GTA 3 or Vice City?

Which do you like better?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like better?

• Grand Theft Auto 3
    • Grand Theft Auto Vice City

• 4 months later...

I think GTA3 is better cause theres alot of gangs and there very stong not like the weak little gangs in VC, theres a train that u can go in and drives around portland, a subway that u can go in, a tunnel that brings u arcoss liberty and there are alot more peole on the streets, in VC theres like 4 people on one city block, but in libery theres over a 15 people on 1 city block, and da cops are smarter :coolthumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

i like gta 3 better because their is more excitement and it really looks like a modern day gangsta city with crime and gangs and the mafia where as vice city yes you get cooler vehicles but the environment isnt really a crime kind of setting, and i know its set in a rich city but there should still be parts where there is the gloomy dark side of the city which gta 3 has in some areas. :cigar:

I like all of em' But Vice City is better. Vice Cities' premise is that all of the gang shootings and drug trade are behind the warm sunny piers. 3 is harder, because there are a lot less missions. 3 has a very short radio, only has cars, and 50 cars at that. And, after the missions, you're board. There's no chopper checkpoints. No nightclubs to run. No nothing.

• 4 months later...

I like GTA3 because it was the first GTA game I'd ever played, and it didn't just focus around a single element like Vice City did. It had you working for a Mafioso-esque organization, an Asian crime syndicate, a Hispanic street gang, and a few more characters that were unique in their own way.

Vice City's missions, on the other hand, didn't seem as lively and varied as GTA3's. Don't get me wrong, Vice City is a great game, one of the best. But in my humble opinion, GTA3 is the best. No doubt about it.

And, after the missions, you're board. There's no chopper checkpoints. No nightclubs to run. No nothing.

That's actually a very good point. GTA3 lacked the side missions and mini-games Vice City had. GTA3 had missions and the packages - and that was about it. Vice City had mini-games, sidemissions, property to purchase, more vehicles and whatnot, etc., etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Vice City was much better than GTA 3 in my opinon. The additon of character that could speak was great. It gave the game an enjoyable storyline. Vice City had many improvements like bikes, helicopters and the skimmer.

To me vice city was way better.

I think VC is better because you can actually fly a airplane than in GTA 3 where the Dodo plane couldn't fly real well. But in VC you could also drive/fly helicopters and motorcycles. And you could actually buy more property and buisness. But GTA 3 is good with gangs and the missions were a bit tough but it was a great game also i would think. :D

• 2 weeks later...