Havok 4?

Alistair

I realise it's probably too late by now (in terms of GTA4 already being in production), but if they use Havok 4 I think we would all be blown away! In case you didn't know, this is the example video of Havok 4 physics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWjSJ0PHqf8&eurl=

Just think if GTA used this! Destroyable buildings (with rocket launchers, satchel packs, car bombs, etc...), it would knock the gaming world away!

Well I'm pretty sure those buildings would get repaired as soon as they get out of your draw distance. :gappy:

hahaha, true! But it would look good if after you destroy a building, it slowly turns into a construction site and it starts getting built up again. But after a building is destroyed, I think it likely that the authorities would stop all selling of bombs in Ammu-nation, close the car-bomb shops, and basically make it impossible to do again for a while - it would be a one-off occurence! But for things like crashing your car into a wall, it would be fantastic if the wall was damaged, and rebuilt over a period of time, and if car crashes were realistic!!!! This sort of thing might be for GTA5 though, I don't think current computers could run that sort of thing, Oblivion is bad enough on a mega-machine.

Actually, does anybody know what engine GTA4 will use? I'm really hoping it's not going to be similar to the ones used in the GTAIII series. The explosions I find very dissapointing, it's all the same, and cars do NOT explode like that anymore, it's not CHiPs!!! And fire, like what you find in Postal2, would be awesome! At the very least I want an engine that can simulate snow and ice, cars that have realistic damage and reduce in performance from damage -- if I crash my car head-first into a wall, I want my car to be realistically smashed up and unuseable!! Same with guns, if I shoot someone in the chest or head, they die instantly, their head doesn't pop like a baloon! Nor do they take 5 shots to the abdomen easily with a pistol. Limping, unable to use an arm etc would also be good touches to the game. And like in Mafia, when you crash your car, you are injured - same with bikes, if you fly off a bike at 90, you can't jump off like a metallic Arnold Schwarzenegger! You die. I think all the enemies should be killable like normal life, and a difficulty setting ONLY sets how much damage you can take.

Make GTA4 like that, and I would be happy :)

Edited by Alistair