Need For Speed:Most Wanted

Dark Lord

I've played it a couple of times on demo and at my friends house and I'd say it's pretty good. Why I like it is because it has actual good cars unlike NFSU (but that was still pretty good too) and the cop thing where they chase you. I remember playing that on like NFS Hot Pursuit (such a LONG time ago...). I might buy Carbon later on.

Yeah it's not bad, I've got it on PS2. I also have NFSU and NFSU2 on the PS2, and will probably get Carbon when I get an Xbox 360. I don't like racing games on the PC really, even though they'd probably pwn with my awesome system but oh well. Meh I still have NFS3 Hot Pursuit and NFS4 on PS1 :P

Those were the good old days of racing games.

I will have to warn you, Carbon is excately the same as Most Wanted. The only new things are the game's logo and that chick is being played by another whore actress. The city is the same, just the districts have been re-arranged. Oh yeah the shading system will divide your framerate by 2. And if you set it to low, you won't see shit and won't be able to play properly.

Well, you can't say you haven't been warned. If Carbon doesn't ruin EA nothing will. If you actually need to get one copy, do it like me, the cheaper way (well I get all my games and programs that way ^_^). Because you'll probably regret it later.

NFS has gone downhill since 3. Then NFSU gave us hope, but it was ruined by UG2.

I hated NFS since the beginning. The cars handle like boxes, they hardly ever powerslide (unless in drifing level) and are stiff as hell. And I noticed no difference from any of the card. I could have sworn my honda civic and acura integra handled the same. I prefer midnight Club 3. Sure, mods arnt as in dept as NFS, but atleast your car handles different from the rest, powerslides and can fly

So you leave the town anf then story continues in Carbon.

Yeah just the problem is that it seems like it's the same city. And most of the characters are old. SO, if you really really really have to get it, do it the cheaper way, otherwise you'd want to jump off the cliff.

I get a game for the price of a single empty CD/DVD :P

Well anyway Carbon is short aswell. Each race is about 1% of the game completion. And the police pursuits occur very rarely. Not even close to that intensity and thrill from MW.

And the soundtrack...oh crap! It's getting worse and worse ever since Underground. UG had good sountrack, Lostprophets, Static-X, Story of the Year, Element Eighty, Fuel...MW had Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold and Static-X has re-appeared again, but with a crappy song. UG2 had Killradio and Rise Against. But Carbon...the gayest soundtrack ever. Some stupid slow hip hop and gay pop. Apparently it has some slow rock aswell. It would be better if they'd put David Bowie instead. More adrenaline pumping. And that window that shows a currently playing song is gone.

Well yeah, I could bitch and bitch for hours. But I like you guys, so I won't.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...