM Ý! ŒÖ ä <M ö! ˆÖ Œ M Ä$ „ Ì” Ì´ X ̬„

X Ì

Edited by MOFOJOE

Wtf Scythe? It's not main.scm. In main.scm you can make vehicles spawn, but he wants to change the spawn frequency.

The file you're looking for is vehicles.ide. Open it with notepad and set the spawning frequency to 0.

And just for a little bit more info, you have to use Mission Builder to edit main.scm, not notepad. And you have to configure the program first.

um i think wat he wants are those three cars. not just NO cars.

yes exactly i found this site

www.ref3.gta.mendelsohn.de/

that has a manual on how to tweak but it says the spawn frequency is in the default ide and you can set it to 1 and the cars wont show up on the street just garages etc. but it didnt work [i did make the tires friggin GIGANTIC though which was funny). i dont see a vehicles ide all i can see is a vehicles col file and thats just code like above. guess it cant be done.

heres what the manual says about default ide:

cars

The cars section of default.ide contains vehicle objects

The car objects use much more information than the previous sections

Each car object has twelve parameters. The last two parameters are type specific

cars section header:

# Id, Model name, Txd name, Type, HandlingId, Game name, Class, Frq, Lvl, Comprules in hex

#

# cars have two extra fields wheelmodelId and wheel scale

# planes have one extra field model id of low level of detail

ID, dff, txd, type, handlingID, gamename, class, frq, lvl, p1, p2, p3

ID - object's ID ranges from 0 to 199

dff - object's dff, 3d model

txd - object's txd, texture dictionary

type - type of vehicle. boat, car, heli or plane

handlingID - vehicle identifier in handling.cfg

gamename - gxt name

class - vehicle class (controls what peds drive it and where?). ignore, richfamily, poorfamily, executive, big, special, taxi, worker.

frq - frequency how often the vehicle apperars. 1 and the vehicle will not apperar on the road, it is for parked/mission vehicles etc.. The highest number in the file is 20 which is for the taxi.

lvl - ? usually 7, mrwhoop and bfinject are 4, stinger and infernus are 6

p1 - the header calls this comprules in hex. usually 0, stinger and stallion are 2ff0 taxi is 1f10 and hoods is 1ff0

p2 - if the vehicles type parameter is car then this is the model ID of the cars wheels which can be 160-166.

if the vehicles type parameter is plane then this is the ID of the plane's low level detail model. There are only two planes airtrain and deaddodo airtrain's low detail model is airtrain_vlo its line number is 198 so this parameter is 198 for the airtrain, deaddodo does not have a low detail model so the parameter is canceled out by using -1 as the parameter.

p3 - if the vehicles type parameter is car then this is the wheel scale. Say n is the wheel models normal size this value is what n is multiplyed by to get the desired wheel size. Ex. to get the wheels normal size this would be 1.0 for a wheel 50% bigger than the normal size this would be 1.5

Edited by MOFOJOE

• 2 weeks later...

ok i found a mod for san andreas for no cars or peds got to looking at it and the frq isnt set to zero its the next two : flags and comprules so im thinkin this might be how its done. btw there is no vehicle.ide in vice or 3 just s.a. in v~ and 3 its in the default.ide. i'll try it out later and post up the results in case someone else is interested in gettin this done.

• 1 year later...