SCARFACE:The World Is Yours

Harwood Butcher

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell you the truth I DONT know...

Never really tested fate... although I wanna just see what happens...perhaps the same as if you get busted by cops...lose coke (grams) + dirtycash, obviously the coke you were bringing too

when my friend came over, then he's like ohh boring your just driving around (distribution)....then gang members start attacking...i got sorta cut (over the top) at them...you wanna f*ck around...OK!. pulled out missile launcher and blew them sky high from 5m away...lmao...then im like..ok yeh..now what!!

the hummer (stampede) has excellent armor, but so slow...havent you ever got those mega bitch times when u do distribution eg..i start at marina storage, get package from ogradys liquor, then "Pedro's pawn shop is under attack!"...and then it takes you a while to get there..it would in hummer..i always use my fastest car..

Yeah racing boat is the best, attack boat is a little slow but i didnt think you were so far..

I do get that, but usually it's VERY near me. Last run through I took, NO ONE attacked me. Was pretty sweet, haha. Last time there were like 3 attacks and I died ): So now I just stay inside the truck until I absolutely have to get out.

I haven't used the bazooka, haven't really had a use for it. And eh, I thought the attack boat would be the best because of the gunner, but I outrun the pirates anyway, so it's all good. I can't wait for the racing boat.

Hahaha cool...yeah sometimes you get really good distribution runs where nothing happens...

A front was under attack before, then I triggered blind rage with the M16 and killed all except one. Then I'm inside the front and I see a red X (for the attacker) and I run towards them, and they are on the other side of the shop window ! WTF!

They were just running against the wall..

Saved my friends game with the sperm bank...he had like 80% gang heat and 60% cops heat....far out..did a few trips there and payed all cop and 1/2 the gang heat off...just got a car and did burnouts in the carpark next to it (near havana storehouse)

Haha, wow. How'd he do that? It kills me to pay off that shit now. I mean, I've got mulitmillions of dollars, but who wants to pay half a million to get gangs off of you?

And I've got a real problem. Nacho's tanker was hell for me. I used infinite health for that. So, I'm at south beach. You know the cocky guy who thinks he can take everyone? Owns the restaurant, I can't remember the name. But you have to defend him from a SHIT LOAD of gang members, and no, he can't take cover, he has to HELP you. It'd be so much easy if he'd just HIDE. What's a good tactic for passing this mission?

Distribution in Little Havana - Forget the Stampede (crappy looking version), go for speed to get done before fronts are

attacked. Take full balls & an AK (unless you already procured an M-16)Bandit = best for your $$$ until you get the Connick

unlocked. Lakota, Monterey Shark & Orient are also good for LH runs. Get the BODOG Stamped as quickly as you can &

greatly increase your chances on bigger runs. Use the Brahma for local suppliers. You can't shoot from it, but it's virtually

unstoppable & bullet proof.

Gang heat - ENFORCER! Each mission completed cuts 1000 gang heat (minus 50 for each gang member killed). Take out

6 targets nets you a reduction of 700 points gang heat. Let them pay for your war.

Cop heat -- Again the enforcer, paying a little bit of heat after each mission. You could run the assassin, but she seems

to rack up more heat than she clears. Call her when you want a free sniper rifle.

(Don't forget to save his weapons in the trunk before you return to Tony.)

Nacho's tanker - If possible, take the Desert Eagle so you can rack up balls faster. Save your rage for the part in the belly

of the ship (engine room?) & the 2 guys at the end of the mission. Also take patience & watch for the 2 piles of grams on

your way.

• 2 weeks later...

It goes back & forth, GTA3 used a lot of Scarface's (movie) music sound track & Vice City had the general Miami theme/drug

trade & little references like the chainsaw in the motel room a couple blocks behind Tommy's first save house.

I think Scarface can stand on it's own. If you haven't played it & are into GTA, it's worth getting.

Those new to this topic - It'll take a few minutes, but there are a few things in the earlier posts that are worth looking at

if you haven't read through it already.

