DRIV3R Fans?

Timmy Vermicceli

Every time I read any kind of reviews about DRIV3R, whether its game magazines or from forum posters , its always a downright horrible review. I personally played DRIV3R , and thought it wasnt that horrible of a game ( Iam not suggesting it was a good one either). The only reason why I purchased DRIV3R was because I played the previos parts , which I did like ( keeping in mind they were exceptional for there time ). but when I when I played DRIV3R , it did kinda suck :thumbsdown: . I mean c,mon , after having played the GTA series, DRIV3R just does not compare. Anyways, I posted this topic wanting to know if there were any people who in fact did actually like DRIV3R, and if they did ,why? :huh: Extra note: if there are any THE GETAWAY fans, please post why you liked it ( Iam also listing the THE GETAWAY because it was as crappy )

Man.When I was gonna get GTA SA for my birthday,my friend bought me DIV3R instead.And even though it was a pretty dumb game,not getting GTA made me hate it worse :lol: .The graphics were pretty good actually,but weird controls,dumb story,(though I didn't get far enough to truely figure out the story)and since everything that is a bit like GTA,it's called a bad gta clone,which it was and just wasn't that fun.(Iended up getting SA for christmas.)

I have driv3r. The cars look really good, if you walk next to a car you can see Tanner's shadow on the car. Only real problem I had with the game was its car physics, reflections were trying to aim for a hollywood style game and in hollywood, cars powerslide in and out of corners, sadly, that forumla pleases movie watchers and not game players

Driver 2 is the best of the whole series. After that, it all went down hill.

Driver 3 felt jerky and incomplete.

Parellel Lines felt like a blantent rip-off of San Andreas. (not that Driv3r wasn't a blatent rip-off of Vice City, but it was even more obvious in PL)

I actually enjoyed the first Getaway game, but the second was horrible. I don't know why, but I like the first one a lot better.

i played a demo of it, but it was too f***ing irritating to complete. the controls are extremely unforgiving and the game always looks to knock you down with horribly tough missions containing sparsely placed checkpoints. the best thing about driver 3 is the underworld place you can enter. everythings upside down there, which makes for interesting driving.

I have it on my Nintendo.

I think hes talking about driver2 on the gameboy advance. oh and BTW, apart from the quote, I wonder why with all of that damn time Reflections had, how come DRIV3R turned out so bad? and you would think that they would have learned there lesson when they made driver4, but no , still pretty much crappy. Th3 n3xt Driver that com3s out, I am staying way th3 h3ll away!

Edited by Timmy Vermicceli

• 3 weeks later...

Beat the game? I got stuck on one of the first missions where you have to chase down that guy. Thanks to the shitty car physics, it took me atleast 15 tries to pass it. Cars powerslide like hell, is there oil on all the wheels in driv3r? That mission where you had to drive the cars up the truck was also hard, the car usually slid off the ramp. Right now im on that mission where you have to chase down that girl in istanbul, forgot her name, characters arnt that interesting to be remembered. Anyhoo, again, the car physics, I can never follow her after the alleyway.