19 members have voted

1. 1. Own a xbox 360

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Going to buy a ps3

• As soon as it's released in my country
    • I'l buy one but will wait till the price falls
    • I don't won't a ps3

as you probably know, today the ps3 was realeased In Japan. With only 100.000 models made it's already sold out. Untill now Sony is still losing profet on the ps3 but according to Sony that won't be for long. On the 17 ps3 will be also released in Amerika. However. We (in Europe) will have to wait untill MARCH to finally get our hands on it.

Now if you look at the price in Tokio and you convert in to Euro in costs 350 Euro. The actual sale price will be arround 600 Euro when it's realeased in Europe.

Edit: It has now (17th November) been released in America and I got some pics:

the console:

sonyps3i.jpg

and the game Motor Storm also look at downloads for a trailer

MotorStorm__alle_bi_204807m.jpg

MotorStorm_10494797.jpg

1900654475_1999998469_motorstorm_337x253.jpg

Lair:

lair-1.jpg

lair_sc4.jpg

this is an extra ordinary game since it bairly uses normal controls but the movement sensors.

Downloads:

Motor Storm trailer

What are you thougts on the ps3?

Also check out their site

This is living

Specs

These are some system specs of the 60 gb model:

Weight is about 5 kg

It supports Dolby 5.1 surround sound

it got 256 main Ram, 256 GDDR3 VRam (no idea what that means)

It got a 20gb or 60gb HDD. This is upgradible to a higher level.

It got 4 USB 2.0 connector's that can also charge you wireless controller.

It has Wifi. This let's you be able to get a connection with you home computer and PSP

It has Bluetooth 2.0 (edr). This is for you controller connection since it's wireless

And also a Ethernet connection What they claim is the fastest availible at this time

It got a HDMI output but unfortunatly the cable is sold sepratly.

A digital out. This is to connect you ps3 to a external sound system

It can Read Blue Ray disc's

play ps 3,2 and even ps games. Or in other words BD, DVD, CD and SACD

More info at the ps3 site

last edit November the 17th 2006

Edited by jaçe

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with everyone else who posted - im gonna wait for the price to drop before buying it, anyway i live in england so i have a long wait. I think they will have problems with the ps3, simply because its very expensive, well, it is for people who dont have money printing machines. Youll also need a HD-TV to get the best out of it, and that could be up to £10,000 depending on what make and size. Add into this the price of the games (£50 in england, $60 in america) and i cant see a massive fanbase.

personally i think pc and xbox 360 will cruise ahead in the next gen race, and this is coming from someone who despises both of them. Its a shame, but all great companies fall from grace.

Tec 9,PC has way better graphiocs than a PS3 I think.You just need the money to buy a great graphics card and really fast processer and stuff.I'm goin to buy the PS3.I'm gonna wait til' the price drops though.XBox-360 may have downloadable episodes for GTA 4 but I can probably just watch the video on youtube or something.Plus Playstation always has a better game selection.

BTW,on November 17 ATOS(Attack of the show)on G4TV will be giving 3 hours of full coverage on the PS3 launch day.They'll be at that launch place.You guys should watch it,it looks awesome.

Jace, your people seem more like my people. And Nate10, I stayed up until midnight on November 22, 2005 watching the Xbox 360 launch on G4. I'm not doing that shit again for a while. All that was just a bunch of previews and for the last thirty minutes, five reviews. Pretty moderate, except for COD2, which got a five out of five.

You probably guest it im getting a ps3 but in March cos i live in the Uk.

Tommy Montana the price in England will be

60 GB - £435

20 GB - £385

With the 60 gp and 20 gb you basically are getting the basic stuff ie the consol, the controller, memory stick etc.

I gotta admit the ps3 is far too expensive but i will still be getting it the first week it comes out. I would get it for the first day but it usually is sold out.

IMO XBox is going to win the race for about the first year when the ps3 release is out but once companies start using more disc space blue ray will be valuable and the x box will have to create multiple gaming discs which as far as i know will increase the price the same as ps3. So eventually i think ps3 will win