What does your PC have?

Samiam2

A while ago I said bye to Vista. I installed Mac OS X tiger X86 for the hell of it, but it sucked (no sounder, WLAN, ethernet, and I had no Mac programs). A day after installing OSX I put ubuntu on. the day after that my hard drive failed. I was using live CDs for a while (Ubuntu, Kubuntu), the day after that I got a new hard drive. Still 160 GB, but this one is quieter and uses less battery power. I installed Ubuntu and am using that now.

• 2 weeks later...
The PC where I am right now:

Processor'z: Intel Dual-Core 3.2GHz (Epic win)

Graphics Card: ATi Radeon 9550 - 256MB (well, it could be better :P )

HDD: the only think I know it's that is SATA 2, 160GB and 7200RPM. (EPIC WINZ!!!)

Intel doesn't have a CPU at 3,2 GHz stock right now, so it will have to be an older model. So it isn't really an epic win.

Also, mine runs at 4,4 GHz. Wolfdale CPU, so it's a new one. Hello 10 second super pi score (ok, 10.9 sec, darn it :P)

• 2 weeks later...

mine sucks, but it does me good

P4 1.90 GHz

512 RAM

20 GB HDD, but gettin an external when i can be bothered to stop getting 360 games with all my money

64MB graphics, nvidia something or other

Windows XP

lets me run SA at

640x480x32

visual FX low

anti-aliasing off,

but there is no lag, and i can play SA-MP pretty good too,

Edited by claude-5

The PC where I am right now:

Processor'z: Intel Dual-Core 3.2GHz (Epic win)

Graphics Card: ATi Radeon 9550 - 256MB (well, it could be better :P )

HDD: the only think I know it's that is SATA 2, 160GB and 7200RPM. (EPIC WINZ!!!)

Intel doesn't have a CPU at 3,2 GHz stock right now, so it will have to be an older model. So it isn't really an epic win.

Also, mine runs at 4,4 GHz. Wolfdale CPU, so it's a new one. Hello 10 second super pi score (ok, 10.9 sec, darn it :P )

lol, I think it's AMD.

Forgive me, they do.

Didn't know of that one at the time

QX9750. Pretty stupid buy to be very honest. I mean, it's a great CPU, it really is. But looking at the rest of his config, he isn't a die-hard computer enthusiast at all, so having that CPU just doesn't make sense. If you're not going to do extreme overclocking, why buy one of Intel's Extreme CPU's. Just go for their normal Core 2's

Intel Pentium 4 1.7 GHz

256 MB RAM

160 GB HDD

nVidia GeForce (364 MB)

One of the most crappiest, boring and slow PC's there are. I think around the year 2001-02 (That's when my parents brought it) was probably where it was a good PC. Now, it's like the worst systems right now, can't even play GTA 3 well and Photoshop takes more than 2 minutes to load, my bro's PC takes around a few secs to get it all up.

Hopefully I'll be getting a nice PC with a better GFX Card, along with more HDD and RAM. So pretty much, any good PC will do me good as long as I can at least move away from this shit. :P

A while ago I said bye to Vista. I installed Mac OS X tiger X86 for the hell of it, but it sucked (no sounder, WLAN, ethernet, and I had no Mac programs). A day after installing OSX I put ubuntu on. the day after that my hard drive failed. I was using live CDs for a while (Ubuntu, Kubuntu), the day after that I got a new hard drive. Still 160 GB, but this one is quieter and uses less battery power. I installed Ubuntu and am using that now.

Yeah, Vista's shortcomings make me feel that I want to loathe that system...

I installed Mac OS X tiger X86

what were you smoking :P

He's probably installing a patched version of OS X; if you might notice, Apple began switching to Intel two years ago, since they find PPC CPUs expensive. They're the same x86 stuff found on an average PC, so the 1337 lads devised ways to make Mac OS run on non-Apple hardware...

Intel Pentium 4 1.7 GHz

256 MB RAM

160 GB HDD

nVidia GeForce (364 MB)

One of the most crappiest, boring and slow PC's there are. I think around the year 2001-02 (That's when my parents brought it) was probably where it was a good PC. Now, it's like the worst systems right now, can't even play GTA 3 well and Photoshop takes more than 2 minutes to load, my bro's PC takes around a few secs to get it all up.

Hopefully I'll be getting a nice PC with a better GFX Card, along with more HDD and RAM. So pretty much, any good PC will do me good as long as I can at least move away from this shit. :P

My cousin had a similar configuration, although he had a 2Ghz P4 and an S3 internal video chip...

