Ice Caps Melting....

Dmac

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
You cant have the attitude that we are screwed so there isnt any point in trying because thats not the case. But you cant think that you can change the world by telling people the world is gonna end and expect people to listen. You cant make people want to help out they have to want to and actually care.

How can you say that after mentioning the YellowStone supervolcano :rofl2:

Dude there is so much shit that is supposedly gonna happen that'll cause all of us to die...I watched a special on Discovery Channel :tongue:

The first one was Global Warming, this topic's...topic, and they said we'll be at the point of no turing back by the year 2012. Then they said there is a large possibility of a Gamma Ray Burst, dont know if I spelt Gamma correctly, but this thing will completely cook the earth and the oceans will boil blah blah blah. Another one is that in the year 2035 or 2036 this huge planet of some sort called "Planet X" will hit the earth causing dust to go into the atmosphere causing yet another ice age or worse, cause the planet to get extremely close to the sun causing our earth to boil if it already hasnt by a gamma ray burst or from global warming. If this is all true then...WE'RE f***ED :thumbsup:

Dude there is so much shit that is supposedly gonna happen that'll cause all of us to die...I watched a special on Discovery Channel :tongue:

The first one was Global Warming, this topic's...topic, and they said we'll be at the point of no turing back by the year 2012. Then they said there is a large possibility of a Gamma Ray Burst, dont know if I spelt Gamma correctly, but this thing will completely cook the earth and the oceans will boil blah blah blah. Another one is that in the year 2035 or 2036 this huge planet of some sort called "Planet X" will hit the earth causing dust to go into the atmosphere causing yet another ice age or worse, cause the planet to get extremely close to the sun causing our earth to boil if it already hasnt by a gamma ray burst or from global warming. If this is all true then...WE'RE f***ED :thumbsup:

Ya.I've watched those.Pretty cool i thought :rofl2: To bad it'll kill us :rofl2:

I'm going to commit suicide before this happens.

You arenot gonna live that long.Chrisman.

Billion years means.Your Grand-Grand-Grand-Grand-Grand-Grand-Grand-Grand-Son(that is if you marry :lol: ) will be living.

Dude a Gama-Ray could happen right now and kill us all. Its just a matter of time before there is one. I think the Earth going on for this long has just been extremely good luck.

Its what happens after two or more stars collide and before they turn into a black hole. They happen all the time but there hasnt been one any where near the earth. The Gamma-Ray burst could hit things billions of light years away so if one is close and pointing in our direction...we're screwed. The gamma-ray burst doesnt explode like a bomb or anything, it has a distinct explosion that creates a ring like looking explosion so that takes down the chance of one hitting us but not by much.

Its what happens after two or more stars collide and before they turn into a black hole. They happen all the time but there hasnt been one any where near the earth. The Gamma-Ray burst could hit things billions of light years away so if one is close and pointing in our direction...we're screwed. The gamma-ray burst doesnt explode like a bomb or anything, it has a distinct explosion that creates a ring like looking explosion so that takes down the chance of one hitting us but not by much.

You are right OGTAM.But the only star nearer to earth is Alpha Centuria.And that to twice the distance of SUN.So have no fear of Gamma,Alpha rays.

• 1 month later...

tl;dr

Excuse this bump, but I was just having another global warming discussion with someone and had a really good point to prove(although the point isn't good in our favor), but they were way too worked up over it and I couldn't get my point in. So I'm here to tell you guys and hopefully you'll listen so someone will hear what I have to say.

Quite frankly, I don't honestly believe we'll stop global warming. I've come to the conclusion that, like many things in this world, it isn't worth fighting over anymore. Therefore, I'm going to sit back and comfortably enjoy the rest of my life until my inevitable death((of which I don't believe will come, but, that's another theory entirely)). But why won't we stop it? Too lazy, stubborn, ignorant, self-centered, egotistical, arrogant, spoiled, etc.

Now, yes, bad, nature = dead and humans = no more. BUT. Here's my "bright side"((I like looking at the bright side of things)). Say that everything dies off. If humans die, then the cause of polution is no more. That means there can't be any more poluting. Things would have to eventually correct themselves. Nature would start over. A new breed of life would start with a fresh outlook and there would be a greater hope for nature again. Maybe this is a cleansing for nature. Humans have gone too far, and there's no more hope for them. This is how we're ridding the world of ourselves. It's the end of a failure, and the opportunity for a new chance.

Just my opinion.

We will not stop global warming. The only way to undo the damage already planned for us is if everyone cut off their electricity and stopped using any modern technology. In other words, we'd all live like the Amish. And of course, that will not happen.

And this isnt as simple as "Oh well, no more snow". Let me show you what will happen when global warming starts picking up speed.

Lets look south, towards America's neighbor, Mexico. When global warming takes full effect, Mexico will be un-livable. The U.S. is crying about a few illegal immigrants, well imagine the entire population of Mexico fleeing north.

But it gets better. South America and the southern half of the U.S. will also be un-livable. Imagine millions apon millions of refugees fleeing up to northern US and Canada. Canada will find out that they are the world's brand new superpower. New York will realise that they are the new Miami.

But it gets EVEN BETTER. The polar icecaps will melt.

Miami would be completely underwater. LA would be underwater. The only thing you would see of San Fransisco would be a few skyscrapers. Manhattan would be underwater and Brooklyn would be as big as Starfish Island. Everyone in Las Vegas would be dead. Canada would constantly be hit with hurricanes as big as Katrina. Half of China would be underwater. All the African villages and 3rd world countries would die. Everyone will live in Canada and Russia.

And some of you think that it will end with billions of people living in 2 countries, but no, it will get worse.

The polar icecap meltings wont just raise the sea level, it will lead to the death of us all. You see, the icecaps reflect much of the sunlight directed at the earth. If there are no more icecaps, than the sun's rays would be hitting the earth in a full blast. Scientists don't even know exactly what will happen after this but its quite clear. Forests will burn. What remains of Antarctica (the land part) would be like the Sahara desert. All freshwater will dry up. All the refugees in Canada and Russia would die of dehydration if they didnt die of heatstroke first. All animals, plants, and humans would be dead. THAT is the true end of the world, and that is what is doomed to happen.

Even Al Gore is in denial about the last paragraph, though he has done more than anyone else to try to stop this.

Edited by Liberty Overlord

Like I said, there is no turning back now so instead of trying to stop it like that retard Al Gore, we should have scientist and what not try to figure out ways we could live through this dooms day era that's ahead of us. If we don't start doing that now, then our only option at the last minute would be to reenact The Noah's Arch.