Which car or bike to replace

Madshilde

I use SAMI to install my downloaded mods. Does it matter what car I replace a downloaded car with as long I don't replace a truck with a car and stuff like that. I mean, I have downloaded a bike and it says in the readme it replaces the NRG, but if I want to, would it then be a problem to make it replace the PCJ instead, does it mess up game?

it does I think. Since the txd links in the dff won't work.

Yes Most def, Jace IS correct man, the files names are like links and each one corresponds to pulling up that specific vehicle and its info and if you change it then the PC does not know how to find said bits of information thats why when changing names etc you have to use a special tool like the GXT EDITOR That is the right way to change your in game text. and you do that so that the names correspond within the files.So long story short if you go screwin around with substituting different files for ones you prefer you will run into problems 4 real.

You can download the GXT editor and change some of your vehicles names or other in game text & thats about it but understand that if a specific file ie: a NRG500 mod is written to replace a certain in game item(NRG500) you have to use THAT file on the relevant item, ie:txd and dff files. If they dont match, as Jace said then your game WILL be messed up. Worst case scenario: you will not load you will only get a 50% load then freeze up or best scenario, that specific vehicle wont show up in game at all..and me personally since i have not tried this i cant say which would be your outcome i am leaning more towards the first one...But feel free to Try :erm: It your game lol Good luck i hope this helps.

I JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF ALL OF THIS IS EVEN POSSIBLE ON THE SECOND VERSION OF SANANDREAS.It seems like i cant mod anything relating to vehicles.

Yes all this is possible but not with the v.2 exe file, you need to downgrade look in the topics for a link to a downgrader i would post a link to it for you but it has been discussed quite a lot recently (today) so for me to post a link and for you would be a shame...AND you not seeing the topics on it in the front page of todays postings I dunno man you might be slippin lol hmmmmmm...Nah im kidding but really Timmy check in the posts & find the link to downgrader(there are several by the way) and use it. then you should be able to use all the mods you are reading about...well the ones that work anyway... :D LOL

So long story short NOPE you wont be able to do it bcuz R* straight up F***ED us out of that ability on the v.2 release of their game ..(can you say Hot Coffee :evil: )

Edited by Rakim

• 2 weeks later...