Best Program for Recording

Wheelman101

I have never heard of Fraps 99 though

Meh, that's a noobish term for 1.9d. Because the icon says "99". The 2.x.x has a screen as an icon. Anyway, Fraps 1.9d is good. After all, you save the reps and then you lower the details and record @ 640x480x32. So Fraps 1.9d is good all the way here. I have 2.7.4 but the only "new" feature I use is that you can set up the folder to save your reps and screens in (1.9d saved them to the main Fraps folder). Since my PC is not good enough to record half screen on 1280x1024x32 (my gameplay settings) @ 25fps I have to record fullscreen on 640x480x32. And again, that's like using the 1.9d.

Game Cam has a lot of pointless features you'll never use which makes it just way more complicated to use than Fraps. You don't need to have zoom in-out, brightness or contrast settings on a benchmaking program. You'll edit the clips in a video editing program anyway. However, it does have a few features Fraps could use. But well, I got used to Fraps so that's it for me.

Since my PC is not good enough to record half screen on 1280x1024x32 (my gameplay settings) @ 25fps I have to record fullscreen on 640x480x32. And again, that's like using the 1.9d.

I think Daffy said it changes anything higher than 1024 X 768 to 640 x 480 if you chech the half-size option. I just find it easier to record at 12.5 fps for SA and 15 fps for VC, as that is less demanding ;)

Game Cam has a lot of pointless features you'll never use which makes it just way more complicated to use than Fraps. You don't need to have zoom in-out, brightness or contrast settings on a benchmaking program. You'll edit the clips in a video editing program anyway. However, it does have a few features Fraps could use. But well, I got used to Fraps so that's it for me.

Weird, I tried using gamecam and it just crashed my SA. Overall I though it wasn't very good anyway.

I have the latest version of Fraps 2.4.7.

But for some damn reason it is not working on my PC :cry:

Uninstall all versions of fraps you have. then run a search on all of your computer and delete all fraps files (not recorded clips or pics) and delete all of them (exept the installer to your 2.7.4)

After that install it again and it should work ;) If not you will have to buy your own copy :P (I had to :( )

Oh and corporal, uncheck the box that says something like

"show fps while recording"
It was something like that. Edited by Ghost

ok i now know how to use Fraps 1.9d but now it just show a quarter of it,but i read the README

"When I view the AVI movie I only see a quarter of the screen. How can I capture the entire screen area?

Fraps can only currently capture at a maximum resolution of 640x480. Make sure that you configure the game to use this resolution before recording a movie. Also disable anti-aliasing if it is currently enabled. "

i try to set it to 640x480 but it wont let me....technology hates me:(