any smokers?

**pq**

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember, "Each cigarette you smoke takes 5 minutes out of your life." If you love yourself, dont smoke.

Or if you love your friends. Try to get them to quit. Well, atleast the girls I do.. when I get to know them better and know we're going to get along well. I'm proud to say I've influenced two to quit. I love them both.

But yeah.. I don't think I'm gonna try anything.. really. I believe in getting to that "place" is all in one's mind.

Kind of off topic, but my campus just started a new rule where you can't smoke within 75 feet of an entrance to a building.

That's really strange, what's the point of that rule? What happens if you're smoking 74 feet away from the building? Do they shoot you?

Wtf, pink paintballs, lol whatever. I might somehow try weed one day(but I doubt it) but I will never get into an addiction. I will have fun with alcohol too but never an alcoholic (already starting to get some beer hehe, just sips though). If one of my friends starts and it's doing bad things to them (grades, attitude, etc) I will try my best to help them quit not rat them out. But help, thanks for the advice Skyline.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry if I`m bumping a topic again,but I don`t smoke and I hope I`ll never smoke,when you smoke you are <<King for one second and slave for eternity>>besides that it`s a sin and you`re heading too hell....this is 4 all smokers .....my opinion accept it or don`t....

How are you a slave for eternity? I'm smoked a few Blacks before and I don't feel I'm a slave to them.... O.o.... I enjoy marijuana when I can, and I'm also not a slave to it. So where you're going with that is beyond me.

And BTW, 99% of the things we do on this planet is sin.... So yeah.....

Well I smoke at parties and the last one was in the beginning of January and I havent had one since so Im hardly a slave to it. Most fun things seem to be a sin.

Well, from a technical aspect, taking the section of the bible that tells you to treat your body like a temple and to not destroy it (not exact wording, obviously) smoking and a lot of other things we do are sins. Drinking booze, harms your liver...sin. Any type of contact sport hurts others...sin. Any form of competition where one side wins, puts one person higher than the next...sin, we're all supposed to be equal, made in God's image. Talking about it as a sin is kind of reaching, though, so I ignore that argument point.

Cigarettes are, in my mind and in the eyes of MANY studies over the years, the hardest thing to kick an addiction to. When a smoker tries to quit, he or she is trying to give up an addiction to hundreds of different chemicals, many of which create a dependency over time. Cigarettes are one thing I would implore ANYONE who hasn't tried to NEVER try. I'm a smoker, so I know what I'm talking about. I haven't actually tried to quit yet, but I have, on several occasions, cut myself way back, to get a feel for it. Being edgy, tense and as growly as a bear you woke up in January is not a good time.

Weed now, there's a different animal altogether. Your standard pot, smoked pure (no tobacco cut) carries nothing that causes lasting harm to your body. The smoke contains less tar than tobacco smoke and the nicotine that drives the core of a smoker's addiction isn't there either. Only the weaker willed folks will get addicted to weed and allow it to control their lives. I've smoked pot for longer than most of you have been alive and I've stopped a few times, just to prove to myself I could. The first day I tend to have some trouble getting to sleep, but after that hurdle is done, I'm fine. No jittery cravings, no burning desire to spark up a doobie, nothing at all to indicate my body is crying for a THC fix.

If you don't smoke now, don't start, that's as simple as it gets. There are zero benefits to smoking cigarettes if you've never smoked and a list of harmful effects longer than some streets. If you don't now, don't ever.

Yeah... my Sammy has been quitting for awhile now... it went from like a pack a day (That's like... around 16?) to 1 or 2... or none. She said it's really hard to do because "it's just something to do" and the nicotine has something to do with it I guess. If you havn't guessed she's quitting because of the harmfull effects and feels disgusted that she's smoked like that for so long. I'm so proud of her. (:

As for me... nah.. still havn't. Was going to try it, just to try it... but I've changed my mind. If I'm going to help encourage friends to quit or just not to, then I'm not. I mean.... that's pretty hipocritish no?