Improving the hydras speed

Rakim

Has anyone been able to effectivley get the Hydra's Top speed higher it seems a little lopsided when compared to some of the land vehicles ie:supergt NRG500 etc. they are FASTER than the GOT D**N Hydra..HOW is that possible? :huh: I mean cmon R* its a F***ING Jet.. :blink: Anyone with info on modding the accelleration and top speed of this not so fast "jet" please share..LOL its greatly appreciated..I browsed and browsed and found only one topic concerning this and it had no answers either.

OK, San An has been out one hell of a long time, rime enough, i think, to have completed it, or if not, at least have got past Las Vnturas, to a mission named 'vertical bird' It tells you how to use a hydra, and if your are that incredibly poor not to have got to vertical bird, then take pity upon yourself.

After gaining good height by accelerating upward with landing gear down, i.e to the max height, then raise your landing gear. Hold num8, or on Ps2 left analog stik up and clicked in (dunno wot it is on xbox cos they're crap!) to move thrusters forward, but keep a finger on up so you don't plummet to the ground!, It's getting faster isn't it?, to land, hold num 2 or on ps2 left ....... etc. Then put your landing gear down and decelarate (spelling?) Bishbashbosh...

Pyronoodle

i think he wants to mod the speed of the hydra...

you can do this by changing and modifying files in the DATA folder

try changing carcols.dat handling.cfg vehicles.ide

the only file i changed was shopping.dat to make all the stuff for free

OK, San An has been out one hell of a long time, rime enough, i think, to have completed it, or if not, at least have got past Las Vnturas, to a mission named 'vertical bird' It tells you how to use a hydra, and if your are that incredibly poor not to have got to vertical bird, then take pity upon yourself.

After gaining good height by accelerating upward with landing gear down, i.e to the max height, then raise your landing gear. Hold num8, or on Ps2 left analog stik up and clicked in (dunno wot it is on xbox cos they're crap!) to move thrusters forward, but keep a finger on up so you don't plummet to the ground!, It's getting faster isn't it?, to land, hold num 2 or on ps2 left ....... etc. Then put your landing gear down and decelarate (spelling?) Bishbashbosh...

Ok i think the REAL seventh swiss art form is actually reading and not video games as your signature would imply..or at least it SHOULD be anyway cuz then maybe you would have READ my post as opposed to your attempt to make fun of me or anyone else who may have not made it as far as or beyond vertical bird. (unduely attempted i might add) LOL :blink: We are all here for help and info.I try to help out everyone i can and the only real time i ever take a jab at a person is for not taking the time to read for their answers or maybe double posting or something crazy like that. :erm:

Now lets just say for a moment i hadnt made it past vertical bird bcuz i could not operate the hydra,Then i find this really kool website where i think i can go to get some help & i post a question and i get ridiculed, now how would that make me feel or how would it make you feel? Point is this it really bothers me when people want the answers to be spoon fed to them instead of lookin for them but if that is true then it truuuuly bothers me even more when a person is so quick to clown someone and they them selves have not READ the question or maybe YOU just did not comprehend .But none the less that is unacceptable, so dont treat people that way man.

Now as the second post from Ilan said i want to MOD the hydras speed not know how to operate it.And for that matter if i merely wanted to know how to fly it why would i ascend to max height then flip the thrusters instead of flipping them as I am rising to do a more controlled and speedier thrust into the sky!??!Por Que, you ask? How about less time to get hit when you have a higher wanted level and possibly being chased by jets.Perhaps YOU should try that.

