2 weird things

JOYA

Today I was playing Vice City and I was at Leaf Links. I saw an old woman driving a caddy into a wall (Near the bridge connecting the 2 golf courses). I pull her out and drive away, across the bridge. She chases me and catches up to me and gets in the caddy. She drives off the bridge and the camera follows her driving off. As if I were driving. I thought I had been thrown out back at the bridge. The camera continues to follow her driving, she drives over the long bridge towards the west island. By the time she gets halfway across the bridge I am bored of watching her driving and I try to get the camera to focus back on me. I press a few buttons. Nothing happens. Then I press triangle and she gets out of the caddy and I just appear in the driver's seat. She runs off and I am just thinking 'what the f*** happened?'

While she was driving I made sure I wasn't in the caddy. I checked all the views and I was not in the passenger seat. I only appeared in the driver's seat when I pressed triangle and she got out. This has never happened to me before and I have had the game since 2003.

And now something a little less bizzare;

I was doing the check point charlie mission for the boatyard. I stuffed up the second jump and the boat flew into the air. In the air it was doing a 180 degree roll while flying into the barrier seperating the water from the marina. When the boat reaches 90 degrees rotation I realise I am f***ed so I bail. The momentum of the boat lets me fly over the barrier while it comes up short and splashes into the water. Shortly before exploding. This is alright. But then I realise Tommy cannot get up. He is alive but he is on the ground lying on his belly. I move the joystick clockwise to see what happens. Tommy starts rotating on the ground in a clockwise direction. I move the joystick in an anti-clockwise direction and rotates anti-clockwise. Then I press jump and he jumps up into the air like nothing happened. Strange. Again I've had the game for ages and this has never happened.

Have either of these things happened to any of you here?

Another 2 strange things happened today. I was stopped at a red light and had no wanted stars. A cop runs towards the driver's door extremely quickly. He pulls me out, runs away extremely fast for half a second and then just starts walking normally. I get up, go towards him, I punch and kick him a few times and he dies like any other cop.

I've heard that there is a 'super cop' in the game, but I had no wanted level.

This one happened right after I completed the taxi mission where you have to destroy 3 taxis from the rival company. Two street wannabes in two seperate Mannanas (completly identicle, same colour and everything) just started ramming into me. I corner them both, they both get out to run away. I kill one but lose sight of the other.

It's amazing, the amount of unusual things that happen in the game. It's the reason I love it so much.

Those things are all pretty cool and that's part of the reason I love VC as well. Something weird that happened to me once a long time ago was when I had a 1 Star Wanted Level and I was being chased by a cop. And when I did this, it was totally accidental and perfect timing because when I tried it again I messed up and got busted. So I ran and got on the PCJ 600 that activated PCJ 600 Playground and the cop ran up hit me off the bike and got on. Then as I got up he just rode away and my wanted level was gone. I guess he was a "dirty cop".

Today I was playing Vice City and I was at Leaf Links. I saw an old woman driving a caddy into a wall (Near the bridge connecting the 2 golf courses). I pull her out and drive away, across the bridge. She chases me and catches up to me and gets in the caddy. She drives off the bridge and the camera follows her driving off. As if I were driving. I thought I had been thrown out back at the bridge. The camera continues to follow her driving, she drives over the long bridge towards the west island. By the time she gets halfway across the bridge I am bored of watching her driving and I try to get the camera to focus back on me. I press a few buttons. Nothing happens. Then I press triangle and she gets out of the caddy and I just appear in the driver's seat. She runs off and I am just thinking 'what the f*** happened?'

While she was driving I made sure I wasn't in the caddy. I checked all the views and I was not in the passenger seat. I only appeared in the driver's seat when I pressed triangle and she got out. This has never happened to me before and I have had the game since 2003.

And now something a little less bizzare;

I was doing the check point charlie mission for the boatyard. I stuffed up the second jump and the boat flew into the air. In the air it was doing a 180 degree roll while flying into the barrier seperating the water from the marina. When the boat reaches 90 degrees rotation I realise I am f***ed so I bail. The momentum of the boat lets me fly over the barrier while it comes up short and splashes into the water. Shortly before exploding. This is alright. But then I realise Tommy cannot get up. He is alive but he is on the ground lying on his belly. I move the joystick clockwise to see what happens. Tommy starts rotating on the ground in a clockwise direction. I move the joystick in an anti-clockwise direction and rotates anti-clockwise. Then I press jump and he jumps up into the air like nothing happened. Strange. Again I've had the game for ages and this has never happened.

Have either of these things happened to any of you here?

Another 2 strange things happened today. I was stopped at a red light and had no wanted stars. A cop runs towards the driver's door extremely quickly. He pulls me out, runs away extremely fast for half a second and then just starts walking normally. I get up, go towards him, I punch and kick him a few times and he dies like any other cop.

I've heard that there is a 'super cop' in the game, but I had no wanted level.

This one happened right after I completed the taxi mission where you have to destroy 3 taxis from the rival company. Two street wannabes in two seperate Mannanas (completly identicle, same colour and everything) just started ramming into me. I corner them both, they both get out to run away. I kill one but lose sight of the other.

It's amazing, the amount of unusual things that happen in the game. It's the reason I love it so much.

Wow, glitches all around for you.

• 4 weeks later...

I got a glitch (PC version)

On the mission "Four Iron" I got a pistol and I used a secret Entrance, so I can go through without taking all my weapons away. Thats, I parked the Comet next the the cylender, and jump on the Comet then jump over the cylender. Then I get a caddy. At the point where he is, I start shooting at the target. He ignores the bullets, so does his men. Then he dies and he says "Who is this pyscho? Boys, deall with him" but his "boys" don't move. And once I flew over LL (Four Iron Mission) without going to the pink marker and the target isn't there.... I go back to the target, walk into it and come back. Wala! He's there...