Incredible Fake Map

Cryptecks

Wow... the new version of the map clears up a LOT of the problems - and most importantly, it manages to solve both the Buildings-seen-from-Hanky-Panky and the Chillead-location problems at once.

OK, I'm making a checklist of all known info about the map... feel free to add to it or correct it. BUT PLEASE SOMEHOW MARK YOUR CHANGES FROM POST TO POST SO PPL CAN TRACK THEM EASILY. And remember to unmark other ppl's changes before you make yours.

01) Big Buildings seen from HP Point... check.

02) Lots of country between LS and SF... check.

03) Possiblity of mountain(s) between LS and SF... check.

04) Bone county (desert) visible from Panopticon... check.

05) Flint county (mountain) visible from Panopticon... check.

06) SF airport visible from Panopticon... check.

07) Atleast one SF bridge connects to non-urban area which may or may not be mountainous... check.

08) "America-shaped map" (I remember reading this somewhere)... not check.

09) Lots of open countryside for small towns... check.

10) Bridge from Rodeo going west... check.

11) "City Limit" north of Red County a possibility... check.

12) "City Limit" west of Rodeo a possibility... not check unless it refers to LS's city limits.

13) Map about 4-6 times > VC assuming LS = VC... check.

14) SF might straddle a river/sea/inlet/creek/bay etc... check.

15) Angel Pine near the base of Mt. Chilliad... check.

Yeah, so it fits everything we know so far and most of what we suspect so far... great job with the map tnk!

But just a bunch of questions I'd like to throw out...

Do you think you can fly/swim/drive to all cities outright so there will be no sectioning as in 3 and VC? If there is sectioning, what excuse will be given to block access? In 3 it was the explosion + construction delay, and in VC it was a hurricane warning.

Will you be able to fly a "Juank Air" plane or will you merely be able to ride it around from city to city like you do public transport?

I'm trying not to be completely overwhelmed by all the previews, hype and rumours. When I got GTA3 and VC, my only experience of them wa playing on them a couple of times at a friend's house - I didn't know anything about them, which meant I was completely blown away when I did play them.

Listen, what I'm saying is - what is the point in all this theorising? Does it really matter if you can 'guess' beforehand the layout of the cities? Is it too much trouble to wait a few months for the game to come out, then you can see the exact layout of the official map? This whole 'mappng SA' idea is complelety and utterly pointless.

Well, actually it is kind of interesting to see how close we can all get. I know it will still be a total shock to see the map. Besides, if you don't want to participate, go to another thread.

Not a very smart way to talk to a Super Mod, but you're right, nonetheless.

Anyway, I hope that tnk is close to the real map simply for laughs and the occaisional, man tnk kicks ass!

I agree it's KINDA a waste of time...

But i was bored at work, and mainly wanted to do it just to get an idea of size. But it was fun, and when everybody started pointing out other bits of evidence it was kind of a matter of pride to try and make it better!

Yo ppl ppl.....

We all know this "theorizing" is utterly pointless - but consider it a challange, to your deductive skills, to your logical reasoning and to your imagination (and also to tnk's Photoshop skills :P ).

It would be fun to reconstruct a map and find out the real one is exactly like what you calculated based on the clues, wouldn't it?

Ofcourse, you're not getting any prizes for it, but we're doing this merely for our own entertainment, cos I for one am going to be entirely bored until GTASA comes out on PC (which is estimated to be NEXT JUNE :( )

Already I've begun dreaming about what I'm gonna be doing the min I get the game.

Btw

1) what's a tool (as in ppl being tools)?

and

2) what's a super mod?

BTW is anyone who's gonna get SA on PC aware of what the reqs are gonna be? I'm gonna build a new PC soon, and I'm thinking of including the following

ATI All-In-Wonder 9600 Graphics Card (64 MB Ram)

1 GB DDR 333 MHz RAM

80 GB SATA Hard Drive

Plextor <some model number here> DVD Burner

AMD Athlon 2800 or 3200 64-Bit Processor

Gigabyte KNXP<something> VIA-based motherboard

I wanna be able to run SA at full speed with the highest possible graphics and all features including music etc and still have enough power left over to run a relatively intese app like MS Word or Kazaa. Does anyone know if the above PC will do it?

Should I post the reqs qn on another board?

Well for sure you are going to need a better GFX Card. 64mb isn't enough to run just about ANY new game on Medium Settings, let alone high. I would recommend a FX5200 128mb, it will at least last you for a few more games.

yeah actually the card has 128 mb sry... and i really cant afford anything more at the moment, even if its not gonna work with games anymore... :(

btw how much ram does a ps2 have any idea?

And nice map tnk... tho i think SF airport is a bit closer to the panopticon than that.

BTW was "Edgar Dam" ur idea? Nice one, tho "Herbert Dam" is probably what it should have been ;-)

Oh and did u see the other post where the fellow who claims to have worked for R* says that its gonna take an HOUR of real time to drive b/n LS and SF in an infernus?

I can't even believe that... can any of u?

Edited by qwerty_ca

• 2 weeks later...