Maybe we should smoke cigars together sometime. :cigar:

The topics are fairly similar, yes, but yours quit showing up under NEW POSTS & you realistically can't expect everyone

to remember EVERY topic they saw once months previously. No one posted in your topic since June & didn't bother digging

through ALL the previous topics to see if anyone had a Scarface topic, just the first 4-5 pages to see if there's anything

current.

If it's that big of a deal then go ahead & merge them, it doesn't really matter to me either way.

The topics are fairly similar, yes, but yours quit showing up under NEW POSTS & you realistically can't expect everyone

to remember EVERY topic they saw once months previously. No one posted in your topic since June & didn't bother digging

through ALL the previous topics to see if anyone had a Scarface topic, just the first 4-5 pages to see if there's anything

current.

If it's that big of a deal then go ahead & merge them, it doesn't really matter to me either way.

I don't have the ability to merge them...

current.

I don't have the ability to merge them...

Done.

I haven't played it in a few weeks, the mission where you have to protect the business manager (The one that wants to stand in the middle of everything and get killed) really has me bummed.

"I don't need you, I'm a big badass..."BANG! (Falls to floor dead, again.) I hate that guy too.

I park the BODOG Stampede just outside the back door & open up on the attackers w/ it. Try to hit the cars & the

explosion will take most (if not all) of them. The trick is to keep your pet idiot's health up until you go inside & take

up a central position in the dining room. When they start coming in, use blind rage.

If it makes you feel any better, it usually takes me a couple tries too.

• 6 months later...

bit of a bump...but...

FINISHED !!! got my old memory card back, finished storyline missions yesterday.

to get 100% i need to eliminate like 30 gangs, get the rest of the balls upgrades, oh and buy some exotics (22m,28m,40m,50m,60m)...which i really cant be stuffed doing.\\

also just a question if anyone else has finished, since you get the plantation on the islands, why are you still paying for coke?...that really confuses me.

For PC version, get the PS2 style Logitech Dualshock controller & DO NOT run the patch on the game. The Dualshock

is the same controller the game was developed w/ (Sierra/VU tested it on a whopping 30 different boxes).

I remembered the Dualshock mentioned in a README & it works nicely. If you don't run the patch, the game USUALLY

remembers remapping the controls. When I ran the patch, it would tie multiple functions to the same buttons. Once I

got out of a truck, pulled a rocket launcher, fired into the engine (right next to myself) & blasted my happy ass halfway

back to Havana.

Before you take on the Drive-in, buy the "Driver" henchman & store his AK. It also helps to get the "Enforcer", he has

the M-79. These will both help when the boss shows up.

For video I'm running an N-vidia 5500 w/ 256 meg of video RAM & 1 gig on the board, & I still see a little lag. Scarface

uses some kind of shading effect that's a total hog.

I actually find the game relatively easy now, once you've completed it more than once you'll get the grip of it. I just completed it again a week ago, I found it boring playing and completing other games so I took out a game I hadn't played in a while and it happened to be Scarface: The World is Yours.

The easiest (excluding the Little Havana empire buildings) empire building I have to say is in Downtown as the U-Gin shotgun bar 'mission' but on the opposite side the hardest for me always seems to be the Fidel's Records considering that it is so boring attempting to ram a car off the road, I can't be bothered with those missions any more. Chi Peso always seems to take me multiple attempts to get it right but in the end I always seem to get it over and done with. For me the real bummer of the game is trying to get enough cash for the likes of Stein Jewellery and Coco's Lounge. It is difficult gaining enough cash when you have to go back and forth from the Islands to Miami. The distributing missions are quite fun but too much of them is a real time waster. The maximum from one Distribution mission I was able to get was around around $20,000,000 as I can't and won't give an exact amount because it has so many digits in it.

It is an excellent game though and very realistic, I would recommend this game more than most games like this.

^^^

"Felix, whatcha' got meng?"

"The Blood Brothers need help, they'll pay..."

Keep doing deals & distribution. Once you have the Babylon Club, you can sell your accumulated grams for $117 a gram

(doing deals drives the price up). Skim earlier pages for more detailed strategy.

My last game was retired w/ a $1 Billion screenshot (also in this topic).