As for my PC, I modded Windows heavily to make it look like a Mac:

osx.jpg

• 1.8Ghz Pentium Dual Core E2160
  • 80GB HDD (Western Digital, I think)
  • Nvidia GeForce 7300LE (I might upgrade to a better one once I have a job)
  • Windows XP Pro SP2
  • Lotta' programs...
  • And that Strawberry Shortcake wallpaper... :lolbounce:

• 1 month later...

BUMPITY BUMP.

Well, I ordered a new PC just a few days ago from Mesh, it's a pretty mint PC I got and hopefully will beat the shit out of this PC. Specs are:

Intel® Core 2 Quad Q6600 (2.4GHz, 8MB Cache, 1066MHz)

Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1, 64-bit

ASUS P5N-MX Nvidia Geforce7050 Mainboard - Intel Coreâ„¢ 2 Duo/Quad Core MATX

4096MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM - (2x 2GB)

500GB Serial ATA Hard Drive with 16MB Buffer

Samsung 22x Dual Layer DVD Writer Super Format +R/-R/RW/RAM

512MB nVIDIA GeForce 9500GT

20.1" Widescreen LCD TFT

Yeah, people are saying the GFX card is fail, but I don't care because I'm not really going to be playing games on my PC like all you guys, I got college coursework to get done, so until then, no PC games for me. :P But around Christmas I'll upgrade since I'll have some monies on me, but with the EMA thing being delayed due to the government making that rescue package, It'll be hard to get a good price.

But yeah, it has massively improved from my current PC I'm using. I probably can play GTA SA, VC and III now, but also some of my old time favourites too.

Damn,couldn't you get a 9600GT?On 9500 the gamez will be ShiT.(no seriously).

And Vista sucks hard.

My budget was £600 or under, if I added a 9600GT It would've went up. And no, I don't believe their are any games that will be shit on their, just cause it's under a 9600GT means it's shit, I mean, Call Of Duty 4 will most likely work on it (Well I need to check the requirements for it).

Vista does suck at some point, I mean if you're a gamer, not every game is compatible, but I'm not going to be playing games on it, I'll be working more of a less, but I will probably play games on it when I have free time.

So at some point, Vista will be fine for me.

Oh and Lonewolf, thanks. :)

same aka [something]: You have never used Vista or you have, but have a shitty computer. I know that, because if you what I said was not true, you'd like Vista more or at least as much as Windows XP.

It isn't 'cool' to say what other people have said you know. Use it and draw your own conclusions.

And though the graphic card isn't great, if you aren't planing to run games, then it will be fine.

Well, 9500GT does seem to look like a decent card in price range. But watching a few video's and stuff, it seems decent when it comes to Call Of Duty 4 and other games, but really, I'm either going to be working on it more than playing it, but I will probably play some games when I'm free and stuff.

And yeah, Vista's actually awesome, in design view it's pretty sweet, and at some point it's pretty swell when it comes to opening some windows up, fade in affect is like ftw.

But yeah, some shit happened. I'm gonna be phoning MESH tomorrow about my order, they said something about receiving a second email about my delivery date, but hasn't even come?

well i mean if your not really playing games a lot, then even an integrated card would be fine.

Plus, a performance increase of up to 3x over the comparable 8 series graphics card
<- from nvidia.com

i assume they mean 3x over a 8500gt ?

the rest of your specs are great btw. despite my userbar vista is actually good when it works. just have had bad experiences with friends pc's that have vista.

• 1 month later...

My new computer: :)

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E7300 CPU @ 2.66GHz 1066FSB 3MB L2 Cache 64-bit

Windows XP Home Edition SP3 32bit

Gigabyte GA-EG31M-S2 Intel G31 Chipset LGA775 FSB1333 DDR2 Mainboard

3GB PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)

Single Hard Drive (500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)

Sony 20X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive

NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 512MB 16X PCI Express

Acer V Series V173 B LCD Monitor 17" Widescreen (have it already)

Edited by GTAsoldier

• 3 weeks later...

mine's a few months old

case : antec 12 hundred / 6*120mm & 1*200mm

psu : enermax 525w pro82+

mobo : evga 750i ftw

cpu & cooling : intel c2d e8400 / overclocked & sunbeam tuniq tower 120

ram : mushkin xp2-6400 dualpack / overclocked

hdd : wd6400aaks & wd3200aaks / raid

video : evga 9800gtx ko / overclocked & horizon 2206sw

audio : creative soundblaster x-fi xtreme audio & microlab solo-7c

optic unit : optiarc sonynec ad7200s