SCARFACE:The World Is Yours

Harwood Butcher

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, i don't expect being able to buy a 60,000,000 dollar Hummer in GTA IV because they said it won't be "Rags to Riches".

I think they were saying the storyline wasn't a "rags to riches" sort of thing, but I think you'll be able to make a good bit of money as you go past the storyline on your own in free roam. With out cheats of course.

That game pisses me off, seriously, every f***ing time you go to the f***ing islands, gang trucks are always hiding in the SAME bush, waiting to shoot at you.

And no aircraft. :thumbsdown:

Can you fly in PaCman? No. But it is still a good game, no?

I can't get this game :( my parent's won't allow me.. can someone make videos of each mission and turf battle and stuff and upload it on YouTube so I can watch it?

Of course I watch the Movie, its my fav!

Can You cruise in the game? similar to GTA?

Multiplayer?Offline/Online?

Anything else I should know good about the game, and the bad things about it?

You could free roam and I think it's fairly like GTA, but there are minor things that sort of suck such as you can't jump. But there are good things that GTA doesn't have that I wouldn't mind seeing in GTAIV such as being able to put furniture in your mansion and actually buy cars that you could have driven to you when you want to drive it. It's not as good as GTA, but I can say it is better than Driver and Saints Row.

That game pisses me off, seriously, every f***ing time you go to the f***ing islands, gang trucks are always hiding in the SAME bush, waiting to shoot at you.

I find it easy to kill off or give the gang trucks the slip, which is easy...because they hide in the same bushes. There is an aircraft, but you can't fly it yourself, which does suck, but just because you can't fly in a video game doesn't mean it sucks. If that's all that makes a game good, than games like Warhawk are the best games you could get.

Yeah, I know, but it's still annoying! <_<

Can you fly in PaCman? No. But it is still a good game, no?

I can't get this game :( my parent's won't allow me.. can someone make videos of each mission and turf battle and stuff and upload it on YouTube so I can watch it?

1. Let's see. Pacman. 1979. Scarface:TWIY. 2006. Now why should I be able to fly?

2. Here's what you do: a. Get money b. Go to the store and buy the game c. If your mom sees you playing it, tell her that just because you fell out of her, doesn't give her the right to fuck with you :P

Lmao, good idea. Lemme try and realize it. Now where to get the money *loads gun and looks for nearest bank*... And I even won't be allowed to buy the game 18+, I'm only 11...

Also, it would be a cool idea flying in PacMan... Flying over the ghosts crapping on them.

Edited by Oskar

Apology for the double post, I wanted to at least scan the thread before I said anything else.

I got my copy (PC) for christmas. Immersed myself in it & lots of money, fast.

The game gets high marks for concept, gameplay, following the movie, etc.

But VU gets no points for the coding or tech support. here's why -

Video - The graphics are on par to Vice City but calls for a minimum Ge-force 5500 & suggested 6800. WTF!?!? I have a 5500 w/ 256 meg & it's barely playable. The models all look low poly, but it ddddrrraaagggsss.

Controls - constantly re-set themselves to default. This one really pissed me off!

Bought Items disappear from mansion - Have to pay to place them, that money's gone.

Tech Support - showed no interest in fixing problems, said things like don't alter the control. "Dan" at VU claimed they

tested the game on over thirty (yeah, 30) different computers & they couldn't go to the trouble to account for all the variations of Game pads, Video cards & Audio Cards. Saved his E-mails somewhere.

The one patch they released only seemed to make it worse.

At 75-80% complete I had to take a break from this one, not holding my breath for a new patch.

Someone said they doubted a price of lb10 (sorry, US keyboard) in the UK. $10 US might be pushing it.

Before anyone else wastes their money, check out their forums

http://forums.vugames.com/thread.jspa?thre...=0&tstart=0

Hope to save some headaches

• 3 months later...

Since we got buzzkilled on GTA4, I dusted off SCARFACE. Who else is currently playing & how far into the game are you?

I currently own all the properties in half the city & almost every "exotic" available.

NOTE: The PC version has a few "technical" issues, I'd prefer to stay away from those as they would quickly turn this into a

flame topic on Sierra/VU.

If I can, I'll be happy to answer gameplay questions.

I made a topic about this before...I don't think a bump of an old topic would hurt if you were posting something meaningful that could "resurrect" the topic.

I haven't played it much lately, but it's a good game. I've somewhat been meaning to play it, but haven't yet.

I beat it a while ago, but I didn't do something the way I wanted and I'm going to try for the last mission again.

Original GTA Master - Checked the first three pages in the forum, didn't see it (figured it was in there somewhere, just old).

gta player #69 - Definitely a different game from VC, has it's own merits. If you come across it at a gameshop go ahead &

get it.

Just bought the fast food in South Beach. Anybody for shark fin soup?

man, i love this game, i brought it two weeks ago and have hardly stopped playing it. what i do mostly is cruise around the islands in my attack boat, blowing up pirate boats and taking the money. i have made millions doing this. i do like the islands best, because you can shoot as many gang members as you want, without the police coming after you.

i would say its deffinately worth buying, if you liked vice city then you will like this too :thumbsup:

man, i love this game, i brought it two weeks ago and have hardly stopped playing it. what i do mostly is cruise around the islands in my attack boat, blowing up pirate boats and taking the money. i have made millions doing this. i do like the islands best, because you can shoot as many gang members as you want, without the police coming after you.

i would say its deffinately worth buying, if you liked vice city then you will like this too :thumbsup:

Most of the gangs in the Islands are only 3-4 members, Call up the Bodog Stamped (if you have it) & pay 'em a visit. :evil:

If you haven't spent the $8 mil to buy it, go ahead. It's exactly the same as the regular Stamped + one very useful extra.

"Enforcer" missions are almost boring & you don't have to wade into a firefight on "distribution" runs. If you own Little

Havana & Downtown, one run should pay for it.

If you want to have this topic merged w/ the old one, that's cool.

Felini, Bacanari or Rattler as they come available. They are usually available while you're still in Little Havana & speed is

a definite advantage. The Brahma is okay for taking product to the storehouse, but you can't shoot from it (in PC version).

At rep level 7, spend the $$$ for the Bodog Stampede, that's the one I use for my distribution. It'll be the best $8 mil you

ever spent.

Pro tip - For smaller buys (up to $10,000) try to get your deal under the bridge East of the bank in Little Havana, he only

has one bodyguard. If the game shows the deal somewhere else, cancel out of the menu (before you accept) & drive a few

blocks, call up the BUSINESS menu again. Usually it will move the deal to another location. If you have the Attack Boat,

use it (your henchman never leaves the M-60) & you're covered if the deal goes bad. Get the Babylon Club as soon as you

can & don't waste time on selling to street dealers. BC pays up to $117 an once w/our the risk of a bad deal. I usually

sell out my grams when I have 10,000 or so ($1 mil + payday).

You will get it all back & more! B)