Big Map Or Small Map

K9 Krew

What would you rather a smaller game map with excellent visuals or a larger game map with the graphics not being as good?

I personally would prefer a larger map with slighter worse graphics myself, I like the idea of exlporing in a game and the smaller land just gets quite boring after a while. And with the next gen graphics they won't be that bad after all, no matter how big the map is.

Like you said, it boosts the replay value. Graphics is actually a 2nd choice, since not every eye candy games are as good as good graphic games.

And yeah, the PS3 should be able to handle a city about 6 times San Andreas' size, and about 10 times more detailed than San Andreas.

If the game did have a small area it would get repetitive pretty quickly, which was the only problem in gta3 and vice city. I'd happily take a bigger map at the expense of graphics any day, especially if there's plenty of hidden extras Rockstar usually include in their games.

Gameplay> Graphics.

A map 6 times bigger then SA, would rule, as I enjoy getting lost.

One thing I liked about the big map in SA is, sometimes I don't remember where places are, but on LC and VC it was just to easy to get around.

So a f***ing big map, no doubt. :)

Graphics aren't a real issue for me. Lets be honest, GTA doesn't have the best graphics. Actually there's games with better graphics, but aren't as fun.

Edited by MiamiViceCity

It would be pointless with a desert and no countryside , thats like taking crack from a crackhead...

I would like to think that Gta Iv would have over 4 citys , three countrysides and a huge desert the size of the countrysides put together. I too would like to get lost , i did in san andreas ; it took me around 20 minutes to find my way out of ganton!

It would be pointless with a desert and no countryside , thats like taking crack from a crackhead...

I would like to think that Gta Iv would have over 4 citys , three countrysides and a huge desert the size of the countrysides put together. I too would like to get lost , i did in san andreas ; it took me around 20 minutes to find my way out of ganton!

I agree. Getting lost is fun in a map. But yeah, bigger map than graphics.

Heh it is taking crack from a crackhead isn't it?

HUGE MAP, many many man time the size of san andreas. this time they should try somthing different, possably have like four or more cities, and a huge ocean in the middle with small islands, cargo ships, aircraft carriers, cruis ships and possably an oil rig way out in the ocean. and then the cities can be HUGE, graphgics were always good enough, add some touchups and it will be perfect!

Well if it was like GTA VC, well the map would be Huge, Really Huge, i guess it cuts off the screen, and you have to explore the whole place itself, Most games have it.

I don't get wot you mean tommy montana. Are you saying that VC is big???

What i mean is, If The Graphics in Vice City was in GTAIV, then the City would be soo huge, Get it now?

Well as starter of the topic i thought i might just tell you this in the December 25th Version of ZOO Magazine in Australiathey were testing the ps3 compared to the xbox360 And They Gave the ps3 a 10/10 for graphics so even if the map is massive the graphics will still be great :D

Edited by Wu Zi Mu