GTA 4 : Vancouver

Alistair

I don't mean to knock you. You did a great job with the box art (Is that Ace Combat 04 I see in the bottom left corner?), but I don't think Seattle really has that many gangs. I'm not sure about Vancouver, but I would assume the same.

I'm sure they have some gangs, as does every city, but they certainly aren't known for it like New York and LA. Seattle is basically known for lots of rain, Starbucks, and that fish market of theirs. Vancouver is mainly known for the Sedin twins and weed.

I don't mean to knock you. You did a great job with the box art (Is that Ace Combat 04 I see in the bottom left corner?), but I don't think Seattle really has that many gangs. I'm not sure about Vancouver, but I would assume the same.

I'm sure they have some gangs, as does every city, but they certainly aren't known for it like New York and LA. Seattle is basically known for lots of rain, Starbucks, and that fish market of theirs. Vancouver is mainly known for the Sedin twins and weed.

...but.....but.....what are you trying to say? That GTA in vancouver isn't a good idea???? :D Don't worry, I know it wouldn't really work, it's just a fun idea, I'd play it but I doubt anyone else would. Thought Americans might like the idea of battling Canadians for territory though! (I'm British, by the way). To be honest I prefer Chicago and (yes I know its already been done) but NYC again as locales for GTA4, somewhere dark and built up, and with snow! Midtown Madness 1 was the last free-roaming game with snow that I can remember, shame, it's fun to practice driving on (if hard to simulate). But GTAIII had a very nice ora to it that Vice and SA failed to make, even though it's no features I still think GTAIII was the best of the bunch.

...but.....but.....what are you trying to say? That GTA in vancouver isn't a good idea???? :D Don't worry, I know it wouldn't really work, it's just a fun idea, I'd play it but I doubt anyone else would. Thought Americans might like the idea of battling Canadians for territory though! (I'm British, by the way). To be honest I prefer Chicago and (yes I know its already been done) but NYC again as locales for GTA4, somewhere dark and built up, and with snow! Midtown Madness 1 was the last free-roaming game with snow that I can remember, shame, it's fun to practice driving on (if hard to simulate). But GTAIII had a very nice ora to it that Vice and SA failed to make, even though it's no features I still think GTAIII was the best of the bunch.

I was kind of wondering where you were from because I've never known anyone from Canada to be named Alistair. Usually only Europeans have that name.

Actually I have heard Seattle had problems with Traid, Yakuza, and the Russian Mob issues like money laundering and that sort of stuff and you know Seattle had a major serial killer like once a decade it seams. as for Vancouver well i cant say much about that city mostly drug stuff I guess.

Did you know more illegal drugs come through the Canadian border than the Mexecan :wacko:

Wow I was wondering if anyone would actually make something like this. I'm from Vancouver and it's not so bad except for all thse durgs but I don't actually think we have to much gangs. If any city in Canada was chosen for GTA4 it would proably be Toronto (where I lived a couple of years ago as well) as it's bigger, more people, and I think it has more gangs. Vancouver would be cool to explore and all but the gangs and stuff just wouldn't be real. Seattle on the other hand doesn't sound so bad, it's a possibility, don't know too much about down there but it would seem more likely to have more gangs than Vancouver. Nice job on the cover art though.

P.S. If Canada does smuggle more drugs that's pretty weird and kinda surprising. But -_-:erm:

Edited by ArturKim21

Wow I was wondering if anyone would actually make something like this. I'm from Vancouver and it's not so bad except for all thse durgs but I don't actually think we have to much gangs. If any city in Canada was chosen for GTA4 it would proably be Toronto (where I lived a couple of years ago as well) as it's bigger, more people, and I think it has more gangs. Vancouver would be cool to explore and all but the gangs and stuff just wouldn't be real. Seattle on the other hand doesn't sound so bad, it's a possibility, don't know too much about down there but it would seem more likely to have more gangs than Vancouver. Nice job on the cover art though.

P.S. If Canada does smuggle more drugs that's pretty weird and kinda surprising. But -_-:erm:

Its not that they smuggle more its that more gets past the border. Hell in some places the border is just a grass median between roads. but anyway yah it would be interesting if they did do Vancouver & seattle.

I think they should do all the northwest like Idaho and Oregon and have Alaska & Hawaii just for fun. :D

Chill everyone! Get some of that Canadian kind-spiritedness in y'all :D

And yes it is fake, I made it!

I'm glad people like the boxart, and I know there aren't gangs in Vancouver, hence why in the mission brief I said that the gangs were in Seattle, and none in Vancouver, except the imaginary Mounties who are just a bunch of Canadians that want to vie for some American territory! GTA gangs are majoritatively make-believe, I don't think you really see Vietnamese gangs roaming round San Francisco with SMGs!! It's just for fun, that's what GTA is.

^dude there are gangs in vancouver and all around vancouver eg. HELLS ANGLES. i live 2 hours away from vancouver and theres been 16 hell's angels busted and 29 drug grow-opps, and they own practicly all of the clubs,bars,liquar stores where i live,(i live in Kelowna) anyway the GTA Vanouver would be kinda cool

Edited by wheelman101