Logsdaman11

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Ryder would be a cool character but he was pretty crazy in SA. I wouldn't want the main character to be on drugs.

Brian Johnson (CJ's brother who died) would be cool. And at the end of the game he say's something like,

"Those mutha f***as will never stop me!! I'm unkillable!!" and then a few years later he would , in fact, be killed.

I would like it if R* made more GTA movies like GTA SA the introduction. That would explain alot. Like Vice City the introduction would be awsome. It would show Tommy kill all those guys and then get arrested.

I don't think Brian (if he is the main character) should be killed at the end of the game. It should show him get killed in some kind of GTA San Andreas Stories speacial DVD.

LOL id love it but how are you gonna fit such a huge game on a 1.5gb umd disc? lol <_<

1.8 GB actually, and it wouldn't be that hard.

What took up so much in San Andreas was the combination of the staggering amount of audio and and all the models/texture files.

The way Rockstar does the maps is very inefficient and shitty. (Not that their maps are shitty, just the way they are made) This is because everything in a GTA game is model. And I mean everything. While some things are easier to detail, using a textured-block type system like in Half-Life 2 in combination with models would be much easier to work with, much faster, and much more flexible.

So yeah, using textured blocks for the landscape and only using models for things like cars, people, guns, etc...in combination with good compression and it should be doable.

On the topic of fitting all of SA it would be possible, not due to compression or anything... scale is the keyword: everything must be rescaled, making all the terrain files, characters models and everything smaller in size on disk... also games can be run off of memory sticks, the only problem is securing the stick so people don’t wipe it and get a cheap stick with decent size; this can be solved in a multitude of ways; however these would require yet more of the redundant firmware updates.

You may know take into account compression which grows exponentially (quite literally as file size is all based off of base 2 [we count in base ten]) from year to year. The only sacrifices would have to be a few features, and maybe storyline length. Their may be some people out their who don't agree with my analytical views

Edited by haxxor

i think in SAS you're still going to play as CJ and Sweet. your beginning missions are going to be with CJ and win CJ goes to LC then it switches over to Sweet.

Character changes never happen in a gta game to date. I think it wouldnt be good as some people may find sweet a complete and utter dickhead..... :) (me). Brian johnson is the best idea ive seen. Never ever OgLoc tho Aka Jeff... Og Loc :D

Yeah OG Loc would suck as a main character. I do also believe that San Andreas will be made some day. Like chris82 said it's doable even though I have no idea what he was talking about lol. Some great protaganist ideas have been already listen Brian Johnson, Ceasar, Ryder possibly but I'm not really looking forward to that. Possibly even T-Bone Mendez (Toreno's sorta bodyguard remember?), it should be set a good 2-4 years before SA (1992) and the storyline should be surprising and different from every other game (just saying that cause I can't really think of anything right now).