Now if you can offer up no real info or viable answers towards my question as far as how to improve (mod) the speed of the Hydra,you know that stuff is called advice.Its what Ilan did. Now if you dont have any of that then i suggest you Keep it movin homie and stop spamming up my thread with your Wonderful wit. Cuz i have to READ this looking for my answers. :D

Thanks

Pyronoodle

i think he wants to mod the speed of the hydra...

you can do this by changing and modifying files in the DATA folder

try changing carcols.dat handling.cfg vehicles.ide

the only file i changed was shopping.dat to make all the stuff for free

Yea thanks Ilan i know i have to mod something in there, most likely the handling config file but the one post i found that addressed my topic had the poster had tried to mod that file and had no luck.but any ways thanks for giving it a shot though i will keep looking.If you find anytihng post back please :coolthumbup:

Edited by Rakim

did you set the hydra to fly horizontal?

Yea i did its not the operation of the plane i know how to raise and lower the gear and the thrusters hehehe :) i can fly that b**ch between the bridge uprights.. I just dont think it goes fast enough..I would imagine in order to get it to move faster i would have to mod the handluing config file but another guy tried that and had no luck..And that was the only other thread i could find which refers to it i will find it again an dlink to it you know they said its always good to work together mayb eif i post the thread someone will read it and know what me and this other guy is doing wrong

Hydra speed topic

Edited by Rakim

if i understand the file (handling.cfg) right then if you change the number below the 'N' then it will change the speed

'N' is the Max Velocity

'O' is Engine Acceleration

HYDRA 9000.0 48750.0 20.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 75 0.65 0.9 0.5 1 200.0 16.0 5.0 4 P 1.5 0.45 0 45.0 1.0 0.15 0.0 0.50 -0.20 0.8 0.0 0.60 0.75 45000 4008100 400000 0 1 27

200.0 is 'N'

and 16.0 is 'O'

change the numbers and the speed will change too

Edited by IlanF

i just tried that and it's not working i'll check the other files and see what will change the speed

found the line to change:

$ HYDRA 1.1 1.00 -0.00010 0.004 0.10 0.002 -0.002 0.0001 0.0020 0.006 0.10 0.1 1.3 0.2 1.0 0.998 0.997 0.995 10.0 10.0 40.0

line 387

Edited by IlanF

I tryed to change the 10.0 figure under thrust to 30.0 i di dnto see much of a diff at all if any i will try your idea too and see what i get my game did not crash either i am not sure if that is becasue it changed nothing or becuase we are on teh right track i have to get out of here right now though i do appreciate your help i will get back on it later on if i figure it out i will post what i did.. :) i was looking at the speedres figures too do you know what they control maybe if we increase those ill try it when i get back and post what i find there were two entries there maybe they control it.

Still no luck yet i tried to mod the numbers a you suggested i saw what seems to be minimal at best (if any) increase in speed but no increase in thrust etc...HELL for all i know i might be TRIPPIN it could have been my mind playin tricks on me cuz i wanted that DAMN plane to be goin faster... :rofl2: Who knows? I will do everything i can to get this thing workin i cant imagine them makin it "unmoddable" in that sense...lol.. And when i do imma post it up here so we can all be driving "SUPER SONIC MACH 5 crash yo ass into a wall and blow up jets!!!!!!!!"

Edited by Rakim

I'v tried it with that handling changer thing. without luck. All planes seam not to be moddible with a handling changer. But I'l give it a try and c

Thanks Jace all help is appreciated i will be fiddlin around with it myself i am takin tomorrow and friday off cuz i have to prepare for a bike ride comin up this weekend.I gotta make my personal weight goal for the ride :rofl2: i have to say personal cuz i will never be as skinny as those pros cuz my muscle mass is too dense but a good cycling weight for me is still heavy for some of those 160lb guys on my team! lol :rofl2: @me being that skinny,Good thing is i am much stronger than them so i make up for it in brute power. That might be a lill TMI but i am PSYCHED likea MUF***A right now bout this ride and i had to share it so scuse me... Back to the topic i will have som extra time on my hands next couple of days to see what i come up with on this plane thing,although it seems you are right because i have tried all sorts of changes with no luck but there has to be some controller for those planes as they are not just random parts of the game we can interact with them so there has to be a way to govern that interaction probably not the typical way we think..

Edited by Rakim

• 13 years later...